It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO satellite has been lost??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Just after the safeguard program started all contact with SOHO was lost. Since then, despite using the worlds largest radio-telescopes to look for it, no contact with SOHO has been obtained.

Having to rely on a faulty gyroscope SOHO went into a spin. Its solar panels pointed away from the sun and it lost power.

Currently the spacecraft may be spinning out of control. Hopes are dim that SOHO can be rescued.

Any more news on this? I just found it then on the BBC website and it says it's from June 25th.
Maybe a UFO attacked it?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
strange - i never heard soho had problems and its website shows it as still transmitting pictures & data - sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maybe these types of websites were getting to hot for SOHO, it had to be decomissioned?

soho.no.sapo.pt...

Either that or the UFOs were taking pot shots like people do with street signs?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
news.bbc.co.uk...

Currently the spacecraft may be spinning out of control. Hopes are dim that SOHO can be rescued.

Any more news on this? I just found it then on the BBC website and it says it's from June 25th.
Maybe a UFO attacked it?

June 25th.... 1998.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

June 25th.... 1998.

Ah, o_o!!
I never noticed that! I feel so stupid now.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

soho.no.sapo.pt...

Well to continue the conversation, what are all these then?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Obviously they are motherships of some star visitors or another

Personally I think they are cool.
*waves*

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

soho.no.sapo.pt...

Well to continue the conversation, what are all these then?

There's scads of FAQs about these, all saying the same thing: "no, it's not a spaceship. It's "hot pixels" produced when cosmic rays hit SOHO's camera.

In fact, SOHO has a page on how people turn ordinary hot pixels into "spaceships" by the way they enhance them:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

We probably need a FAQ on them. But no, it's just image artifacts... they don't move and there's actually nothing there.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
>Well to continue the conversation, what are all these then?

A few of the images are fascinating...but at the same time, doesn't it strike anyone as odd that so many of them occur at exactly 90 degree angles to the image? Sort of gives credibility to the "imaging artifact" theory.

A goodly portion of the rest look to me like they're simply coronal mass ejections. Pictures of people sneezing look fairly odd too, but there's nothing mystical about it.

Some of straight-lined-streakish images may be of objects traveling faster than the shutter speed of the camera is capable of capturing accurately.

As for the rest...your guess is as good as mine: comet/asteroid friction against the solar wind, alien/secret government craft, extradimensional leakage due to extreme gravitational and eletcrical conditions near the sun...could be anything.

Maybe it would be helpful to look at some pictures of "known" phenomenon to compare to.

top topics

join