It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Stopped?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I guess this is where all the dream stuff goes.

Ok, my dreaming has completly stopped...I just fall asleep, get up in the morning, continue on my day, sleep...etc.

I remember a few years ago I used to be an "intense" dreamer. I'm 15 so I was young. My grandma had gotten me paranoid of weather when I was younger, and I used to have dreams about tornado's and things and it was quite realistic. I would wake up screaming and crying. Now, I don't have ANY dreams.

Anyone know anything about this?

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Ken_Allen]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i dont dream either m8..i think its mainly down to being hammered by the time i goto sleep...in fact i cant sleep unless i am hammered

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but I think we only dream when we are in certain phases of sleep. I want to say when we are in REM.

I know I only remember dreams at certain times. Seems esp. when I was at say 4am and then go back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Maybe IRL has changed your sleep patterns. Maybe its part of the growing up process.
Maybe it has something to do with the innocence of youth: a 7 year old with not a care in the world

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sleeping habits will affect your Dreams. If you get by on 4 hours of sleep a night for example you will almost certainly not remember much of your Dreams.

But I will offer another possible explaination and you can decide if it might apply. There is a direct connection between self-awareness and Dreams. In Dreams we confront our fears, work on our problems, and accomplish a number of other things. If we wish to close our minds to such ideas, if our basic approach to our personal flaws is to ignore them, then Dreams become a problem.

So what I would ask Ken_Allen is do you study any form of spiritual/religious/mystical thinking? If you do not, you might want to consider it.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/4/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What's likely happening is that you're still dreaming, but you're no longer remembering your dreams.

This can happen for a number of reasons...but usually it's very simply because you don't wake up during REM sleep (when you do, you're 75% likely to remember your dreams - when you awaken after or before REM sleep, you're down to less than a 15% chance).

As someone said, our sleep patterns can change a lot - particularly as we shift from puberty to adulthood, and from adulthood into (for want of a better phrase) old age.

You might find these linkypoohs interesting

Sleep report 1

REM/dreaming study

Uni. of California Santa Cruz page

Further UCSC page on dreaming

(edit to fix linkage)

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It'll come back, trust me. Just give it some time and patience. It takes time to redevelop a fun happening time in ones dreams and it takes an even shorter time to take all of that fun happening time away. It'll also help if you go to bed and sleep more than 8 hours a night for no less than 2 nights. Beyond 9 hours of sleep, you'll reach REM, and if you can control your waking patterns, you'll be able to wake up and remeber your dreams.

There was a point in my life that I would have about 4 vividly meaningful dreams a night and still have room to dream some more. There were also times in my life that I seemed to stop dreaming altogether. It came back to me eventually, but not in as strong and as vivid as it was when I was younger. I struggle more and more now to remember my dreams then to simply have dreams. I am strongly aware about how dreams work, yet for some reason it seems as if my dream power/abilities are slowly vanishing as I age.
I just hope that by time I'm 50 years old I will still be able to have vivid (lucid) dreams at night, still be able to remember them, and still actually have fun with them.

As I say and it should be for ALL, "Don't go to bed to sleep, go to bed to dream."

[edit on 4-7-2005 by 2Super7E123]

[edit on 4-7-2005 by 2Super7E123]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Lol i know a way to dream...stay up for like 26 hours and start drifting to sleep but keep snapping out of it and soon you will start getting dilusional and halucinate and enter a dream state.(Dont do this im kidding)

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't sweat it. Remembering your dreams will come and go dozens of times throughout life.
Personally I like to wake up without any recollection of dreams, I must have woken up six times from the wacked dreams I had this morning. Too much caffeine, cold coffee is as wacked as crack!

Enjoy a peaceful deep sleep while it lasts.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How long do you normally sleep for? Because it normally takes 4-6 hours to enter REM sleep where the bulk of our most active dreams occur. We do dream at all stages of our sleep state, its just that the REM ones are much more vivid and therefore are remembered. I know when I was younger I was only getting about 4 hours of sleep a night, and very rarely remembered my dreams. I found that the longer that I slept the more likely I would remember what I had dreamed. In any case I hope you figure out why its stopped.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
REM sleep generally occurs 90 minutes after falling asleep, not several hours.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
dreaming doesnt stop you just arent remembering it. A tip I found that aint too good a tip for health but works is to stay up a good few hours than you normally would. The lack of sleep throws you into wild dreams.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know I dream during the night because I will randomly snap out of sleep or start talking to some non existing person and then wake up to find my self doing it. But, stranglely I never remember any of these dreams.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
For me if I eat chinese take out I am guaranteed a dream. And a very weird one at that.

Maybe it's the chemicals they use in their food.

Give it a try.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I remember like a 5 second dream last night. Probably because I was up for at least 24 hours, then went to sleep at 6am and woke up a 8:30pm.

I was chatting with this girl I like kind of "online" but i've met her twice & fell in love with her. I wanted to call her and was talking about it, but she said it was too late. So I had a dream where she called my cell and I picked up, she said something and uhh...thats all I remember.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I actually recall talking to a dragon then I woke up only find to find my dad staring at me, asking who in the hell I was talking to.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
I actually recall talking to a dragon then I woke up only find to find my dad staring at me, asking who in the hell I was talking to.

In the dream I was talking to her, but it wasn't her voice

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Was it one of those dreams where you're talking to a girl but she has a deep man voice?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Was it one of those dreams where you're talking to a girl but she has a deep man voice?

Nope, it was a girl, just not hers

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ken_Allen
robably because I was up for at least 24 hours, then went to sleep at 6am and woke up a 8:30pm.

Sounds like you may be bi-polar.
You need to get regular sleep, consistant, same time, all the time.
You mess up your sleep cycle, your eating cycle suffers, your mental awareness suffers,
you will go from highs to lows, and eventually be a basket case.

Get six to eight hours of sleep every night.
Four hours at night if you can afford to power nap in the afternoon for 15 minutes to an hour.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Originally posted by Ken_Allen
robably because I was up for at least 24 hours, then went to sleep at 6am and woke up a 8:30pm.

Sounds like you may be bi-polar.
You need to get regular sleep, consistant, same time, all the time.
You mess up your sleep cycle, your eating cycle suffers, your mental awareness suffers,
you will go from highs to lows, and eventually be a basket case.

Get six to eight hours of sleep every night.
Four hours at night if you can afford to power nap in the afternoon for 15 minutes to an hour.

Yeah, everythings messed up. I'm out of school for the summer.

I've been feeling sick latley, not wanting to eat anything at normal times, and sleeping forever.

To fix that should I just go to sleep at like 11 or 12 nightly? (Sleep In)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join