It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Para-Normal ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey People,

I have looked at paranormal activities off and on and never really focused on any certain type of activity. But I have noticed a trend in research especially lately and wondered if anyone could comment on a few questions.

Is paranormal activity more likely to happen in a home or building where there has been occultic activity in the past ? Such as a new owner of a home where the previous owner tampered in the occult ? And whether the new owner believes in the occult or not ?

Could it be the same with regions ? Example: There are regions where there has been pagon rituals such as human sacrifice from an ancient civilation and now in that same area thousands of years later there is ufo and other activity ? This is an extreme example but there are many others at a lower scale in a town, region, corner, park, buildings etc........

The next question would then be on an individual level- Is paranormal activity more prevelant around people who are subject to believe or want to believe in the paranormal ? Or the occult ?

If possible give an example that would be relative to the questions. It makes it a lot more fun !

I have many more questions but this is a good start.

Hope to hear from you soon. I will be waiting !

Truth

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere
Hey People,

Is paranormal activity more likely to happen in a home or building where there has been occultic activity in the past ? Such as a new owner of a home where the previous owner tampered in the occult ? And whether the new owner believes in the occult or not ?

NO

Could it be the same with regions ? Example: There are regions where there has been pagon rituals such as human sacrifice from an ancient civilation and now in that same area thousands of years later there is ufo and other activity ? This is an extreme example but there are many others at a lower scale in a town, region, corner, park, buildings etc........

NO and somewhat maybe. Traumatic experiences, generate energy, this energy might persist over time, and be perceived by people. The "UFO" phenomenon may have existed in certain areas at the time of these sacrifices, and the sacrifices may have been the primitive man's way of dealing with what he saw. He didn't have video camera's and the internet to say "holy crap look I video'd a UFO!", instead they incorporated the phenomenon into their religion, and generally used it to control the masses with fear: "Do as I say or the lights in the sky will smite thee!" If only the peasants new it was ball lightning...that liar would have been scalped!

The next question would then be on an individual level- Is paranormal activity more prevelant around people who are subject to believe or want to believe in the paranormal ? Or the occult ?

yes those people who want so badly to believe that they are psychic sensitive will often produce their own delusions and sometimes spread the phenomenon to other willing participants.
When I have refused to believe a house was haunted, nothing haunting happened.
People who want to believe will associate mice in their kitchen with ghosts and get themselves
all worked up over non existant spiritual entities, when all they need is some D-CON.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So what you are trying to say is that in your opinion you believe that the paranormal is a mental connection instead of a unforseen force, correct ?

So this means that there is still a division between thoughts on theory that have to do with the paranormal.

One is a mental capacity in understanding of a science if you will to the paranormal and the other would have to be a belief in the spiritual realm.

Example- A book suddenly being picked up off of a table by an unforseen force and being thrown across the room into a wall.

How would we explain something like this if we didin't know anything about the background of the people living in the house now and previously ? Or the history of the property. What would be the assumptions ?

Could it be an evil spirit causing this ?
Could it be a ghost of the past trying to get someones attention ?
Could it be negative energy from the people in the room ?

Any takers on these questions

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A skeptic might say the book was connected to a length of string, which was then held in the hand of an antagonist. I scientist might add his own take on it and say the window was open and a great big gust of wind threw it across the room

There could also be ley lines........because it can't really be explained by "scientists' and the "if they can see it and touch it then it's real" people.

LOL, would anyone ask the book?

-QM.

PS - it's all normal, if it's been observed and there's no logical explaination for it, it gets lumped into a psuedo-science until an 'expert' at whatever finds proof to back up his explaination.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

NO. however you might experience a stronger force of activity in such an area. if an individual did the occult and didn't clean the house properly you'll find left behind entities and certain types of energy. but no it's not house specific and such.

NO. like before you might experience it more frequently. if there are a lot of rituals i can tell you in advance that there are several sad spirits of the sacrificed hanging around. people who didn't find peace and wander around. but you can come across those anywhere else as well in a lower frequency.

yes and no.

paranormal phenomena happen to people in general. people who are close minded but are still sensitive to it will be able to detect and "see" ghostly figures. just because their mind doesn't beliefs doesn't mean their body and senses agree. however these people are very skeptic and thus they dispatch the ghost as a breeze or it was a shadow.

people who are openminded to the idea will automatically hone their skills and become more perceptive. however some go overboard and then call everything paranormal.

with both types of people it's difficult to find a proper balance. you need to be both skeptic and openminded at the same time. which isn't easy.

I personally seen many ghostly figures and these were recorded on video/camera's as an orb by people who were with me at that time. but i'll share this minor thing when i was coming home alone.

It was dark and i drove my bicycle home. in front of the house i stopped and saw blue light coming from my mothers room. i thought "oh she's playing with her lights again". then i saw a female shadow walk past the window and i of course thought i was her.

when i came inside the house through the backdoor into the living room i saw my mother and father sitting on the couch and i asked : "weren't you upstairs 2 minutes ago?" to which she replied that she had been downstairs with my father for the past hour or so.

thing is...i live between an old cemetary and crematorium. so i get visitors a lot which i have to pass on because they couldn't do it themselves. vast majority of them are quite nice, like regular people.

last time when i did a ritual i passed on 63 souls. i was exhausted afterwards. but hey it's the right thing to do. imagine them wandering this earth till someone else does it...i'd feel sad for them

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Seems to be an on-going subject lately here on this board, i recently found an interview from the old Art Bell show where he interviews Dr.Courtney Brown. In this interview he talks about Remote Viewing, but more importantly he goes on to discuss how people percieve paranormal happenings in a scientific manner, and how our brain inturprets these signals. Granted some of the things he talks about are kind of....fantastic and hard to imagine.
but i think if you read a little it might give you some insight.

P.S it a long interview but skip through it and pick out the paranormal parts on interest.
Parker

Art Bell Interview Paranormal

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So then it would be safe to say that there are paranormal activities that just happen for no apparent reason, correct ?

But there could be a possible connection to the spiritual correct ?

Or are there paranormal things that just happen AND there is also a spiritual realm where spirits can cauae paranormal activity.

Same Example: Book flies across room for no reason ?

Another words, It could possibly be a ghost or entity moving the book. Or could it be a demon ?

I know that there are different views on this and I guess it would make a difference if you are a spiritual person or not.

The question would then be: Do you believe that ghosts are demons ? Or are they compeltely different but, travel the same way through their dimension ?

This last question should open a discussion ? Maybe ? will see

See ya around

Truth,

new topics

top topics

join