It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Stopped?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I wish I could manage on 6 - 8 hours of sleep
I'm tired no matter how much sleep I get. I slept for 17 hours once... was still tired.

Anyway I don't remember my dreams at all unless it's a full moon. It's so pronounced that I can tell if it's a full moon just by my dreams.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yeah, everythings messed up. I'm out of school for the summer.

I've been feeling sick latley, not wanting to eat anything at normal times, and sleeping forever.

To fix that should I just go to sleep at like 11 or 12 nightly? (Sleep In)

You've gotten some great advice. Get on a regular schedule as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the harder it is to change it. Eat something when you get up even if you don't feel like it. A banana, or a nutrition bar, and take a multi-vitamin. Do some kind of exercise during the day, even if it's just going for a stroll. Drink water and try to lower caffeine (not because it necessarily keeps you awake at night, but because it is a chemical that definitely affects you especially if you're not eating.)

I didn't pay attention to any of this in college and when I started work I'd go out several times a week and just have a goofy schedule in general. This eventually wound up aggrevating insomnia and manic depression. Stuff catches up with you eventually.

Recently I got my schedule back on track and I remember my dreams more and they are back to their weird old selves again.

good luck.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sleep apnea can also cause loss of rem sleep or dreams. I was diagnosed with mild SA, and when it was corrected, it was like an explosion of dreams, I felt like I was dreaming all night. Do you snore very loudly or are you a big person ?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
sleep apnea can also cause loss of rem sleep or dreams. I was diagnosed with mild SA, and when it was corrected, it was like an explosion of dreams, I felt like I was dreaming all night. Do you snore very loudly or are you a big person ?

Nah...my grandpa downstairs does though

I don't snore at all, and i'm average for my age the doctor said at the physical.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts

Yeah, everythings messed up. I'm out of school for the summer.

I've been feeling sick latley, not wanting to eat anything at normal times, and sleeping forever.

To fix that should I just go to sleep at like 11 or 12 nightly? (Sleep In)

You've gotten some great advice. Get on a regular schedule as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the harder it is to change it. Eat something when you get up even if you don't feel like it. A banana, or a nutrition bar, and take a multi-vitamin. Do some kind of exercise during the day, even if it's just going for a stroll. Drink water and try to lower caffeine (not because it necessarily keeps you awake at night, but because it is a chemical that definitely affects you especially if you're not eating.)

I didn't pay attention to any of this in college and when I started work I'd go out several times a week and just have a goofy schedule in general. This eventually wound up aggrevating insomnia and manic depression. Stuff catches up with you eventually.

Recently I got my schedule back on track and I remember my dreams more and they are back to their weird old selves again.

good luck.

I've been eating a bit today...just had a huge salad

I've also rode my bike over 10 miles today in very high temps, drank tons of water then it started pouring, thundering and lightning. So I went home.

Tonight i'm planning on going to bed at 11 or 12

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Are you taking any medications? They might effect your dreams or your ability to remember them.

Have you had a head injury? Or the onset of some condition that might cause a sleep disorder?

Other wise, this 'problem' should just be temporary. Relax, try some 'creative' daydreaming before bedtime, or some meditation.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Tips to remember your dreams one, during the entire day check to see if your dreaming, do this without joking. Relax your entire body like you were going for an oobe than go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning wright down your dream. Your mind deletes them from your memory. I forget even wrighting them down so I check at lunch time. to see if I wrote something down. Also say to yourself that you want to remember your dream the whole day and when you go to sleep.

If you edit these they can be used to lucid dream or have an oobe. Thats were I get a lot of my methods

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
I'm tired no matter how much sleep I get. I slept for 17 hours once... was still tired.

You might be dehydrated. Stick to two cups of coffee a day max, and lots of water, real water, not just juice and stuff. Dehydration causes all kinds of bad things, being tired is one of them, especially after eating when your body draws water to digest, draining you of strength and mental energy in the process if you are not properly hydrated.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Originally posted by Faceless

You might be dehydrated. Stick to two cups of coffee a day max, and lots of water, real water, not just juice and stuff. Dehydration causes all kinds of bad things, being tired is one of them, especially after eating when your body draws water to digest, draining you of strength and mental energy in the process if you are not properly hydrated.

I think thats it

Thanks

/me goes and gets a huge glass of water

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join