It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: Get ready for chip implants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't want to have an implant in my body. I'd wear an armband of some sort with the chip embedded inside, but I don't like knowing that I can be tracked anywhere I go. For military use I can definately see it, and possibly to track serious offenders once they're out of jail. I don't know about the brain implant though NoJustice. Cellphones are now being hacked, will the brain be next?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This would be good for the military, each soldier can have his medical information like his blood type and any other allergies on a chip implanted in his arm. If he got injured or wounded the medics would know exactly who he is and what his medical health information is.

Since arms and legs are often blown off by explosives and accidents, that is why Marines and soldiers get the 'meat tags'. They are usually on the torso somewhere. That way, there is a better chance of identification.

I knew a number of Marines who wore their "dog tags" on their boots, one for each. I wore mine around my neck or dangling from a belt loop, when I go tired of them getting in the way during fire missions.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
Personally, I wouldn't want to have an implant in my body. I'd wear an armband of some sort with the chip embedded inside, but I don't like knowing that I can be tracked anywhere I go. For military use I can definately see it, and possibly to track serious offenders once they're out of jail. I don't know about the brain implant though NoJustice. Cellphones are now being hacked, will the brain be next?

I agree, I wouldn't want it implanted. If implants became mandatory, I'd try to fight the system. I don't want to have OnStar following me everywhere I go. If they made some kind of armband though, they could put an LCD screen on and make it a mini-computer, which I'd like. Then, when you're going to bed or you're not using it you can take it off and charge it or whatever.

[edit on 7/7/05 by ShreddedIce]

[edit on 7/7/05 by ShreddedIce]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh but listen to the majority of the ones on this message board. Installing computer chips in your body can only be used for good. The Government told them they would use it to make the blind see and the deaf hear, and they would make you SMARTER. They would never use it for bad. Let me just get one stapled to my brain right away because I'm a sheep and I believe whatever I'm told.

Do you people realize what you're avocating? a freakin chip in your body? We've seemed to have survived thousands of years without one and now all the sudden it's neccessary? Have you ever tried thinking for yourselves? If Dan Rather tells you to wear pink underwear does that mean you do it? I would really have to question it, because many of you seem to follow everything else but your brain.

I mean that wouldn't be just one of those many stupid mistakes we all make every day "oops I locked my keys in my car" " "darn I never picked up milk" do you understand the consequences of being wrong in this situation? haha, I just have to laugh that this is even being considered.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
NoJustice, where did that anger come from? I've just read through this again, and NOT ONE person has said that they'll put the chip in their body (Zanzibar possibly, but he could also mean its use in the disabled). A few said that it may be good for the military to possibly track a wounded soldier, monitor vital signs etc, for the disabled, and for the criminals, but no one here has advocated it yet for the average citizen for purposes other than health. You're calling us all mindless sheep, but did you actually READ this thread yet??

[edit on 7-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
NoJustice, where did that anger come from? I've just read through this again, and NOT ONE person has said that they'll put the chip in their body (Zanzibar possibly, but he could also mean its use in the disabled). A few said that it may be good for the military to possibly track a wounded soldier, monitor vital signs etc, for the disabled, and for the criminals, but no one here has advocated it yet for the average citizen for purposes other than health. You're calling us all mindless sheep, but did you actually READ this thread yet??

[edit on 7-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

Maybe you should read my post again I wasn't talking to anyone in particular on this thread, just the ones on this board that I have seen say that they would, trust me there are many. Also the CNN Poll that 64% said they would. It wasn't directly meant at anyone on this thread just ranting that a person with a brain could possibly be accepting of such a thing.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I hope they're running some distro of linux

Not winblows micro edition

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't really think this qualifies as the mark of the beast. Though I am open to discussions on that topic I just interpreted it as a mark that would show loyalty to a cause/person/antichrist. Wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would not mind having a credit built into my hand or my medical history/ drivers licence and what ever else if I could turn it off. Just mentaly think ID chip off and it will not respond to out side influences. Also have it have several settings.

setting 1 - anon just says that some one is there.
setting 2 - gives name
setting 3 - credit card mode
setting 4 - drives licence
setting 5 - passport
setting 6 - medical
setting 7 - full access
setting 8 - off no power no transmissions of any kind

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnkhampton
I don't really think this qualifies as the mark of the beast. Though I am open to discussions on that topic I just interpreted it as a mark that would show loyalty to a cause/person/antichrist. Wouldn't it?

Why does it have to show loyalty? I mean it's supposed to be a really big deception, it's not like you'll be swallowing a pill with devil horns.

I just know there are some evil people out there (and some work for the Government) regardless mark of beast or no mark of beast how could you put that trust to have your body chipped? Just because technology has come along to make it possible does it mean we have to? I mean the planet has gotten along all these hundreds of thousands of years without it. That's a test if we all choose to take and fail then we are completely screwed. So maybe good, maybe bad, but either way not worth the risk.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
Although i feel that in time, humans will be recommended/made to take the chip, i can't piece together just how it would come about.
What good reason is there for all your data to be stored on a computer, and your body tracked every minute of the day? I am sure we will be given some absurd reason, i just can't think of what it might be.

Easy.

The same reason that just about everything has been/can be stored onto your cell phone (contacts, internet, photos, email, business, banking, etc)...

CONVENIENCE

I totally support the microchip for human implant; it will not have to be 'forced'.

It will be completely accepted, even requested, just as any other technology that creates convenience and makes our lives safer and easier.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why not skip the chip and just get the cancer injected straight - in that would be much more convenient

DOGS SUFFER CANCER AFTER ID CHIPPING
'I saw it growing every day, and I could see it taking his life'

Do implanted microchips cause cancer in dogs and cats?
That’s the question owners are asking after highly aggressive tumors developed around the microchip implants of two dogs, killing one and leaving the other terminally ill.

www.wnd.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Why not skip the chip and just get the cancer injected straight - in that would be much more convenient

DOGS SUFFER CANCER AFTER ID CHIPPING
'I saw it growing every day, and I could see it taking his life'

Do implanted microchips cause cancer in dogs and cats?
That’s the question owners are asking after highly aggressive tumors developed around the microchip implants of two dogs, killing one and leaving the other terminally ill.

www.wnd.com...

I am sure that when the FDA performs the necessary clinical trials, they will ensure that this procedure is done with low risk. I do not believe that this is done for profit, such as with the pharmaceutical industry, and the government is not looking to start this process, only to have people dying from it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

yes the FDA passed aspartame too

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is going to happen sadly but I will have to be the odd man out on this one. Getting chipped gives up to much control. They could influence your thoughts or eventually control your actions.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

ho-hum, errm

just search for Tryptophan (an amino acid), Prozac and FDA and you will be quite surprised. While you are at it rGBH is another subject you might want to look into if you believe the FDA cares much about health issues.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join