It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remaining SF Team Member(s) Silenced?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just can't get over the feeling that the missing member(s) of that SEAL team was/were inside the compound that got hit with precision guided munitions late Friday.

If so, may God bless and keep those brave men, destroy the ones responsible for their capture and torture, and have mercy on the souls of those faced with ordering the strike.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That would be horrible if they were, but at least their pain was over quickly if they were. No torture, no suffering. I have hope that they will still find them, either dead or alive, but that they will find them. This was a huge loss for the SEAL Teams. There was a big party for the lost members among the other SEAL Team guys the other night, celebrating their lives, and mourning their loss.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There's only one SEAL still missing. It was a four man team. One was rescued, two were recovered, one is missing. It's possible that he was in the building they hit, but it's kind of confusing. There were reports that he was alive but wounded in a villiage, then those reports were refuted.....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That wouldn't bee nice...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Undercover In Plain Sight

Some special forces teams do operate in “plausible deniability” mode, but that only makes sense when they are operating in areas where the U.S. doesn't have an overt military presence.

After all, why would the U.S. feel the need to conceal its presence in Afghanistan? It's not exactly a secret that we're there.

The fact that we know about it means this wasn't a “black op”.

We don't murder our own troops.

Who the hell would want to work for an outfit like that?

Hence my skepticism about the “suicide commando” scenario.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Majic,

Skepticism is a good thing in this day and age, and I respect your opinion. Thanks for taking an interest in this thread, and the time to respond. Murder and mercy killing are two different things, hence my reference to 'Flight of the Intruder' earlier on. I don't know what really happened, I just get these strong impressions I find hard to shake sometimes.

peace, out.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Okay first post and all.
Have you guys even looked at Special Forces in vietnam???????? Have you even seen the books by Maj.John Plaster?????? To say that :

"U.S. soldiers are government property. When they turn up missing, we go looking for them.

When we know where they are, we bring them back. "

Is complete and utter BS!!!
At the end of the war there were hundreds (YES, HUNDREDS) of US Pows left to the Commies in Asia in Cambodia, Laos and "the north", and they have been left there to rot. Simple as that. The US knew they were there, even took pictures of them - The book Operation Bright Light (I think its called) has the info. The USA LEFT them there, didnt go back for them, didnt terminate them, just listed them as MIA and pulled out.

Yes, Ideally the US would want to bring them back, only because it has spent soooo much on them. BUT, the USA does have a habbit of a)ignoring their calls for help b)ignoring them when they are captured. To say there is limited plausible deniability on opps is BS. In the Vietnam war the USA said "our troops are not there" -refering to Laos in particular - when they were crossing in and out on an daily if not hourly basis!!!

To question why special forces would be operating in a "hidden" manner in Afgan. and Iraq means you know nothing of the way Special Forces operate.... you think they are just like marines but with a black baseball cap that says Special Forces?

And just beause a story comes out doesnt mean that it wasnt black opps. Black Hawk Down wasnt exacally a "light sided attack" as opposed ot Black Opps and thats a film!!! In Afgan and Iraq the media are everwhere. If one guy talks the story gets out, be it guard, medic, doctor, recovery crew for the helicopter, local shepard boy, whatever.

Sorry if this post is a little messed, i'm in work and Majic got me in a rage

PS> there are a few Medal of Honour Citations that detail people (namley Special Forces) calling in Artilery and Air strike (yes both) on themselves to kill themselves and take the enemy to hell. This happened several times in Vietnam, so I do not see how it is out of the realms of possibility for it to still be happening when situations are bleak and there is no way out. Personally I'd rather have a 500-1000lb bomb blow me up rather than get captured with no hope of escape and only torture and death to look forward to.... but hey, thats just me right???

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Kainen]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow.

Thanks for the support and informed opinion, Kainen.

Don't be too hard on Majic, he's cool, and nobody wants to think that the sanctity of human life can be subverted so easily by the realities of armed conflict and political expediency. I fear it to be true, however.

