It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology To The ATS UFO Supporters.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I came into the ATS community with blinders on and made several posts that invalidated the opinions of some members in the "Aliens & UFOs" area of ATS.

I still stand by most of what I have written in the different threads but I find myself with a change in my thinking. I always looked at this subject with much scepticism and tended to lean towards doubt. And quite frankly, felt that most of you were a bit nuts.

I've done a lot of reading on the subject and watched a few shows on Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel:

PROGRAM DETAILS
TITLE: UFOs Uncovered
CATEGORY: Series
SYNOPSIS: Dark Secrets: Pilots report UFOs; NORAD UFO studies; Area 51.
AIRING:
Sun 7/03/2005 9:00 PM 34(TLC)
Mon 7/04/2005 1:00 AM 34(TLC)
DURATION: 1 hr.
I saw a couple episodes of this.

And many of the threads here have provided some of the most amazing information with links that really add to the validity of the topic.

So in the future, my first thoughts won't be denial and looking to disprove what the poster is saying (I don't always write it, but I think it) I'll take a more positive outlook and still be looking for the truth. Because in my heart, I do believe.
I just don't know how much to believe........................................

Anyone with a link to suggested good reading or convincing video, toss it my way under this post or fire off a u2u.
I may not be a total convert, but I find this topic to be well researched by informative people with good intentions. To find out the truth of this matter......

This topic will always attract the nuts, naysayers and fiction writers passing off their stories as fact, but it's usually not hard to spot these people when compaired to the quality of research that goes into many of the members posts.

You've opened my eyes somewhat, thank-you for that.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey, thanks! For those of us who have personally seen things that can't be explained - and we don't know what they are either! - open-mindedness is all we ask.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Welcome to our club I guess

I was never skeptic of Alien life, just skeptic of Alien visitors to Earth. That changed for me after coming to ATS.

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
This topic will always attract the nuts, naysayers and fiction writers passing off their stories as fact, but it's usually not hard to spot these people when compaired to the quality of research that goes into many of the members posts.

Don't forget the disinformation agents. Where ever there is a cover up there is the spread of disinfo to confuse the matter.
Most of the time the agent of disinfo will pose as a nutter just to discredit the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Anyone with a link to suggested good reading or convincing video, toss it my way...

We were talking about good evidence on another thread earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO, the cases that have stood the test of time are the best, like in the Classics thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And check out the Disclosure Project for credible witnesses.

And if that's not enough, try UFOevidence.org

BTW, Umbrax where have you been? We've missed you.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I did see a strange object in the sky over Edmonton Alberta one night with two other witnesses, and have also had a strange experience with missing time that bothers me even now, 6 years later.
I'll try to relate them with some detail and see what members think:

Missing Time

I used to drive a delivery route in Ontario, Canada and had been doing this particular route in a 5 ton truck every Thursday for about 8 years, so I was very familiar with the area.
This particular fall day I left Hamilton at about 7:30 AM and had morning deliveries in the London area and drove out to St. Marys arriving just after noon. I made a drop in St. Marys and grabbed a coffee and croissant at the Tim Hortons on my way out of town. My next stop was Stratford about 20 minutes later and then I picked up the #7 highway to go to Kitchener because my next stop was the other side in a place called Breslau.

I don't remember anything after leaving Stratford and about 4-5 hours later I woke up sitting in the cab of my truck very neatly parked between two motorhomes in the back of an RV sales lot. I had no idea where I was and felt very disoriented. When I drove out of the lot I soon found out I was back in London and over 100 miles from where I was supposed to be.

I will swear that I had not had any alcohol or taken any drugs or meds.
I have never had any other type of black-out, and I don't remember being tired at all that day. In fact I was making good time and looking forward to getting home a little early.

I have no idea what happened in that lost time but for the next few days the muscles in my upper back and shoulders hurt and the pain extended into the base of my neck. The only other thing was a dull pain in the front of both of my thighs.

