It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if flouride is used for mind control...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have always been more suspicious of milk and all the ads on TV and magazines that say we should drink more milk, etc.
you would think they would put out more ads on drinking water as you are supposed to drink 8 glasses a day and the majority of people don't. If floride is a mechinism of mind control, you'd think they would put more ads out on drinking more water as they could actually say it is very healthy for you and that would be true.
Of course the dairy groups make money selling milk, but why not put out ads promoting cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products?
I believe that it has even been said that as you get older you really do not need as much milk if any at all and that to much calcium is actually bad for you as you get older (i am not sure on this , but i am pretty sure i have heard that said).
Also correct me if i am wrong, but arn't the majority of people supposed to be lactose intollerent and have minor to major problems in digesting milk?
I just always thought it was weird on how much milk is pushed in TV and magazine ads and even the use of all those celebrites (with milk mustaches) to push the ads...

[edit on 15-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well us brits are safe then, the last milk advert I remember was two kids, with one of them going "Accchrintong Stanley?". That was years ago, milk isn't advertised at all these days to my knowledge, over here at least.

On the other hand, I drink shedloads of the stuff. AND I'm lactose intolerant (slightly).

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yea, in America milk is adverted all the time on TV and in magazine ads and there is always a celebrity endorsing the ad to drink more milk. The celebrity then always has a"milk mustache" above their lip. the ads have been running for at least 20 years or more and still run with new ones all the time...
I drink a lot of it. Actually all i drink is milk and water for the most part.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Actually i just did a Google search about milk being bad for you and the link below talks about it and the milk ads i am talking about (for those of you that do not live in the U.S.) and how doctors in 2000 petitoned to stop the ads for more milk, etc.

Unfortunatly the link is from Rense.com but they took it from a more credible link.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
I believe that it has even been said that as you get older you really do not need as much milk if any at all and that to much calcium is actually bad for you as you get older

Yes, I have heard it, my question to them is several fold, Firstly if Calcium is bad for you, then why are there so many companies push Calcium suplements?

Isn't the reason that old folks break bones easier due to the fact that the human body requires calcium, and takes what is not included in the diet from the bones?

I do think there is more to the drink milk thing than meets the eye.
I think that it is to get kids to ingest a wide variety of drugs (not limited to steroids) that probably makes them easier to program.

I am very critical of the Dairy industry watering down milk - some of the old timers probably remember when milk was a lot thicker and had the cream sitting on top of it (You young uns can ask your grand parents about it) -
To get milk like it once was, mix half a glass of milk with half a glass of and half and half - it's still a little thin but works.

For the record, I still drink 2 glasses a day, and will continue to do so. I am over 40 and have never broken a bone or suffered any ill effects from it.

(Some gal on the radio a few years back claimed that if you continued to drink milk after the age of 30, it would not leave your system - and just continue to accumulate in your stomach. - I Couldn't belive such a load of bogus disinformation being expressed - of cource she was a Doctor - as if that would suprise anyone here).

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dancer
Part 2 is that floride has an interesting side effect, when ingested orally - it messes with the brains capacity to learn thus dumbing down people.
(noticed how the younger people (as a whole) are dumber than the older ones?) As I understand it the floride enters via nerve endings in the oral cavity (Teeth) and these endings are close enough to the brain that it has this affect.

Fluoride as an oral applicant is actually kind of beneficial to the teeth. Fluoride as ingested is another story. Research was conducted that noted the effect on the hormones secreted by the thyroid gland - they failed to do their job as efficiently, such as moniter and direct the bodies physical development as well as an effect on mental faculty. One particular study in China found I.Q. to be adversly effected in children.

One of the key points that I have realized is the attenuation factors.......if a drug or chemical is going to cause a greater liklihood for a disrupted development then the idea of thought in context is going to be a problem, which will lead to issues across the board, socially speaking, as well as providing a higher amount of difficulty or inclination for higher faculties.

Also, I believe the problem is actually fluoride overdose........but that is easily accomplished by the fact that fluoride in a measurable amount is found in many of the processed foods and beverages up for purchase..........

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm kind of thinking about fluoride in toothpaste. Think about it: when people use snuff, it cuts their gums and it seeps into the person's bloodstream which travels through the brain. Aren't our gums being minorly cut by the brushes? That would mean that the fluoride still gets into your bloodstream and to your brain. Just a thought.

df1

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_individualist
I'm kind of thinking about fluoride in toothpaste. Think about it...

Tough decision.

Do you want your mind controled? Or do you want bad teeth?

The choice is yours.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Flouride (and electromagnetic fields) tend to also Calcify the Pineal Gland.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Do you think the amount of fluoride in toothpaste is enough to have any real effect though?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_individualist
Do you think the amount of fluoride in toothpaste is enough to have any real effect though?

