It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abhay IFV from India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
if your trying to talk about bad points of china i can guarantee that i will find heaps more on india

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003

so your time also come.

whats that ment to mean. i think all the other indians know that i live in australia....

jesus learn some english

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
chinawhite its not cool to attack someone's english when its not his native language.

And after further reserach i found that the Chinese' IFV's turret is from the BMP-3M(latest upgraded version) and not the BMP-3.

China might even end up buying the BMP-3 M too. (they alredy have a few of them)
And here is more :

It is almost certain that the new Chinese IFV will be based on Russian technology. China has reportedly obtained some BMP-3 IFVs from Russia in the 1990s for trial and evaluation purposes. A technology transfer deal of BMP-3's weapon system has also been reportedly completed.

link

Here's Kanwa on it :

A source from the Chinese military industry confirms that China is designing 2G IFV with the upgraded version BMP3 turret technologies. The progress of the project has been slow, as there are still disputes and disagreement within the Chinese army concerning the future direction of 2G IFV. Besides, the 2G IFV upgraded from BMP3 technology is extremely expensive and therefore cannot be deployed in the army in large scale. The source claims China has conducted tests on two upgraded models of 2G IFV. The latest version adopts the upgraded version BMP3 turret.

The chassis of 2G IFV is designed by China, and the reliability of the chassis is still one of the major problems.The source stresses the major reason of importing BMP3 fire control system is to further study the designing principles of MBT gun launched laser guided ATM.

The Russian source further confirmed that according to the agreement signed in 1999 concerning the transfer of MBP3 IFV fire control system, China has already obtained latest BMP3M turrets, though the fire control system is still the earlier version.

link

The PLA was reported to have acquired a small number of the BMP-3 in 1997 for trial and evaluation. The PLA also purchased the fire control and associated missile laser guidance system technology on the BMP-3 from Russia to be used on its own IFV design.

link

Since there appears to be Russian consent for the IFV's taking FCS & other technology and turret from the BMP-3, it would be wrong to call it a copy, but its roots are undenyable.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
stealthspy your articles dont mention that the chinese IFV will use a BMP-3 turrnet...only mentions some technology transfer.

and i wouldn't quote from Kanwa that site is very unreliable puts speulation as the real thing. he runs the site with the help of his wife in canada.

and from your own article.
The source stresses the major reason of importing BMP3 fire control system is to further study the designing principles of MBT gun launched laser guided ATM.

If you want to disscuse off-topic things U2U me. i am not a attention seeker i can have just talk on a one-to-one basis without interfering with other peoples conversations

[edit on 5-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh come on.. Kanwa, sinodefence and others all mention that it will use the upgraded BMP-3's turret. Read them for yourself.

And sure they will study the FCS, but it will also be incorporated in the IFV

And how do you know that about Kanwa.

And i dont see this as any off topic personal attack or flame beating.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
sinodefence.

From the photo it can be seen that the next-generation Chinese IFV features a turret similar to those on the modified BMP-3

kanwa

The latest version adopts the upgraded version BMP3 turret.

it seems that their are different versions. and your article was 2003 so i presume that there is a different one now

kanwa is a old site and is well know t make up or exaggerate claims based on the day of the week. i think it was there site the wrote the article about china attacking taiwan in 2 years?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

China also is considering upgrading older Type 69 main battle tanks
with new fire-control systems, engines, turrets, and explosive reactive armor and designing a next-generation infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) incorporating the upgraded version of Russian BMP-3 turret technologies (including the fire-control system).

chinese link

China revealed a new tracked Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) that featured the gun and missile launching turret from the Russian BMP-3. It is a novel amphibious design which employs the combined 100mm and 30mm cannon turret of the Russian BMP-3 APC. Norinco says this new vehicle is now in production for the PLA, and that it will also co-produce the Russian BMP-3 turret.

link

According to an article published in Hong Kong "Wide Angle Lens" last year, BMP-3 turret was imported to be mounted on new generation Chinese IFV that would use existing Chinese chassis.

chinese link

link

another linklink

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

link

the first 2 are forum post.. and this is from kanwa

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
try to keep your reply of one post to one reply do not try to give reply in many post to increase your point.