There were no marks or bruises on my body, I just ached in those areas.

Also I always did a circle check on my truck every day and there was no damage to the vehicle. (I would notice even a small scratch)

I think you can see why I found this so strange.

I have a UFO sighting I want to relate but it's almost 3:00 AM here so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

open-mindedness is all we ask

Really the jist of it right there....

There are still nutjobs and whackos out there....so don't believe everything. Personally, I view most things from a skeptical viewpoint at first, and then logic test after logic test, to try and separate the wheat from the chaff. In doing so, I've often found myself re-evaluating cases and coming to a different conclusion after actually researching myself. A good example is the Mantell case. For years, I assumed it was pretty solid, but when actually researching it, the skyhook balloon theory fit every criteria, and was a more logical answer.

Still though, there are cases which then seem amazing, such as Roswell or Rendlesham... The amount of evidence pointing to a coverup, refuting the military's version of events, and pointing to an extra-terrestrial craft recovery in Roswell, are staggering....

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, it takes a lot of character and a certain kind of mentality to come back and admit some mistakes. You're truly a better person for that.

I would also suggest that you get the Disclosure book off of the Disclosure Project website. Its about 600 pages and its filled with awesome information and credible witnesses.

Enjoy your stay here on the ATS forum.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

So in the future, my first thoughts won't be denial and looking to disprove what the poster is saying (I don't always write it, but I think it) I'll take a more positive outlook and still be looking for the truth. Because in my heart, I do believe.
I just don't know how much to believe........................................

Actually, in line with what Gazrok posted, sometimes trying to disprove a story can actually be a good thing (if it's done diplomatically and logically.) If someone has a story they're posting, try and debunk it if you can. Don't be one of those people who just say "Nah, it's a balloon" for your response, but state why you think it is. If you can make a logical argument that disproves a story, then great--that's one less case that needs to be studied.

At the same time, don't think it's made up just because it's far-fetched. There's a lot out there--not even just in UFOlogy--that no one can really explain logically. Along these lines, the best advice I can offer you is the cliche "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

As _Anubis_ said, it's a big person who can admit when they've done something they aren't proud of. Although I can't remember any of the posts you're refering to, you have my respect for that, and I for one look forward to whatever you may post in this regard in the future.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Welcome to our club I guess

lol ya welcome to the club

my first suggestion would be to read Gazroks "Classics" threads

they are very well researched and they ask hard questions
its really a fun read, not boring at all

when it comes to aliens and ufos; the best thing to do is walk in skeptical; and after enough evidence or logic is shown; than it would be ok to become a believer

i was skeptical until i saw a flying saucer pass over my house
i find it hard to be skeptical now after that event hehe

the reason it is so important to try and disprove every story is because when we try to disprove it over and over; we will eventually either A)Disprove it, or B) Begin to Prove it

and by the way; if u really want to read some crazy stuff
*I dont know if its true or not but dang *

Try reading the book "The Day After Roswell"
im on chapter 7 i think right now

i dont know if i should believe it or not,
even tho its writtin by a high ranking officer from the pentagon
but the book is just amazing
not one boring sentance in it

its worth a look wether or not its real or fake

and check out Stanton Friedmans books; especially "TopSecretMajic" i read that one a few months ago its Really Funny and i highly recommend it

the first chapter of mr Friedmans book is called
"Whats a Nice Nuclear Physicist Doing In a Place Like This?"
LoL

hilarious

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Also a good read: "Crash At Corona" by Stanton Friedman

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In case you missed them...

3 Videos

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

--------------------------------------

50+ UFO Videos

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I to was a skeptic until I had an "experience". Welcome!

"The Mysterious Valley" by Chris OBrian opened my eyes to our local high strangeness.

I still remain skepitical of the outlandish claims. You can almost tell when people are just exercising their imagination or spreading disinfo.

new topics

top topics

join