It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to WITD?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
For the record II

WITD was not an expert hacker, but simply able to search on exploits for XMB 1.6 for which there were several. Exploits aren't even up to "script kiddie" level of hacking.

well, its not even a low level of hacking cause you dont really need to understand exploits for you to use it...

exploits is something a bored 13 year old would use

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The most I can do to websites is login. I'm not much of hacking or exploiting. I'm working more on programming.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by 9890]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
I'm a bored 14 year old and the most I can do to websites is login. I'm not much of hacking or exploiting. I'm working more on programming.

Never get involved with the hacking scene, ive been there and done that..
when i was about 16/17...

With all that knowledge you gain, its a waste of talent. Do something create, like build a website or something

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
also remember that there are those who monitor and track such offenders.
It is not all that hard to track who hacked a website. The hardest part is gathering all the evidence to hand over to the FBI to file charges. That can take months.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't thinnk I ever will get involved in hacking. I don't see where the pleasure in destroying all that stuff comes from. I create all kinds of sites for my frineds and I really love doing that.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Contrabanned

Poor 9890!

Talk about a hell of a ride.

Once you began delving into the fowl conspiracies surrounding WITD, it was just a matter of time before they would come for you.

Don't let those mean old admins push you around. When admins come near with fingers poised over the ban button, just throw a handful of sweets and small shiny objects (and maybe some crumpled up money) at them, which should distract them long enough for you to make your getaway.

As for WITD, not long after I joined, I was accused of being a WITD wannabe. That was the first I heard of it, and it was only after I read with widening eyes about what WITD was did I realize what a slam that was.

So anyway, I feel we are sort of kindred spirits on this one.

If course, we're nothing like WITD -- the idea is patently absurd.

Diatribes... diatribes in the daylight...

The medicine ball will deflate in Poughkeepsie...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Once you began delving into the fowl conspiracies surrounding WITD

I often use 'fowl' as a malapropism for foul in describing the occasionally deviant deeds of a certain feathered Super Moderator.

I would be interested in whether you have the same intent here, or whether you are just a lousy speller at times.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Intentual Ambiguity

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would be interested in whether you have the same intent here, or whether you are just a lousy speller at times.

Keyclicks... keyclicks in the dark...

what button did the finger push?

b'KAAK!

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you for the most erudite explanation!

bukbuk.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So ok I understand it was a hacker, but is it true that the government got involved in this on ATS or is that just another crazy theory?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The FBI was notified, two agents did contact me, and after a brief look at the WITD posts, agreed it was a hoax. End of story.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well its good to know nothing to serious happened to ATS, even though this was before my time.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 9890

This is interesting old ATS history.
NWO link might not be through area 51?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join