It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason Roosevelt attacked Hitler: To wipe out his WMD programs!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Japan Attacked the US on December 7th, 1941.

Germany and Italy declare on the US on December 11th, 1941.

4 days.

We may have wished to focus solely on Japan,
but that was not OUR option.

www.jeannepasero.com...
www.rangerfamily.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Im sorry Toelint for the foot fungus remark
They do have creams for that though hehe.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Rember WMD's had not been truly invented untill the Manhattan Project.

Leo Szilard, who helped Einstein with that letter, had actually patented the bomb on 1934 March 12 (the Patent became Secret Property of the British Admiralty).

Chadwick and Lord Rutherford were well aware of the potential in the late 1800's. H.G. Wells wrote a novel based on this and work by Frederick Soddy titled The World Set Free in 1913 which describes atomic warfare (now you know what World War I was about).

There are theories that Tunguska was an early covert test.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Is this political spin doctoring trying to draw some mystical, non-existent connection/parallel with wars against WMDs?

Sure smells like it to me.

(As other's have already stated) We were attacked by Germany's ally, Japan, I don't know whether we declared war on Germany or them on us first, but it is the natually expected next action.

Were there possible side benefits of getthing destructive technologies out of the hands of a mad dictator? Of course.
But the main reason is these dictatorships were attempting to over run the rest of the world including the US.

That is why it was the good fight.

Iraq had no WMDs, no supporting connection with terrorists or training grounds, no connection with 911.

That is why Iraq is the bad fight,

for no reason at all except to tie up the US military and squander 1/5th of a TRILLION dollars on Haliburton and other war profiteers.

It's a pity you chose to ignore one of my earlier statements. NO German Heavy Water was ever retrieved to PROVE that Germany had a bomb project going. As for whether or not Iraq had connections with terrorists, I suggest you keyword the term: Ansar Al Islam.

LOL Xphilesphan! But I wasn't kidding about Vinegar wiping out Athletes Foot fungus. In fact, try this. I haven't had Athletes Foot since:

Buy a One gallon jug of apple cider vinegar and find a bowl big enough to soak your foot in. (I wear a size 12Wide, so I have to soak one foot at a time.)

Soak each foot in the vinegar for about 40 Minutes. Use the remaining vinegar to wipe down your tub and bathroom floor. You'll notice your present infection vanish (probably) THE NEXT DAY. Do this once a month.

You can also put some apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the inside of your socks and shoes. Yes the smell goes away.

I used to have HORRIBLE Athletes Foot infections. I started doing this about three years ago...haven't had a flareup since.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There was no heavy german water, because it came from Oslo, Norway where commando units were blowing the ferries carrying the water. There is proof of a german bomb project, we know Heisenberg(responsible for quantam mechanics) was in charge of its efforts.

Toelint, you should seriously consider reading a book by Richard Rhodes titled The Making of the Atomic Bomb in order to retrieve a greater understanding of what you think you know. In the book you find that the letter Einstein signed, the one you have posted, never made it to Roosevelt.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Dear all,

Come on!!!

Toelint is pulling your leg with all this.

The letter is authentic and so is the link but he is having you on with the forced comparison between WW2 and the current situation in Iraq.

How gullible are you people???

Cheers

BHR

LOL Hicks, I confess I posted this at least HALF in jest. But please consider the comparison AT LEAST half seriously too, okay? Didn't Germany have a history of gassing civilians and opposing soldiers? (of course, we didn't have a CLUE about the gassing within the Death Camps until after the war, but what about the mustard gas attacks against English and Frence troops in WWI?)

Didn't someone already mention the Werewolf attacks (German hitsquads who specialized in roadside attacks with IEDs.)

Now, I have to add something. You DON'T win a war by seeking parity in arms with your enemy. You win a war by hitting the enemy hard and ELIMINATING his ability to respond in kind. This is EXACTLY what we did to Japan and Germany and what we seek to do with Governemts who insist on giving terrorist groups a pass because they don't want to fuss with them. THAT is the first and foremost problem.

BTW, Frosty, I'll check it out!

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I second reading the book by Richard Rhodes "the making of the atomic bomb" ............after reading it from the library 3 times I purchased my own copy and have read it a few times since that.........

A pulitzer prize winning and book of the year receipant............one of the finest books I've ever read........

It big, thick and small print.............so if it is intimidating at first, just go read the chapter "tongues of fire first"............after than you will be compelled to read the rest of the book.................

also read the chapter "long grave already dug" about WWI .................incredible and insightful reading.......

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Dear all,

Come on!!!

Toelint is pulling your leg with all this.

The letter is authentic and so is the link but he is having you on with the forced comparison between WW2 and the current situation in Iraq.

How gullible are you people???

Cheers

BHR

LOL Of course I'm drawing comparisons between now and then!

Okay, Seriously now, the parallels between WWII and Iraq are boggling. Here's another "fer instence". We've already mentioned the Werewolves. Here's a link to enlighten you on who THEY were and how they mirror the terrorist attackers of post-war Iraq.

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Toelint]

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh, and by the way, this link I'm posting also makes mention of Norway's Verook Heavy Water Plant, where Norway produced upwards of eight tons of Heavy Water each year, from 1934 to 1943. This is the plant that got hit and distroyed by a 400 bomb raid by Allied Forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ya think Germany didn't get at least SOME of all that Heavey Water?? Also, if you wonder why we (The Coalition Forces) got so skittish when we found Cyclotron parts in a Bagdad backyard, go here.

www.nrc.gov...

I'm not sure why, but when I try to make this address into a hyperlink...I end up erasing everything else! *sheesh* Go figure. Just cut and paste it.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Toelint]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join