It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hadn't thought about that but yes - the idea behind stonehenge originated in Ireland. Makes good sense to me

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Cool thread Ghost Dog.
Stonehenge was built around 3100 bc ish wasn`t it?
Wow...long ago.
A lot of mining and quarrying went on around that time in Wales too.
Heres a copper mine near where i live,the oldest part of which has been dated to 3500 bc:

www.wales-underground.org.uk...

External source:
"Bronze Age miners used volcanic stones, usually of Dolerite or Diorite, from the beach as hammers and over 2,500 of these have been found (ranging from 2 to 29 kilos in weight). Loose and broken rock was then scrapped away with a piece of animal bone. Of the 30,000 bones found in the mine about 80% are from cattle with the remainder from sheep, goats, deer and wild boar. Sometimes the miners lit fires against the rock which would crack after it was allowed to cool. Charcoal remains of coppiced trees indicate that forest management was practised to supply the mine with wood."

Maybe the weather was the same as is is now here,and people used to live in the mines with the animals during winter.

We have always wanted to be builders it seems.
Another angle on stonehenge:
The rumours.I have heard 2 good ones.

1 secret facility under or near stonhenge.

2Government looked at an idea to re route the road away from stone henge,make it an offence to go there and(wait for it)
Build a fibre glass replica for the tourists and hippies...

Just some Glastonbury rumours though.

Aha i found a link to rumour 2!

www.stonehenge-crrg.org.uk...

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know this is a silly question but how much on average do you think one of those stones at Stonehenge weighs? How have they remained in place for so long. You'd think that winds in excess of 120 mph may be able to shift them, I guess not.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Bet they weigh a lot,Im thinking they stay in the ground so well because their largest part is under the ground.
Like an iceberg sort of,the tip being the part we can see.

Here is a classic picture of the latest use for the ancient monument,BTW
"sigh",im sure that wasn`t the intended use...

www.sfgate.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
With the low light level in that photo, that guy jumping doesn't even appear to be human, he looks more like an ape or something, what a cool picture.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good comment,Greydawn,

Maybe thats the purpose of the stones,to show us in our primal state,heheh
sorry off topic again,slAP slap!

It is a cool pic,hope no one underneath got hurt though-pretty high for a stage dive.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Stoneage it's a structure which could be built by humans, not like pyramids

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by draculasblood

So you are saying it was impossible for humans to have built the pyramids? Come on...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by draculasblood

Hey dracblood,
the underground shaft in the the great pyramid is a puzzle.

I found this information interesting:

external source,link below:
"Many people are aware of the phenomenal engineering feats involved in the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza. For those who are not I would like to give a brief and simple summary of some of these facts.

On the west of the river Nile, not too far from ancient Memphis and almost opposite present day Cairo, stands the last one of the seven wonders of the ancient world THE GREAT PYRAMID. This is the largest of all the pyramids and the first built. It embodies in its construction such a wealth of knowledge of mathematics and astronomy that indicate that it's builders possessed amazing wisdom.

The original pyramid was built of granite and limestone rock and had a smooth exterior finish of white limestone which would have made it impossible to surmount. Some legends say its capstone was made of gold. In its original form it must have been an awe inspiring sight. But the passage of time and the wear and tear of countless storms have stripped away its limestone exterior and left us with what we have today. Now one can climb to the top, using the bricks as stairs, a feat which, in its initial form, would have been impossible. The esteemed architect and escatologiest, Clarence Larkin, made the following observations.

The base of the Great Pyramid covers about thirteen acres. It consists of approximately 2.3 million blocks of stone weighing around 2.5 tons each, some weighing up to 50 tons. Some huge granite blocks, weighing 100 tons, are situated within the pyramid structure at a height of 46 meters. The base of the pyramid is a square with right angles accurate to within one-twentieth of a degree. The sides are equilateral triangles and face exactly to the true north, south, east and west of the earth.

Taking the Hebrew cubit to be 25.025 inches, the length of each side of the base is 365.2422 cubits, the exact number of days in the solar year (including the extra day for every 4 years).

The slope of the sides of the pyramid is of such an angle that they meet at the apex at the predetermined height of 232.52 cubits. If twice the length of a side at the base, be divided by the height of the pyramid we arrive at the figures 3.14159, which when multiplied by the diameter of a circle, gives its circumference.

The perimeter of the base of the pyramid (365.242 x 4 = 14609.68) is exactly equal to the circumference [Figure 1 - click to open in a new window] of a circle whose diameter is twice the height of the pyramid (232.52 x 2 x 3.1416 = 14609.68). So here we have in these figures the solution to the problem of how to square a circle (See figure 1).

The angle of slope of the sides is 10 to 9. That is, for every 10 feet you ascend, you rise in altitude 9 feet. And if you multiply the altitude of the pyramid by 10 raised to the power of 9, you have 91,840,000, which in miles, is the exact distance of the sun from the earth!"

Patrick Heron.

www.nephilimapocalypse.com...

I read his book,didn`t agree with all of it,but there was some very interesting stuff about the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So are you saying that the pyramids couldn't have been built by humans as well? Just because they are complicated and a technological marvel, does not mean that humans could not have done that.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No they were not formed by E.T.'s.

From the writing of an actual Druid Initiate, and learned FreeMason and scholar; Godfrey Higgins:

www.kessinger.net...,%20Godfrey

"…In my Essay on The Celtic Druids, I have shewn, that a great nation called Celtæ, of whom the Druids were the priests, spread themselves almost over the whole earth, and are to be traced in their rude gigantic monuments from India to the extremities of Britain. Who these can have been but the early individuals of the black nation of whom we have been treating I know not, and in this opinion I am not singular. The learned Maurice says, "Cuthites, i. e. Celts, built the great temples in India and Britain, and excavated the caves of the former."*

And the learned Mathematician, Reuben Burrow, has no hesitation in pronouncing Stonehenge to be a temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha."

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join