It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RF-16s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I was just reading an article on CNN.com about Natalie Halloway, and the search for her, and read something interesting that I had never heard of before. Holland is sending three F-16s to assist in the search, but they're equipped with infrared and sonar capabilities. Anyone else ever hear about this? I thought I knew about most of the capabilities on the -16s but this is new to me. Any information would be appreciated.

Holland will send three F-16 warplanes rigged with search equipment. The three planes, equipped with infrared and sonar-scanning capacity,

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
SONAR on a plane, thats very odd. Unless they are refferring to the ability to drop SONAR bouys, like an RAF Nimrod.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
SONAR on a plane, thats very odd. Unless they are refferring to the ability to drop SONAR bouys, like an RAF Nimrod.

Well SONAR is RADAR with sound instead of microwaves. Bats use SONAR to navigate through the air. But I agree with you, Ill bet it has a sonar bouy pod or something.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hmmm, I found some interesting things about the optical side, but nothing so far about the sonar side.

www.f-16.net...

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Article

Here is a news article talking about it.

top topics

join