War is truly hell.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Real Deal

Originally posted by Kainen
Sorry if this post is a little messed, i'm in work and Majic got me in a rage

You're right. I stand corrected.

We left way too many of our countrymen high and dry in Vietnam, and I know people will burn in hell for letting that happen.

Being the optimist that I am, however, I like to think we learned something from what can only be described as an eternal festering sore on the face of U.S. military history.

Thanks for making the point, lest we forget.

P.S. If that's your first post after lurking for so long, I pray it won't be your last. Thanks for “decloaking” and setting me straight!

P.P.S. You are the first ATS member to receive applause from me since I became a Councilor. I only do that when I physically applaud a post. Nicely done, and again, thanks. -M

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments on the post.
It just got me worked up as I hate to see military people "left behind" as is often the case with deniable special opps missions and the Vietnam escapade is just shocking. The numbers that were just left, the numbers that were never given the chance to go home.... its just totally shocking

I saw this link wich came on BBC today about the special forces soldier:
Special Forces Soldier Found

The Decloaking will be permanent

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
they found the 4th missing seal over the weekend. he was dead.......not killed by the TALIBAN but died in the original fire fight that took the lives of the other 2 team members.

only 1 member survived and it was because when the initial blast went off it blew him down an embankment out of the sight of the insurgents. he was taken in to shelter by an afghan family and protected until the US forces could reach him.

angie

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I read on yahoo the Afghan and US forces that found him said that he had injury marks consistent with small arms fire and he was not beheaded or wearing an orange jumpsuit just his regular military uniform.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
WHAT? TORTURE? WHERE'S AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL? WHERE'S JIMMY CARTER? WHERE'S ALL THE UN COMMISSIONS ON HUMAN RIGHTS?

Where indeed.

Apparently, only the USA "tortures" anyone.

With all due respect sergeant mabye you should try and not confuse torture by military forces and terrorists, or IYO are they the same?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Torture is torture is torture. Where was Amnesty International in Gulf War 1 when Iraqi troops were holding guns up to our pilots heads and pulling the trigger, making them think they were going to be executed? Or when they were being beaten? Where were they when at least one group of our soldiers was executed during Iraqi Freedom? Or the beheadings by the terrorists? Why are they only screaming about the US "torturing" men that don't even have the protection of the Geneva Convention to stand behind

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Torture is torture is torture. Where was Amnesty International in Gulf War 1 when Iraqi troops were holding guns up to our pilots heads and pulling the trigger, making them think they were going to be executed? Or when they were being beaten? Where were they when at least one group of our soldiers was executed during Iraqi Freedom? Or the beheadings by the terrorists? Why are they only screaming about the US "torturing" men that don't even have the protection of the Geneva Convention to stand behind

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Zaphod58]
Where where they?
They where complaining I believe, but hey ignore that ok, they dont just "pick on" the US, thats just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I didn't say they only pick on the US. I said that I didn't hear them screaming like they were when our guys were being tortured. They may have been complaining, but it wasn't as loud as it has been recently.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I didn't say they only pick on the US. I said that I didn't hear them screaming like they were when our guys were being tortured. They may have been complaining, but it wasn't as loud as it has been recently.

Thats because the US and UK militaries are supposed to be the "most advanced" cultures of the world, now if our squaddies do this to prisnors, how does that make us look?
Bad....

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Maybe it is just cynicism, or post-Tillman fall-out, but I have trouble buying the 'official story' on the recovery of the body of the last missing SEAL. If he was killed in the original firefight, then why wasn't he recovered with the bodies of our other two fallen heroes? It doesn't add up. 'Wounds consistent with small arms fire'? I thought he was killed in an explosion. Why the long delay, the airstrike and all the conflicting stories? Imo, the military is at it again, white-washing the blood from their own hands.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
He could have been seperated from the team in the same explosion that knocked the survivor off the ridge, and they didn't find him until now. If he was still alive after being seperated he could have been trying to E&E and was killed away from where the initial battle took place.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sounds reasonable, thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join