It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: Get ready for chip implants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
DOes he know it means the mark of the beast.The odd thing is that not even cnn mentions about the 666.
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
.The odd thing is that not even cnn mentions about the 666.
edition.cnn.com...

You will never hear a media outlet talk about 666 being the devil, hasnt it been changed to 616?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

SINGAPORE (AP) -- Technological advances will one day allow computers to be implanted in the human body and could help the blind see and the deaf hear, according to Bill Gates. But the Microsoft chairman says he's not ready to be hardwired.

This is good news for all of the unfortunate people who cannot use all of their senses.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As long as these advances are used for good, such as helping disabled people to see, hear or whatever, then i am all for it.
I just fear the day that every person is told that they need a chip for whatever reason, and we will be no more than marked property. Lets hope it does not happen, but i fear it, or something very similar, will.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I cant see this going to well with the Christain types (no offence intended) Even though this is going to help loads of people, theres still gonna be commotion.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You would be right because there's no way they're putting that thing in my body voluntarily. Regardless if it's the mark in the beast or not I am a human and I would like to stay one thanks. The computer chips should stay with the the computers.

Yeah there's a small chance they could mean it for good but you'd have to be a complete IDIOT to let someone do this to you. I don't care if you believe in god or not. Of course that hasn't stopped people from taking it already

Antoine Hazelaar has a chip on his shoulder - or rather just beneath the skin of his left arm. It's a piece of silicon the size of a grain of rice, and it emits wireless signals that are picked up by scanners nearby. Ever since the 34-year-old website producer had the chip implanted in his arm, he's enjoyed VIP status at Barcelona's Baja Beach Club. Instead of queuing up behind velvet ropes, Hazelaar allows the bouncer to scan his arm, and strolls right in. If he wants a drink, the bartender waves an electronic wand that deducts from the 100 Euro tab on Hazelaar's chip.

flatrock.org.nz...

Eight people will be injected with silicon chips, making them scannable just like a jar of peanut butter in the supermarket checkout line.

The miniature devices, about the size of a grain of rice, were developed by Florida company Applied Digital Solutions. They will be targeted to families of Alzheimer's patients - one of the fastest growing groups in American society - as well as others who have complicated medical histories.

"It's safety precaution," explained Nate Isaacson, 83, who has Alzheimer's. The retired building contractor will leave his Fort Lauderdale doctor's office Friday as a cyborg, a man who is also a little bit of a computer. The chip will be put in Isaacson's upper back, effectively invisible until a hand-held scanner is waved over it. The scanner uses a radio frequency to energise the dormant chip, which then transmits a signal containing an identification number. Information about Isaacson is cross-referenced under that number in a central computer registry. Emergency room personnel, for instance, could find out who Isaacson is and where he lives. They'd know that he is prone to forgetfulness, that has a pacemaker and is allergic to penicillin."

Of course nothing bad will happen to anyone who's installed them now, they're trying to make it seem as though they are great things, and cool because you can go to a club and just have it scanned and not have to carry cash. It's all apart of what they eventually want a cashless society where we all have these chips installed. Don't be fooled by the lies.

Would you have an electronic brain implant if it made you smarter?
Yes
64%

832 votes
No
36%

471 votes
Total: 1303 votes

This QuickVote is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate. The results cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of Internet users in general, nor the public as a whole. The QuickVote sponsor is not responsible for content, functionality or the opinions expressed therein.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As with any new technology, there is a chance for both good and bad outcomes of the chips. Personally, I would like to see some restrictive legislation passed that would inhibit forcing anyone to0 have the chips implanted. We just need to be aware of what is happenning with this technology and learn from it. There is no need for this 'THE SKY IS FALLING" attitude yet. YET. There may come a time for it, but not now. There is too much good to be had from these implants. A blind person seeing. A deaf person hearing. A Quadrapilegic walking and holding his own fork. This could be of great benifit to the human race if we use this tech properly. Of course the human track record leaves little to the imagination of what will probably happen. I still continue to hope that good can come out of this.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
As with any new technology, there is a chance for both good and bad outcomes of the chips. Personally, I would like to see some restrictive legislation passed that would inhibit forcing anyone to0 have the chips implanted.

Agreed, Kidfinger (I would've quoted the entire post, but it was a tad too long for me to do so
). I think it's premature to start panicking about Big Brother and the like, when this tech can be used to do so much good, too.

NoJustice, look at the implants we already have - some of these already have microchips.

Pacemakers.
Defibrillators.
Penile implants.
Replacement heart valves.
Various shunts and stents (example: hydracephalus shunt to drain fluid from the brain).

With one exception, these devices have saved thousands and thousands of lives*. To give an outright "no" to implants and/or computers helping out the human body seems blinkered; you're closing yourself off to many, many possible forms of potentially life-saving treatment. This of course is your prerogative, but by the same token, accepting said treatment doesn't mean the patient is stupid or misguided.

He's just looking for a better quality of life.

