It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft says no government backdoors in software.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Microsoft has scoffed at suggestions its software contains back doors for use by United States intelligence services as the Australian government signed on for access to the source code behind Windows.

www.theage.com.au...

Okay, so Australia gets the source code so they can check it for backdoors...but will the installed versions be the same? What's to stop Microsoft from adding a backdoor during one of its updates?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Okay, so Australia gets the source code so they can check it for backdoors...but will the installed versions be the same? What's to stop Microsoft from adding a backdoor during one of its updates?

You got it! Monopolies are great, aren't they?

Oct 98

Microsoft Corporation had erected a financial pyramid scheme. Sadly, Microsoft employees were prepaying their own wages and the public and private retirement systems being pilfered just as Charles Keating plundered the Savings and Loan banks. Since then, other companies are now being forced to aggressively adopt similar techniques in order to compete yet these companies will fail because Microsoft's situation is unique. The pyramid is now accelerating and destabilizing both the stock market and overall economy, corrupting the Federal Reserves efforts to control the money supply and triggering false inflation. Microsoft, once a great technology company, has indeed become a "pied piper" of financial fraud.

www.billparish.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Microsoft says no government backdoors in software.

I say BULL$H!T

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No backdoors? of course not! Bill Gates would never do such a thing! he loves you! hes your friend! Hed enver help the govornment out!

If hackers can easily slip through windows shoddy security, then so can the gov. backdoors are easy, and they can also design a new worm that even anti virus software cant pick up. Hysterical really.

Hence the monoploy: better running systems like Linux out there, but finding software compatible with it is a nightmare, everything designed for windows, forcing everyone to have to get windows, in order to have a comp that can run on stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't believe it!

If they don't then Billy boy is watching us hoping to take over the world someday

former MSN user
now highspeed-Mozilla user
Artemis

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Some how i don't believe that. Mircsoft and the government go hand in hand

better running systems like Linux out there, but finding software compatible with it is a nightmare, everything designed for windows, forcing everyone to have to get windows, in order to have a comp that can run on stuff.

I like linux alot, i think its much better then windows. Its more secure the windows and it doesn't blue screen every 5 mins

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Don't go knocking linux just yet ...

Not only can *nix run Win app's ( WINE ), but *nix also come's with load's of app's that are just as good, if not better then your average Win app. Also, using LINE, window's can run *nix app's without porting. You can also get Cygwin to compile *nix app's to run under window's ...

[Edited on 16-8-2003 by e-nonymous]

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
infinite

Actually, WinXP is pretty stable. I've not once crashed it in the year that I've been running it.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I had a nightmare when i had winXP, i had sooo many problems with it. I uninstalled it and then put on win 2000 and its running very well

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Like what kind of probs? I haven't had any yet ....

new topics

top topics

join