It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they are REAL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Remember, any sufficiently advances techology is indistinguishable from magic.

Nothing that has ever been reported about aliens proves they would have telepathic abilities.

The human mind is an electronic machine, more or less. With technology that is "sufficiently advanced", you could "beam" images, thoughts, and sounds via electromagnetics. You could disrupt a person's ability to speak, to move, to do just about anything.

I wouldn't say telepathy doesn't exist (although I call unmitigated BS/insanity on anyone who claims they have controllable ESP and haven't yet collected Randi's million dollars), but there's no reason to beleive aliens must possess it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Telepathy itself would not be a sign of inteligence.
What if sparrows or other bird have some form of telepathy. For that matter any other creature on this planet having some form of telepathy. It would be a higher form of communication compared to us, but not necessarily a form of inteligence.

Now if a creature didn't intially posses telepathy but by some form or method outside of evolution enabled its capacity to do so, that could be considerd a form of inteligence.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haloseeker
are they real is the true question.

Only you can make your mind up on that.

In my opinion there are ETs and in my opinion they have or are visiting this planet.

Telepathy is often associated with alien abduction and most UFO cults claim to "channel" beings, in the same way a psychic medium would channel a spirit, which is a mental or telepathic link, implying some ETs (Apparently a large majority
)do have telepathic or mental communication abilities.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I do believe that Aliens exist. I also believe that they do some form of mind control/brainwashing on abductees. I don't know if they have real telepathy, created telepathy, or any type of telepathy at all. In my gut, I feel that they have an emotional-type telepathy/emotion-based telepathy? Not sure which, or how they use it/utilize it. I just feel that abductees have their memories erased or altered in some way so that they don't remember the abductions

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Man, I posted on this thread a year ago. And it's still around. Despite the "do you think..." question + large caps for dramatic effect.

Anyway. 2 questions:

1. Are the aliens that visit us ghetto aliens? i mean, there are 2 possibilities: they want us to know they are here, they do not want us to know they are here. either way they are failing miserably. maybe they dropped out of alien high school. it would explain why their cars always break down. oh man, i just thought of something else. subquestion:
a)what happens when their cars break down in space? ya know, it's reported
on this site that there have been all these crashes (= break downs). what, do
they get out and walk to the next planet?

2. How can you even begin to speculate about something that is speculation? It's ridiculous. I will post my own: if your best friend was superman, and the same sex, would you still ask him to give you a ride??

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If aliens are real then do you think the have telepathy or some kind of mind thing?

If they are real, do you think they have toes like we do, or maybe tentacles with little sucker pads on them?

Do they have football? What do you think they'd do for entertainment?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

If they are real, do you think they have toes like we do, or maybe tentacles with little sucker pads on them?

Do they have football? What do you think they'd do for entertainment?

Oh most definitely. They also have 1 large arm that extends from their midsection when they are excited.

For entertainment, I have heard from this guy who was abducted (i'm not allowed to say his name, job, social security number, country, state, age, race, marital status, birth certificate--but trust me, he's real!) and he told me they like to play Candyland. The childrens boardgame. Yeah, that one.

[EDIT: quot-seis]

[edit on 28-7-2006 by backtoreality]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
For entertainment, I have heard from this guy who was abducted (i'm not allowed to say his name, job, social security number, country, state, age, race, marital status, birth certificate--but trust me, he's real!) and he told me they like to play Candyland. The childrens boardgame. Yeah, that one.

Candyland, huh? But isn't Candyland just a rip-off of "Chutes and Ladders?" I mean, you do pretty much the same thing, except that instead of sliding backwards along a slide, you go down a candy cane? I think somebody has grounds for a copyright infringement lawsuit. Unless they're owned by the same company, which I wouldn't doubt.

Otherwise, I have a new game called "Birds and Worms," where you spin an arrow that lands on a color, then you move to that color, and if it's a bird you can fly higher, but if you land on a worm, you slide back down to the first row. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hmm, you bring up many interesting points. Might I propose the following:

What if ALIENS had no dice to play boardgames?

Seeing as no one has ever played a board game with an alien (except that guy i know, of course) it is very possible they don't have dice at all!!
In which case, how would they take turns? Please everyone, let me know what you think.

Now, as far as Birds and Worms...I thought long and hard and I must say, if the ALIENS do have both birds and worms then I see no reason why they couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't/fudn't make or play that game.

Lastly, what could we all assume that the retail for said game would be? With currence fluctuation, what about a better predictor for true price: hours of labor/cost? Or ALIEN Average GDP/person/cost?

