It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adopt a ghost. I did!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not everyone is capable of seeing ghosts. You have to be psychically open. I am such a person.

It has been 27 years since I became aware of an unseen presence. This happened shortly after buying a home back in 1978. This first and most frightening experience opened my perception from then on.

One night, when roused from a sound sleep, I saw an old women leaning over me. I was terrified and as I screamed, she literally dematerialized. My stunned husband searched the entire house including the attic and basement. Finding nothing, he searched our yard and the length of our block.

After that, "other worldly" visitors made their presence known by less traumatic means.

During the next 17 years, ghostly "pranks" became common place in my home. My TV turned on and off by itself. When I played music, the volume would go up or down according to "the others" whim. Some people tried to explain these oddities scientifically, suggesting magnetic interference.

But how do dismiss water going on full blast without being touched? More insidious, was the time darts flew past my sons head to the board he was playing on. I don't remember who scored highest

After several years these occurrences became customary. But with the emergence of new ghostly pranks, I became increasingly annoyed.

Now my other worldly antagonist, dare I say poltergeist, engaged in his version of "Hide and Seek." Of course he did all the hiding and I was forced to seek. He hid my car keys, my jewelry, nick knack's and any other small item he fancied. It drove me absolutely crazy!

I'd might find my keys for instance, down in the cupboard with my pots and pans. Missing condiments were once found days later under my bed. But the most bizarre incident was when I found a missing ring inside a container of cottage cheese.

In time, my family, accepted the presence of our ghostly roommate, and carried on as usual. I frequently addressed 'him' and when provoked, didn't hesitate to tell him off.

In 1995, after a bitter divorce, the court forced me to sell the house. Since then I've remarried, and lived in three different places. Well, I've got to tell you, either my "buddy" hitched a ride with me, or I've got new company. But there's more. "Casper's" car pooling with me to work these days too.

To my relief, I haven't seen an other physical manifestation since that night years ago. Although he may be working up to it. you see he talks to me now, mostly at work, sometimes while I'm driving. Not much of a conversationalist, he whispers only two or three words at a time. Recently, when three of my coworkers admitted hearing voices, I was blown away! It seems being part of the family isn't enough for him anymore. Now he's fraternizing in my social circle. What's next? Maybe he'd like to go clubbing!

[edit on 7/3/2005 by dollmonster]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Wow dollmonster, what is said? Anything of particular significance?

Is there anything that 'sets it off' so to speak? Anything that you might be able to record as an example?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He says nothing significant at all. He mostly just whipers my name. But one time he did actually say "order up." I'm a waitress! He either has a sense of humor or he likes to feel a part of things.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
After several years these occurrences became customary. But with the emergence of new ghostly pranks, I became increasingly annoying.

Did he tell you that you were getting annoying? Just curious...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I too live with spirits that reside in home. I've seen angel hair apparitions of a old lady floating in the hallway. There a voices that I hear when no one else in in the house. I feel that these spirits have come with certian objects that have a strong sentimental to the original owner. I am a collecter of antiques, old books, paintings and photos. One item a old World War 2 photo album containing post cards, photos and handwritten descriptions by this man in the Navy, has brought with it his spirit into my home and I recognize the ghostly form by the pictures in the album. I also have Indian burial mounds on my land and many people comment without knowing any of the above, that this place has a peace about it. Many people at different times totally unrelated have come up with the same desciption of my home and used the exact same words... "The Sanctuary"

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You have schizophrenia?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
[did he tell you you were getting annoying? ]

I'm both annoying and annoyed. I don't know what kind of facts you want. Either you believe me or you don't.

[edit on 7/3/2005 by dollmonster]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think you should probally get checked out for schizophrenia, what you described was basicly schizophrenia and could become dangerous if you don't get help or medication.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I am saying the responsible thing, it's dangerous and somebody should say something, or otherwise people could get hurt.

Anyways though, I experience this stuff as well sometimes, I just don't belive it because if I do I may worsen any medical condition, so just be responsible and check all possibilities before saying you have a spirit in your head.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
for her to be schizophrenic she would need to hide her own rings in cottage cheese containers, then forget about it, then be like ''OMGOMGOMG HERES MAH RING I LOST!!!1!1!!!!11'', which is even more ridiculous. Especially if some other ppl also heard the voices.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Those who witness the paranormal have always been labeled "crazy" by the uninitiated.

All the strange happenings around my house were witnessed by my entire family, and the voices I hear at work, are heard by four other coworkers.

You can rest assured that my visitor is not a constant one. I feel his presence only on occasion. My tale spans a twenty year period.

You didn't hurt my feeling either. I know I'm a dork!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Pretty much everyone has a ghostly inhabitant

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If one's life is dull i suppose a ghost or two could add interest to it,

But [being cras] beyond that have you found any pragmatic uses for your sensitivity to the formerly living?
Can you ask them to do things for you?

top topics

join