It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could some one explain this to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i have been listening to my pastor at church and when he was talking about
satan being evil and how he was going to be destroyed by god. that got me thinking, if god indeed destroys satan and evil than how will god exist,
there has to be a balance, if there would be no evil than how would we know what good is. unless god is the balance of good and evil and satan is the evil side of god. but no christian pastor will admit that god could be evil.
- and why did god even create evil, why would he want people to suffer?
can any one add something to this?
thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
God and Satan are one and the same.
Which is god and which is satan depends on which side you are on.
When you say God will destroy evil it is referring to the god of the Romans eliminating the God of the Jews. And vica versa.
God allows us to suffer because he hates us. He hates Man because Cain killed Abel. Abel was the Lamb of god slain at the founding of the world.
Man is in a death state because He has not expressed remorse for the fact that man killed a son of God.
So God is holding that vendetta against Man until Man replaces Abel with an exact match of Abel.
Thgat is what Augustus caesar was trying to do with his son Jesus. But the plan failed because Jesus could not have been an exacxt match of Abel.
An exact match would have to be a human male born from a virgin. That is impossible.
Jesus was not born of a virgin. His mother was Cleopatra. Cleopatra was decreed a virgin by both herself and Augustus. No one dared questioned it.
That cercumstance exists today. The pope says that Jesus was born of a virgin and only a few question it. Even none Catholics trust the pope whether they admit it or not on that issue.
Jesus was never crucified. Simon was impaled in the place of Jesus.
Even if Jesus had been sacrificed he would not have been accepted as a replacement for Abel.
It is far past time for Man to discard all the fantasy of religion so that we can go on with our life.
God exists but we will never benefit for him until we say we are sorry.
The fact that God hates us is evident in the fact that the bible says that He has tried to kill us all on several occasions.
Some people believe that He is going to try again in the near furure. That is total lies. God wants us to suffer. Even if He wanted to kill us all he does not have the power to do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have concluded that Yaweh is Enlil and Satan is Enki, they were sumerian rival "gods" and brothers.

They are likely already destroyed in some way or the other and suceeded by some other being.

This does not mean however there is no other supreme being or beings, some alledged Extra-terrestials believe there is a god somewhere.

Enlil is an imposter though, Enki seems more sympathetic of the human race.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If your unclear about his message, I think it would be wise for you to ask your pastor for some clarification. Go directly to the source, because asking someone on this board about the difference and what not of God vs. Satan is really asking for additional confusion. You will have the Athiests saying that God doesnt exist, or Agnostics say that God exists, but hates us, or whatever. Jews, Muslims, JWs, and everyone else will swear that your worshipping the wrong God anyway.

Being a Christian, I would just encourage you to pray about it and seek clarification. Seek, and you shall find.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
thanks for your answers and i'll ask my pastor.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Book of Revelation definitely says that in the end Satan and all his followers will thrown into the lake of fire and destroyed and all the good people will live with God and Jesus in the New Jerusalem and they'll be no need for a temple to worship God since he will be living among us. I think that's what your pastor meant.

See Revelation 20:7-21:4

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The Book of Revelation definitely says that in the end Satan and all his followers will thrown into the lake of fire and destroyed and all the good people will live with God and Jesus in the New Jerusalem and they'll be no need for a temple to worship God since he will be living among us. I think that's what your pastor meant.

The thing I would change is that people who have come to Christ for forgiveness of their sins will live with God.

satan is a created being. We are told that iniquity surfaced in him.

in·iq·ui·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nkw-t)
n. pl. in·iq·ui·ties
Gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
A grossly immoral act; a sin.

pride came and grossly deformed him. I'm not talking physically right now. his pride grew to such an extent that he felt/wanted/desired to be God. God is God alone. satan had a part in God's creation but he wasn't satisfied with it and sin overtook and consumed him. It was his own doing, there is noone else to blame for who satan has become.

edit-those who enter the Lake of Fire will be living in an eternal death. It's not nonexistance, but an existance of no hope of ever being free of it.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by dbrandt]

[edit on 3-7-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ask these of your pastor:

Why did God allow Satan to continue living approximately 6,000 years ago as well as after numerous audiences in his court, millenia ago?