We have many things to discuss.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
WOW you all flew off the rails here. There must be aliens but there are going to be less evoled species and more evolvled species some might have telepathy some might be as dumb as a dog. other planets are going to have different materials and resources to ours so they find other fuels maybe more efficient.different metals maybe light more flexible they might even know how to make zero grav.But for all the intelligent life there is going to be unintelligent life. They come here if you believe that to check us out want to know what were about and maybe if we will hurt them, I think they have come to the latter desicion so they wont directly show themselves to us.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have never experienced telepathic comunication that i´m aware of but for those who have, do you recieve/transmit in a vocal/word_ish language or is it more like getting the feeling across? If so, would that not open up the possibility for comunication despite different vocal/written languages? Man, what a blast that would be for tourists

Seriously, i believe everyone got it fully implemented as an feature but it is asleep. For the lack of better words i would assume spiritual awareness/training/meditation stimulates this "feature" like it does with many other abilities. Further i would assume the same thing goes for aliens, some species are highly advanced on a spiritual level and some are not, some can comunicate through telepathy and some don´t. My guess is that if they are advanced enough to come visit our planet they got it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
...other planets are going to have different materials and resources to ours so they find other fuels maybe more efficient.different metals maybe light more flexible...

Can you tell me what mystery metals on the periodic table you are referring to? I think most of the industrialized world would be extremely interested to hear about this major breakthrough.

they might even know how to make zero grav.

Oy-evay! And they might also know how to make microwave pizza without a microwave.

[EDIT: quoteeze]

[edit on 31-7-2006 by backtoreality]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
so because we have our own materials on this planet, You belive these materials are the only ones evrywhere. you may as well say we and our animals are the only species in this entire universe because none other are catalogued. think outside the box for once friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ohh the zero grav thing, in physics we alredy know that if you put a feather and a marble in a glass tube and suck all the air out both feather and marble will drop at the same speed, so why is it so untheasible to think that someone out there can alter or change the effects of gravity with some devise

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Backtoreality I have a task for you. Google (element 115) in particular look in bob lazars site. click gravity waves then at top of page click the moving circle then at bottom of that page u find a yellow triangle click that. you wont be dissapointed. in fact if evry1 who reads this does this and look around the whole site if u havnt before its very interesting. Or go to boblazar.com

[edit on 14-8-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

If aliens are real then do you think the have telepathy or some kind of mind thing?

If the aliens have an sort of technology, I would say maybe, and yes. The maybe to having telepathy because I can only speculate without having met any that I know of, and the yes to "some kind of mind thing" because they would need cognitive faculties to create and use technology. Not trying to be facetious, but that's what you asked.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Oy-evay! And they might also know how to make microwave pizza without a microwave.

Mmmmmm, self-microwaving pizza. Truly, that would be an advancement to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
All being are able to be telepathic or at least telepathic receptors (receiving telepathic messages).

Requirements

* Having an enourmous intellect to be able to understand the properties of energies from the body as use them for external purposes.

* Having the great extent of mental energy to perform telepathy

* Having the ability to concentrate into the emotional structure or state necessary to perform telepathy.

And that's it.

Knowwing how to do it.

Being able to do it.

And having the emotional stability to perform such.

Let's review by understanding something like similar like walking across a beam.

You have to know how to do it, which is done by understanding the physical dynamics of the body and of the beam that enable you to perform such an action.

(Intellect)

You have to be able to walk and you have to have enough physical energy to be able to walk over that beam. Let's say this was a beam that was stable and long enough to walk across the Grand Canyon or how about across the Pacific Ocean. I don't know about you... but I cannot walk across the Pacific Ocean on a beam.

(Energy)

Even if you know how to walk across a beam and you have the energy to do so. To successfully walk across a beam, you need the calm mental state so you don't end up falling off the beam. Concentrating is very important with success, ask any gymnist or anyone that works with physical activities. Even catching a football, throwwing a basket ball, dribbling a soccerball, or hit a baseball with a bat requires a degree of concentration and focus. But this is because all physical activities require the use of one's mind and that can generate stress. However if you were to perform a completely mental activity, like telekinesis or telepathy or to think clearly to answer a tough question on your SATs then you would need to generate a more calmly focus and concentrated mind. This is what emotional control is a very important factor with doing practically anything.

(Emotional Control)

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If you guys go to boblazar.com you can learn that "greys" came to earth and they dont speak but use telepathy. It is thought that they can speak to each other but at a frequency of that of a dog or maybe something different but the point is that we cant hear their voices because its a higher frequency. from a different site (google project serpo) I found they traded some of their technologies in return for twelve humans known as the majestic/majic 12 to go to their home planet in the zeta reticuli system were they lived for roughly 10 years. 2 died the there 2 stayed there, the remaining 8 came home only to find they had been subjected high lvls of radiation which eventually killed them years later.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is also suggested that with their space craft it has gravity beams of sorts to drive the ship, it sits on a gravity wave at low speeds to hover or to get across space they turn the power up and basically pull space towards them and when they let it go it pulls them with in a sence at infinite speeds, Back to the point these gravity beams are thought to be able to pick things off the ground ie. people (abduction) or cows or whatever they want but also they can force you into the ground obviously crushing and completely demolishing you. it is also suggested that they have translation devices to interperate their high frequency voices. BUT if thier telepathic why would they need them, apparently a guy sat in on an interveiw with a grey/eben and he was answering questions that weren't being asked out loud but just reading the other peoples minds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join