It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batleground God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
An interesting test in respect to rational consistency hope all find it interesting.

For the record I did survive

www.philosophers.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.
As you can see I survived as well.

How did you do? Just wondering.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Got the same award

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
awesome... (to both of you)

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Why thank you.Right back at ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only two bullets and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

i did quit well

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
although i did find it interesting that they refered to god as "she" even though the bible would suggest that god is a male

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I got the second highest medal too.

This is the question that screwed me:

"The serial rapist Peter Sutcliffe had a firm, inner conviction that God wanted him to rape and murder prostitutes. He was, therefore, justified in believing that he was carrying out God's will in undertaking these actions."

In my view it's not worded properly. I answered "Yes" because I read the question as meaning that he was justified in HIS view. But could the question mean was he justified in MY view or SOCIETY'S view?

Bloody trick questions.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I admit its a very tough test in respect to your question Leveller I cannot answer it, as the point is to have no help or support prior to the first attempt.

Such help would would as the site presented break the rules giving other's who try it an unfair advantage.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You have been awarded the TPM service medal! This is our third highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without suffering any direct hits indicates that your beliefs about God are very consistent.
However, you have bitten a number of bullets, which suggests that some of your beliefs will be considered strange, incredible or unpalatable by many people.

That was fun.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Congratulations!

The fact that you have progressed through this activity without suffering many hits suggests that whilst there are inconsistencies in your beliefs about God, on the whole they are well thought-out.

The direct hits you suffered occurred where your answers implied logical contradictions. You did bite a number of bullets. These occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hits and bitten bullets.

Well the last three questions really stuffed me, i was perfect until then, ah well can't win em all

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Congratulations!

The fact that you progressed through this activity without suffering many hits and biting no bullets suggests that whilst there are inconsistencies in your beliefs about God, on the whole they are well thought-out.

Only problem is...if you do not believe in a God, then most of the questions aren't applicable...
As they become, what if? what if? Therefore, it sets itself up for circular logic, from which there is little escape.....

Still fun though.....

new topics

top topics

join