Most people have fluoride in their drinking water.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Most people have fluoride in their drinking water.

when your right, your right...

this is why people have those purifiers...

i am sure that the fluoride is not harmful...

but there is a conspiracy theory for everything...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Once again, for all those who didnt hear Gen. Ripper and all his insanity,

"Mandrake, do you realize fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?"

Seriously folks, we eat all sorts of poisons.... heck, soda and wine and power drinks and process foods. Even natural fruits have poisons to some degree. Potassium is not good for you in anything but very trace amounts. I believe certain fruits also contain unusually high amounts of cyanide, not enough to do anything, but present.

Are you really going to debate the effect of just one of the millions of things you put in your body? And unless you live in a greenhouse and know exactly what your eating 24/7, you cant really say you eat better than any of us.

As for mind control, what type of massively evil government do you take Washington for? Yes its big and does things under the table, and yes the military builds secret aircraft, but those have logical reasons. Trying to control the entire population may seem useful, but why? What would the current administration have to gain from doing such a crazy and risky thing, if its even possible to do on a large scale and controllable.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ahhhh.....The Rational Athiest....we meet again.......

Originally posted by Raideur
Seriously folks, we eat all sorts of poisons.... heck, soda and wine and power drinks and process foods. Even natural fruits have poisons to some degree.

True........but consider quantity. There are many substances that can be ingested without any measurable effect. Our bodies are incredibily resiliant, and as such can withstand the effects of anything for a short amount of time.

Now....let's factor in consistency. This is where the body begins to react. As an analogy, let's say someone you knew lightly slapped you on the chin a thousand times in a row. Upon completion of this task, you would physically be intact and not much the worse for the experience......but you would have a very subtle resultg.......the next time your friend was in proximity and performed a gesture even remotely similar, you would on some level flinch, or at the very best, your attention would immediately hone in on your friend's action until you were knew what was transpiring. This effect would wear off in time....undoubtedly.

Consistency as relates to all the seemingly harmful additives and preservatives and etc, etc. is a very important consideration to make when determining the overall benifit or detriment in corrolation. You see the body shapes itself in response to these chemicals. A consistent iron intake (which is important) will cause oxygen to be more effectively assimilated into the body and will help increase overall functioning of the individual in every aspect. Your body gets used to the oxygen and begins to make unconscious and autonomic decisions based on this.

Fluoride, in large and consistent doses affects the bodies interaction with the hormones secreted by the thyroid gland, which help to regulate physical development and hasbeen implicated in mental development....a Chinese study concluded that fluoride did in fact lower the IQ in a notable percentage of the children that they had enlisted for the experiment

Some background....

Source: Wikipedia
The thyroid hormones, thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), are tyrosine-based hormones produced by the thyroid gland. They act on the body to increase the basal metabolic rate, affect protein synthesis and increase the body's sensitivity to catecholamines (such as adrenaline).

Source:Wikipedia
Specifically, calcitonin reduces blood calcium levels in three ways:
• decreasing calcium absorption by the intestines
• decreasing osteoclast activity in bones
• decreasing calcium reabsorption by the kidney tubules

The tweaked performance that fluoride has on calcitonin, incidentally, is what can be responsible for the calcification that was mentioned earlier....

Source: Wikipedia
In humans, children born with thyroid hormone deficiency will not grow well, and brain development can be severely impaired, in the condition referred to as cretinism.

en.wikipedia.org...

…..fluoride was once used as an anti-thyroid medicine, prescribed by doctors in hospitals and clinics. It was used to slow down an overactive thyroid.

www.thyroid-info.com...

Now that background has been observed.......what does this have to do with the relatively minute amounts of fluoride that we ingest everyday? Let's return to the concept of consistency.......the more we ingets on a regular basis, the more the body is going to attenuate and respond to it's physical ingestants. Note earlier where T3 and T4 had an effect on the bodies use (secretion and interaction) with adrenaline. Adrenaline causes in the mental attitude of an individual to behave and think along a baser, more instinctual drive....read urges and wants and desires......if adrenaline is being utilzed consistently, which it is when you consider it's corrolatoin to fluoride as well as being provoked by the body chemical cortisol(released in response to dehydration, which, oddly enough, is encouraged by judicious soda drinking, which, oddly enough, is encouraged immensely by their advertising campaigns), then you have a mature body that has grown accustomed to satisfying its physical urges.....including out of context. When I say out of context, I mean that the body has grown accustomed to responding in a certain way and as such will react again that way because it is learned behaviour. Even when the original stimulus has left.

And that is why these seemingly minute effects are important.....because people seem to forget how they were yesterday in favor of sating today.......thus passivity is encouraged into a population that doesn't even know it......because certain key biological realities were interfered with at a young enough age to cause a certain development that, oddly enough, is encouraged by popular culture........