* - admittedly an attempt to lighten to tone - nobody ever died from not having a penile implant, let's face it

Edited because I cannot spell, and I am thus a bad person who probably needs a spelling microchip implanted

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I understand your point of view like I said there's a small chance it can be used for good, and nothing bad has happened to people that have had them installed, yet. But as far as I know they can never be removed, so you're trusting that nothing ever will happen, which you can't predict. There's a chance nothing would happen, but if something bad happened you would be screwed. To me it's not worth the risk as I think the whole thing is an excuse to control us.

But you're right on the same thought, I can't predict or prove anything bad would happen, I'm just going by my gut feeling on this one, and it isn't a good one. But just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried. I have friends that are atheists that believe that the "powers that be" are purposely trying to recreate the bible since so many believe in it, even though to them it doesn't mean anything. That's a very real possibility if there is no god if you think about it. Yet the way I could see it happening is the bible gets recreated under false pretenses, but it just ended up proving the bible right as it happened the way it said it would.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This would be good for the military, each soldier can have his medical information like his blood type and any other allergies on a chip implanted in his arm. If he got injured or wounded the medics would know exactly who he is and what his medical health information is.
This could also be used for identifying bodies, and if they can make one the same size but powerful enough to emit an encoded signal to let commanders know here every soldier is on the battle field. If they are captures or something happens to them the military also knows exactly where they are.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My guess is they will start with sex offenders and the old people, just as a means of keeping track of them. As the tech grows and becomes easier to use it will hit the military and law enforcement communities. before it's over the newborn children will be receiving chips along with their shots, and the generation that follows will have every last person chipped.

Our generation will probably be close to the last generation that gets by without being tagged. A chip for all is coming, and theres really not much we can do to stop it.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Only a desperate person would allow currently crude technologies to be implanted in them, but i empathize with the desperate.

Right now they are putting standard electronics inside a human body, which seems to be is too subject to irritation and potentially infection.

When organic chemistry nanotech gets much more advanced, you might come up with a technology a non-desperate person might actually want to have implanted,

But with the contempt i hold most profit gouging commerical enterprises I still wouldn't trust them. Some of these people would eat their own mother alive just get another dollar.

Would you let hundreds or thousands of people die using a popular medication just so you could make unimpeded profits?

Been there Done that. And with a wink and a nod from the FDA.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Gates also said that he will not accept implants.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Although i feel that in time, humans will be recommended/made to take the chip, i can't piece together just how it would come about.
What good reason is there for all your data to be stored on a computer, and your body tracked every minute of the day? I am sure we will be given some absurd reason, i just can't think of what it might be.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
What good reason is there for all your data to be stored on a computer, and your body tracked every minute of the day? I am sure we will be given some absurd reason, i just can't think of what it might be.

When the chips are installed they will not be for the purpose of tracking you, although they can be used in that regard. The purpose will be something along the lines of medical. If you're injured they instantly have all your data. The chip could even be used to warn of medical problems, if your having a heart attack it could call 911 for you or you go into insulin shock, it could summon help.

The chip implant could be used for many, many good reasons. It can also be used for many, many bad ones.

How it's used is up to who ever controls the information coming from them.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The chip implant could be used for many, many good reasons. It can also be used for many, many bad ones.

How it's used is up to who ever controls the information coming from them.

Wupy

Yeah, thats the bit that worries me. Who controls them.
No doubt there could be advantages to having them, but to me, its almost wimping out of being human. Bad things can and will happen to you, a chip can help you in some cases, but in many ways it could harm you.
For the sake of human dignity, i hope people flat out refuse this thing, unless it is absolutely proven to be for the good of some people only.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice

Antoine Hazelaar has a chip on his shoulder - or rather just beneath the skin of his left arm. It's a piece of silicon the size of a grain of rice, and it emits wireless signals that are picked up by scanners nearby. Ever since the 34-year-old website producer had the chip implanted in his arm, he's enjoyed VIP status at Barcelona's Baja Beach Club. Instead of queuing up behind velvet ropes, Hazelaar allows the bouncer to scan his arm, and strolls right in. If he wants a drink, the bartender waves an electronic wand that deducts from the 100 Euro tab on Hazelaar's chip.

What the hell is wrong with a debit card? I can see the advantage of having chips to help with medical conditions and whatnot, but when I get too lazy to pull out my wallet to produce ID and pay for a drink, stick a fork in me, I'll be done.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

What the hell is wrong with a debit card? I can see the advantage of having chips to help with medical conditions and whatnot, but when I get too lazy to pull out my wallet to produce ID and pay for a drink, stick a fork in me, I'll be done.

Good on Grady

Id have to agree. This is the epitomy of lazyness.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
DOes he know it means the mark of the beast.The odd thing is that not even cnn mentions about the 666.

Um, what? What does 666 have to do with this artical?

Or is this an slant without merit?

Misfit

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This would be good for the military, each soldier can have his medical information like his blood type and any other allergies on a chip implanted in his arm. If he got injured or wounded the medics would know exactly who he is and what his medical health information is.

Since arms and legs are often blown off by explosives and accidents, that is why Marines and soldiers get the 'meat tags'. They are usually on the torso somewhere. That way, there is a better chance of identification. A similar RFID tag would also never be placed on limbs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join