It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHOLISM: A New Way Of Living

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's is surely time for people to start hearing the truth. Our future children don't need to be further mislead with religions whose purpose isn't necessarily to limit people, but it happens anyway. Generally the people who practice and teach religions have good intentions, they're just closed minded and limited and don't realize it. I was a full blown Christian back in my day, dedicated to the faith just like any other faithful Christian. I met someone who showed me how to be open-minded. It took a while for that open-mindedness to sink in, and once it did, I started realizing how I was limiting myself and viewing things from one point of view: my own. Things are very different now. I realize that we all are a result of the environment we were raised in. Because I was raised in a Christian setting, I naturally turned out to be Christian. People who are raised in Catholic settings turn out to be Catholic. People who are raised in Buddism and Hinduism settings turn out to be just that and the only way you change faiths is when you are exposed to it or are influenced in one way or another by someone else. I do believe in God. I see a world, a universe, that could not make itself. I also know that we were made in the image of God and we have unlimited potential and we should always only strive for the best out of life, we do deserve all that we want for ourselves, and we should think positive and never allow any negative thought to enter our minds because our subconcious mind doesn't know the difference between good and bad but yet has the power to create the reality we place in our thoughts. I've dedicated myself to being open minded. I know that people believe in what they believe in for a reason. I know that in general all religions have good intentions. The goal of religion is to help us as humans become better people. I'm almost certain, that the intention of most religions was not to make people closed minded, blind, unhappy, or depressed. This is why I now believe in Wholism (Whole-ism). Wholism is the belief that everything is interconnected; everything little thing is a small part of a big whole. We can see it around us. The Earth itself is one gigantic ecosystem. No one thing can exist without the other. If there were no plants, we would all die, both humans and animals. We feed off plants, including fruits, vegetables, and herbs, and plants also provide us with the oxygen we breathe. In turn we provide plants with carbon dioxide. I learned this in second grade but I didn't understand what it really meant. Every single thing that lives has a purpose and until all of us as humans realize the fullness of it all, we may never reach our fullest potential. We're using 10% of our brains because we only understand 10% of ourselves and we use only 10% of what this Earth has provided for us because we only understand 10% of how it all works together. We as humans continually believe that we're the superior species but new sciences like biomimicry are showing us that we need to humble ourselves before we destroy ourselves.

join