Bmp is base of chines IFV.

Fearing of shock treatment

that why you relocat himself to Australia

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
lol funny joke.....

australia is a multi-cultural society it doesn't belong to any nationality

the turrnet of the New chinese IFV is based on BMP-3 technology.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Fearing of shock treatment

that why you relocat himself to Australia

am i missing the point of this "joke"?

you seem to be trying to make fun of where i live?. if you ask anyone where they would want to live australia would be on top.. 20million to share this great land down under. many opportunity's and easy money....

also many indians live here to

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

the first 2 are forum post.. and this is from kanwa

No that not true at all.

This is not a forum and says :

China revealed a new tracked Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) that featured the gun and missile launching turret from the Russian BMP-3. It is a novel amphibious design which employs the combined 100mm and 30mm cannon turret of the Russian BMP-3 APC. Norinco says this new vehicle is now in production for the PLA, and that it will also co-produce the Russian BMP-3 turret.

And this is no forum and reads the same thing.

The other one is china-defence forum and posted by the admin with 42 thousand + posts !

Chinawhite, this time the turret is not based on anythng, but the turret (& the gun) is lifted right out of the BMP-3 M (dont confuse the BMP-3 M's box type of turret with the BMP-3's circular one).

China is co-producing these turrets with Russian consent.

Its FCS, weapons systems, 100mm gun, 30mm cannon, turret is right out of the BMP-3 M. Only its chassis is Chinese.However its been done with Russian consent and there's nothing wrong in that.

But its predecessor (type 86) is an outright and illegal copy of the BMP-1

The Type 86, also known as WZ501, is a Chinese copy of the the Russian BMP-1 infantry fighting vehicle (IFV). China obtained several BMP-1s from the Middle East in the 1980s, and these vehicles were used as patterns for reverse engineering, which was known as Project WZ501. Later in 1986 the project received its approval certificate and the vehicle was officially named as Type 86.

www.sinodefence.com...

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
let me tell you that the BMP-3M has a round turrnet. the BMP-3 is for airborne troops.

look at the picture i posted of the BMP-3. thats what a BMP-3M is

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
let me tell you that the BMP-3M has a round turrnet. the BMP-3 is for airborne troops.

look at the picture i posted of the BMP-3. thats what a BMP-3M is

well read the links that i have posted.

and china apparently has another new IFV lined up as well :

It is alredy in service and was probably developed from the BMD-3.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the transfer happened all the way back in 1992.. i thnk your article even says that.. the New chiense IFV is just developed/in development.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
look like to poorly protected IFV

another copy product

and i soon going to revive
chines thread about copying

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

look like to poorly protected IFV

you cant make a good armoured air tansportable IFV.

another copy product

the turrnet and hull or anything else doesn't look like it was taken from the BMD-3

BMD-1

and i soon going to revive
chines thread about copying

you revive it and you'll most probaly get banned.

did you notice how me and stealth stopped those ones

[edit on 6-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.china-defense.com...

here is a pic of a newer one in a military drill/exercise

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well it appaers that its based on the BMD-3

In the late 1990s reports out of Hong Kong media noted that since 1995 the PLA airborne force had been equipped with a paratroops combat vehicle, which ‘used to be exclusively owned by the Russian paratroops’. The vehicle was said to weight about 12 tonnes and uses large calibre gun and anti-tank missiles. Other reports also indicated that an unknown number of the Russian-made BMD-3 airborne combat vehicle was sold to China in the mid-1990s.

In late 2004 a new model of airborne combat vehicle was spotted in service with the PLA airborne force. The vehicle, which is possibily developed from the BMD-3, was seen in action during the PLA airborne force’s exercise.

Like the BMD-3, the vehicle also uses five pair of roadwheels.

In the BMD-3/new airborne combat vehicle the PLA airborne force
obtained significant increase in combat capability by providing the light infantry paratroopers with a respectable light-weight armoured fighting vehicle.

www.sinodefence.com...

The Russian BMD-3 :

The Chinese IFV :

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
An early BMD-3 prototype :

BMD-3 M upgraded :

another :

[edit on 7-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>