Why did God the omniscient, omnipotent even make Satan? Does he enjoy playing chess with his creations, where man is the pawn?

If God can create evil, could he not have created same, and why did he not, for if man knew no such thing, would he not have every life in worship?

Exactly what is this Satan, and where in the Old Testament does he claim he would destroy him, and why did it take 3,760+ years for such a proclamation to be made?

Then ask him: What is the difference between this serpent and Apophis?

[edit on 7/3/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Satan and everyone going to hell will live forever
They will suffer for....ever and will always exist in hell.
No soul can be destroyed...only tortured.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why ask your pastor when you can just ask God, directly?

We are told in Psalms 118:8 that it is better to trust in God than to place our confidence in man.

I mean, truly--look at the answers you have received here from men? Is it any wonder the world is so confused? We are all no farther along than we were the day God overthrew the tower of Babel, if you think about it honestly.

Nevertheless, I tell you not to listen to man, only God, yet I am about to give you my understanding of the answer to your question. But let me qualify it thusly:
This was my question, too. I asked God and this is what He revealed to my heart. God doesn't speak to us in a voice, but if you desire the truth, just believe that He will show you just for the fact that you desire to know Him and the absolute truth. And He will reward you.

So the things that I say--don't go ask your pastor. He'll just get up in arms, since obviously he, himself, hasn't asked God directly yet--he has valued the teachings of men in seminary more than the teachings of our Father in Heaven. God will not make Himself and His ways known to us if we choose to find Him with an 'interpretor' or a middle man. One on one, baby--that's the way it is with God. Play it His way or be confounded.

Don't look at me--I didn't make up these rules!

Now, you are absolutely on the right track in what you say about balance and good not existing without evil, too. For how can we perceive light if we have never been in the dark? Darkness is absence of light BUT light is not absence of dark--rather, it is an overpowering or 'drowning' of the dark.

In other words, God created evil in order that we may overcome it's misery and darkness through the power of the Light and the Truth, which is His Son.

And 'evil', aka 'sin' is basically not listening to God--not hearkening to His voice above all other beckonings, even our own mind's. It is just as bad to take our own opinion over God's facts as it is to take someone else's above His. No human is perfect, and no intentions are as pure as His. So trust Him, listen to Him (this is not a joke--I can only tell you what I know from my own experience and that is that HE IS REAL!!!)
and you will overcome all darkness and understand all things.

It's great, truly. Ask Him if what I say is not true!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by belorus
i have been listening to my pastor at church and when he was talking about
satan being evil and how he was going to be destroyed by god. that got me thinking, if god indeed destroys satan and evil than how will god exist,
there has to be a balance, if there would be no evil than how would we know what good is. unless god is the balance of good and evil and satan is the evil side of god. but no christian pastor will admit that god could be evil.
can any one add something to this?
thanks.

I dont believe in religion, but sounds like an evasion to me, he cant figure it out himself I bet.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

there has to be a balance

Which rule is this?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

there has to be a balance

Which rule is this?

The word 'rule' sounds like legalism. 'Laws' and 'principles' seem to me what the LORD's government is built upon.

Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity.
(Job 31:6)

A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work.
(Proverbs 16:11)

Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
(Ezekiel 18:25)

Balance and equilibrium are fundamental to the nature of God.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
(queenannie38 those are great points,god be with ya.)
(i have been listening to my pastor at church and when he was talking about
can any one add something to this?)

God did not creat evil, satan created evil when he decided to become god and took a 3rd of the angels with him. And even if he did creat evil he did it because he wanted people to follow him by freedom of choice. You see people where with god and new him. But what? happen Satan wanted to be god. So now what does god do. He says i want people to have freedom of choice. The only way to do that is have evil in the world. And where does it say you half to have a balance, no where does it say in the bible for good or god to exist the evil or satan has to exist.whats going to happen is what going to happen. you cant belive in parts of the bible and not all the bible.Satan will be detroyed and evil too. thats why we belive in Life after death. life comes to some.and death too others.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by slymattb]

new topics

top topics

join