Now, your standard disclaimer........everyone reacts differently and everyone, invariably, is exposed to different amounts of various combinations of chemicals as well as the importance of daily habit, activity and intelligence, genetic predispositions, etc..... this is why definitive reports are hard to come by......too many variables and today's standard of legalese will drown almost any scientific claim to this extent.

Originally posted by Raidur
As for mind control, what type of massively evil government do you take Washington for?

Evil? Depends on perspective......

But I do question the motives of a government that insists on force medicating a population on the pretense of oral hygiene......that angle has been disproved years ago.......there has to be a reason why and discounting their motives at the behest of someone pointing 'conspiracy theory' is just plain laziness.........turns out they are right, it's just that you need to understand intricate physiology, chemistry, and biology. Even then, you have to seek the info out before conmnecting the dots because it isn't a prevalent thought in today's ADHD reality.

What would the current administration have to gain from doing such a crazy and risky thing, if its even possible to do on a large scale and controllable.

Not this administration.........this happened years ago. Not risky either. Just get a couple of dentists to go on record heralding the benefits of fluoride and make sure that you don't have any long-term studies upon completion......even then, find professionals and experts to decry the results for reasons stated above, namely too many variables. But that excuse is only useful because most people will not notice any visible effects and are also inable to connect the dots.

Not only is it possible, it's still happening.

If any of this is difficult to understand, I apologize......I hacked it together in the time available.....feel free to inquire specifically and I will be happy to clarify........

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh you want to fight? Lets take this outside, foo.

Seriously though, though fluoride may, and probably does have effects on your body, so does any substance we ingest, and fluoride is only one of the many things we get regularly, like caffeine (Im screwed), phosphates, sulfates, chlorine, the list just goes on. But why single this one out and suggest it has some sinister intent, while you drink a Coke that has a laundry list of crap in it.

Im not about to argue how diabolical the government is, but trying to keep something of this magnitute from the public seems pretty silly. Perhaps we're just paranoid about losing our free will in the face of authority? You could always go live in the woods, but who does that?

I doubt fluoride is as bad for you as the chlorine they also put in the water.
I personally dont like the taste of it.
Eh, anyways, I tried using those teeth whitening strips and those are probably so packed with fluoride, I should be a government zombie by now. Or other people..

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Oh you want to fight? Lets take this outside, foo.

Please don't mistake my intentions to be hostile. Rather, I'm trying to provoke an actual discussion complete with supporting facts.

But why single this one out and suggest it has some sinister intent,

Becuase the government dumps it our water supply with heavily conflicting data on the benifits/detriments of the chemical.........did you know that fluoride is also used in prozac, various tranquilizers, and it's addition to valium makes it 20 times stronger?

I agree that we ingest many things that have various subtle effects on the human body over the long term.........let's just say I started with fluoride and will move on to the next one....

while you drink a Coke that has a laundry list of crap in it.

Nice assumption.........I not only don't drink Coke....but I don't drink soda either. I could start in on why......but I'm planning a thread for it.....hope to see you there...

I'm also experimenting with vegatarianism to understand the subjective effects meat has on my body as well as looking in to the various nutritional attributes of whatever I ingest these days....a couple of years from now I'll know what I ingest and why I ingest it....

Im not about to argue how diabolical the government is, but trying to keep something of this magnitute from the public seems pretty silly.

Sorry......have to call you on this one.......what does 'pretty silly' mean?

Silliness is different for everyone and it's being cited as a reason in a higher discussion is curious.......

Perhaps we're just paranoid about losing our free will in the face of authority?

Again, what is free will?..........the way I understand things in my own research and pontifications, free will is an illusion.......

So I'm not paranoid about that.....

You could always go live in the woods, but who does that?

Or.......

you could understand as much as possible rather than accepting the situation.......there are always options.....you just need to have an understanding of what exactly is going on.

Eh, anyways, I tried using those teeth whitening strips and those are probably so packed with fluoride, I should be a government zombie by now. Or other people..

Fluoriide as a topical applicant actually has some dental benefits.........oddly enough.

Fluoride as an ingestant is another story.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The Government might or might not be evil and corrupt and controlling, but this has nothing to do with fluoride..

Can we end this?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I find this to be a very interesting topic. I would like to see this topic in a debate tournament!

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
o_O

This thread is a bit wierd to me, kind of paranoidish. Good thing I drink distilled/bottled water I guess.

I NEVER drink tap water, simply not cause of junk like this, but we just...well we never do because we have a huge cold water cooler always filled since they deliver once a week, fresh distilled water, which is pre chilled in the machine, so why use tap water?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
This thread is a bit wierd to me, kind of paranoidish.

Well you are on a conspiracy site......

May I ask why it seems "paranoidish"?

I always go into every thought with a open mind......I did the research and the case from many different sources obliterates the 'stay the course' reaction of popular opinion....which, incidentally was propagated by the government in the first place.....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join