It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search Function is Useless.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I typed 'a', in all areas of ATS, no member name specified, in the last 3 months.

Nothing.

I was trying to find a topic I'd replied to about 3 weeks back and had forgotten.

Viendin as a user name in "Sci&Tech" with the word 'the' didn't pull anything up.

So I tried the most basic search, and again nothing.

Is this a known error?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Have you tryed the ATS google in the search area, i tend to find better results in there,

The search is a little trickey at first but you do get the hang of it,

[edit on 2-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It doesn't pick up certain things for the same reason a regular google search used to not accept words like "the" - you get too many results. It's a waste of everyone's time. It's supposed to not register terms like "e" or "the." If you provide no search terms, it also brings up nothing. You can also manipulate the Find Posts option, as I did here. That gives you all your posts in Sci/Tech.

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If you wish to search for a post by this user, then type in Viendin in the From Member name field. Set the Search in forum option to Science & Technology.

From here, enter specific words you would have found in the particular thread you are trying to find.

If you can't remember anything specific, use the lesser Google ATS search, of which I entered "Science & Technology Viendin" returning 176 posts.

The search will not be able to help you based on very simple words such as "a" or "the", exactly the same as Google or any decent search engine as this will return far too many results.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by SimonGray]

top topics

join