It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too deprive the U.S. of oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The U.S. uses more oil than any other country in the world. To take out most of its oil supply you would have to stop it from being imported for the middle east but to do that would be hard because to find onother buyer for the middle east that takes that quantity of oil would be difficult and probably never happen. If the USes oil was deprived then the middle east would go into a depression? but would the US go into a depression?
Eventually the US would start using hydrogen because they would be desperate but how would they heat their homes? anyway maybe to solve the middle eastes econmical troubles if they decided to do that would be a modified form of communism or healthy mix of communism and democracy? Would the U.S. go to war for oil and the US is already importing oil from Iraq they said so on CNN when a pipe was destroyed sending prices up.

Are there any countries using hydrogen now?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
healthyhitter, I have no idea what it is you are trying to get at here. But I will bravely try to answer your last question. No. No country currently uses hydrogen as it's sole source of power. Not even close.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
nvm then delete this message

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We buy most of our oil from Canada, I believe.

In reference to hydrogen, you will find an article that discusses hydrogen cars and how far off they are, in this forum.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
We buy most of our oil from Canada, I believe.

I believe that to be true.

Oil imports to the united states.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
MY oringinal thing was tos see what would be the american reaction to having oil withdrawn from them and if they would you spro(there oil reserves and go to war claiming territory and taking back oil importants) since the US is so powerful or i would think maybe they would adapt and use new technoligies for energies.

thats was my oriiginal thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth
No country currently uses hydrogen as it's sole source of power.

That's true, for now.

To answer your question healthyhitter, yes there are countries using hydrogen.

The most advanced hydrogen economy right now is that of Iceland who's people and government have committed to a plan to be hydrocarbon free by 2050. Check out this wikipedia page explaining the hydrogen economy and scroll down to examples. Plug in the key words, Iceland hydrogen economy into your favourite search engine for much more.

While the rest of us are trying to cope with resource wars, self-sufficient communities like Iceland (except for that little volcano problem) will be humming along nicely.

As for the US (and Canada for that matter), I'm not sure what would wake us up to the need for a real plan to wean ourselves off oil. I think the short sighted plan of the people who run the US is quite clear.

[edit on 7/9/2005 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
As for the US (and Canada for that matter), I'm not sure what would wake us up to the need for a real plan to wean ourselves off oil. I think the short sighted plan of the people who run the US is quite clear.

The us gov't doesn't run the people, the people voluntarily choose to switch to hydrogen run cars or not. I want to, thoughi dont know much about them and it's a damn shame that the private sector isn't taking the lead in helping to bring this option to our attention as needed...

any country where people use cars to get to their jobs need to be awakened.

And I strongly believe it is the private sector who is going to do that, but it's a matter of when...
hope they start jumping on it soon...

it's not like jobs will be lost once the oil companies lose money to this.
new jobs will created, and the alternative energy industry will be cleaner and emit less toxins, and they would recieve attractive caps and incentives.

i see no problem w/ this... why county leaders do, is puzzling.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by tbare]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I thought hydrogen is a storage unit and not in fact a source. i.e. You can create energy and store it in hydrogen but hydrogen itself doesn't have any energy

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by healthyhitter
maybe to solve the middle eastes econmical troubles if they decided to do that would be a modified form of communism or healthy mix of communism and democracy?

There is no such thing as a 'healthy' mix of communism and _____ (fill in
the blank). Communism sucks the life out of people. It's gray and dismal.
Healthy and Communism don't go together.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
But if a coutry needed to develop a communist style government for a while would help it till it got back on its fit. but i do ackknowelge that the present day of communism is not great you can take ideas from it to help the population. You have to admit that some communist ideals could help get a country on its feet. chinas population cannot all be imployed but with communist ideals it has created jobs and now china is a secound world country and in its own right a growing superpower.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by healthyhitter
chinas population cannot all be imployed but with communist ideals it has created jobs and now china is a secound world country and in its own right a growing superpower.

Yeah but they only got that way after dropping the strict communist economic policies and introducing capitalism to the work force. Deomocracy is a long steep climb to the top of a mountain, communism is an express elevator to poverty and ruin.

Like FlyersFan said: "Healthy and Communism don't go together".

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

. Deomocracy is a long steep climb to the top of a mountain, communism is an express elevator to poverty and ruin.

if you just take basic ideas from it and use it to help a country to get back on its feet then thats ok but russia really screwed up they didnt even need it. China is doing better it seems but i dont know if they have any intientions of becoming a democracy. With there population i dont think so.

new topics

top topics

join