It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four-Doors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Have any of you played the party game Four-Doors? It's more like a hypnosis thing, and I've found that you can do it to yourself.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hmm...never heard of it.

Would you mind telling us that don't know what it is is?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Four-Doors is a type of hypnosis game played by you and a couple friends, or by yourself if you want to be serious.
I've gathered that it delves into your subcoincious mind. You will either experience vieled memories through symbolizim, go on aventures (i.e.: solving a crime or fighting a monster) or you could be searching for answers to questions you have about yourself. If there is anything else you can do please volunteer the information.
When you play Four-Doors you must be lying down in a darkened room. It may be pitch black in the room or you can have a dimmed light on. If your with friends you will have your head on a pillow in the lap of your "guide" so to speak. He or she will put thier for finger and middle finger on your temples and rotate (they are to do this the whole time you are in there). It is best just to empty your mind at this point. Your guide will tell you to tighten up all the muscles in your body and hold for a little while. He or she will then tell you to relax your toes, feet, ect...you will finally relax your face and then you will be told to relax your entire body. After a few moments the guide will ask if you are relaxed, you will say yes or no (the guide will ask questions during yours session you can speak out loud and answer or your guide will tell you to do something, such as: pick up the book ect.) If yes your guide will tell you that you are in a corridor (the view of this corridor may vary, this is just the form I use) with millions of doors on each side of you. They will tel you to walk until you reach the end of the corridor where there are four doors against the wall. "Are you there now?" he or she will ask you, you will answer yes if you are. "What color are the doors?" This question from the guide is key to knowing what room you've been in or not, though the colors can switch around. The colors can be anything from neon yellow, to red to honey. Your guide will direct you through one door and ask what you see. You will tell him or her what is through the door, whether its a bathroom, ballroom, or even an amusement park. The guide should ask if there is any people or animals, or objects in the room that need inspection. You can interact with people as well as animals (I formed an alliance once with a king to fight a war and another time a small fox rode on my shoulder). If all possiblities have been explored, or if the room seems scary or dangerous to you the guide will direct you out into the hall again and choose another door. You can revisit a room as it may have changed in the time you were gone or it had not. If the situation becomes a little too much it is the guides responsiblility to wake you up. They can do this by shaking you, or by the way mine woke me up: many slaps to the side of the head. If there is no trouble the guide can ask you to go back to the hallway and down the corridor then tell you to wake up.
When you are on your own you do not have to massage your temples, but you must first relax your body step by step. You will be your own guide so it will sort of be like having two people in your head, one telling you to go somewhere the other you actually doing it. It will be challenging at first to go solo, but with practice it will get easier. Take time to remember the door colors, and remember what goes on inside the doors.
A few more things to remember: Don't force the flow of things, let what comes, come. Don't let your mind wander, keep it on task or you will get confused. Don't take this lightly, this is actually a serious game. If you have secrets that you don't want to be revealed, it may be best you go solo. Because if your afraid they will come up during a group game, they will be on your mind and those secrets will be behind the doors.

I'm sorry the explanation is so lengthy, it's just I know that some people don't want the quickie confusing version.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Amazing... you realize after you are hipnotized you can remote view or have an out of body experience? Maybe ill try it but when i do those type of things i get scared and freak out and cant move....

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That sounds very interesting. Too bad none of my friends would be willing to do that with me, so I guess I'll have to do it alone

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Has anyone tried this yet?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The principle is sound, that is simply a basic relaxation technique minus massaging the temples that many use to instigate an OOBE. I personally think the presence of another person would be extremely distracting, but I guess for those who have problems with Visualization it is beneficial to have someone else leading them vocally through the steps.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Any info on how to do this by yourself?

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Eh, maybe its just me (have been making no sense at all today), but could someone tell me what you mean by temples? Is that the two sides on your head?
Sounds very interesting, can it be used as meditation? Artificial REM maybe? Just wondering.

Oh and iCEdTenG, please be a little more mature, I've almost only double or even more multiple posts from you in some other threads. Either you're very bored or just like to be annoying, so I kindly request you to grow up. Please.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

If you read through my very long explanation thread, it will tell you how to do it yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
Eh, maybe its just me (have been making no sense at all today), but could someone tell me what you mean by temples? Is that the two sides on your head?
Sounds very interesting, can it be used as meditation? Artificial REM maybe? Just wondering.

Yep the temples are the two sides of your head between eyebrows and hairlines.
Very interesting that you point out meditation, I suppose this could be a technique; however, as I understand it meditation involves keeping your mind empty while with 4 doors you are filling it up. I haven't heard the term artificial REM before, but I suppose it is more like that or maybe a controled daydream.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
intresting game but most of us are loners by choice so there is noone to play with

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by waterwalker
intresting game but most of us are loners by choice so there is noone to play with

Yes I know how that is. When I tried to bring the game to some of my friends they would not take it seriously. Needless to say I did not try to get them to play again.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I heard about this four door thing from my friend. the girl was so freaked out about it because her friend went into a room with a black door and she started weeping uncontrollably. another person woke up laughing hysterically and saying her stomach was mad at them for waking her up. please if you try this remember it's not a game and don't go into a darkened room, a black door, or a staircase going downward. or at least have someone to slap you awake if you're curious.

new topics

top topics

join