It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child warriors of Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
THE 15-year-old boy bites into a packet of jelly babies as he tells me how he killed. First there were the mothers, after he'd raped them. Then their babies. Four of them. The eldest aged three.

www.mirror.co.uk...=13294482_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-CHILD%2DCANNIBAL%2DKILLERS%2DOF%2DTHE%2DCONGO-name_p age.html

We spend so much time concerned with the Middle East, somehow things like this just don't get the attention they deserve.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And what do you propose we do? Why is it when every 3rd world country on the globe cannot evolve itself past the point of self-mutilation that it is all of a sudden OUR responsiblity? When there are regions, whose instabilities are deemed National Security issues to the U.S., we address them. I see no need to clean up a little country who cannot deal with their own immoral problems, when they pose no risk to us. If they have children eating other people, they need to have some adults of their country handle the problem...not US.

More liberal deck-stacking.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Valhall has the point. How are we going to stop what is basically tribal warfare that has it roots in the dawn of man. These people were killing each other before the Europeans showed up and restarted their tribal wars after the Europeans left. Just exactly is the United States to do? What are the Europeans to do? Send peace keeping troops. The question is how many and for how long. You have a situation in Africa which revolves around tribal warfare that has existed for thousands of years. Now who has any good ideas on how to stop this warfare without having United Nation troops in the Congo for the next thousand years. The point is that sending troops, aid missions, etc. may stop the fighting temporarily, but as soon as the troops and the aid missions go home, the wars in the Congo will start back up again.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Those African child warriors are descendants of kings and queens of Africa. All they know is survival

Before there was United States, there was Africa
Before there were white people, there was Africa
Before there was Jerusalem, there was Africa

Don't judge those African children because you're not accustomed to what they do. That's how they live, that's how they survive. It's survival of the fittest in Africa.

Africa has been raped by Europeans and the reason why Africa is in the state it is today was because the curse of the European. They sucked Africa dry.

But it's only a matter of time when Africa will arise to the dominance it once tasted.

Africa for the Africans.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
In a perfect world, I would like for us (developed nations) to help and rebuild africa. It was stable and wealthy before the europeans came in and destroyed it. Its a horrible situation. Lets hope Liberia can get straightened out. One day maybe we will go back into Somalia and try and finish what we tried to do back in the day.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Question: how many of you have actually been to Africa? Before automatically saying self flattering things like "when every 3rd world country on the globe cannot evolve itself past the point of self-mutilation that it is all of a sudden OUR responsiblity", realise that the people there have no desire to see more pillagers on their land.
Val, they probably hold people like you in the same contempt you hold them.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And what do you propose we do?...

...More liberal deck-stacking.

I didn't propose anything, I didn't even suggest you send 27 cents a day to Sally Strothers. If someone could come up with a fast and easy solution to problems like this that sure would be great, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. In the meantime, increased public awareness is not a bad thing.

What is liberal deck-stacking?

new topics

top topics

join