It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why withdrawing from Iraq is a bad idea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
1) If the USA and its allies withdrawl from Iraq the countrie would be gifted to a bunch of Saddam clones and other wack jobs.
2) If the USA withdraws from Iraq it will send a message thou out the middle east and other terroist breding grounds that America is spineless and will retreat when the going gets tough.
3) Assuming a miracle happens and Iraq becomes a stable democracy withdrawing from the country prematurly would kill off any chance the domino effect could have on the middle east.

Part 2.
I was opposed to the war on the grounds of WMDs.
Why didnt the Bush admin come out and say that gulf war 2 was about a wide ideogly change in the middle east?

If they hadnt treated the public like idoits more people would have supported Gulf war 2. Bush and co got what was coming for over hyping Iraqs WMDs a lack of creditablity.

Iraq probaly wasnt directly connected to 9-11 but was seen as a means to an end a way of applying direct pressure to Saudi Arabia and other regimes in there backyard.

Is the domino affect a valid theroy?
Well the rest of south east Asia didnt fall to communism once America had left Vietnam. Mind you people will argue that American invovment in Vietnam gave other countries time to prepare there defences against communism.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So Mr. Xpert

How many American lives are you willing to sacrifice?

I personally don't think we can spread democracy in Iraq.

Now if it is about OIL; how many American lives is that worth?

Is saving face worth the sacrifice?

Remember we're talking about the precious lives of American young people
not just Headlines in the news papers or spots on the TV news. Real honest to God lives. How much is your life worth? What sacrifice are you personally willing to make?

Just A few questions we all need to answer before we commit others to fight and die for us.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So Mr. Xpert

How many American lives are you willing to sacrifice?

Im not an American but I will say you have to be prepared to finish a job you start. As many lives as it takes.

Now if it is about OIL; how many American lives is that worth?

The war wasnt about oil if it was power wouldnt have been handed over to the intrim government and elections wouldnt have been held.
Is saving face worth the sacrifice?

Remember we're talking about the precious lives of American young people
not just Headlines in the news papers or spots on the TV news. Real honest to God lives. How much is your life worth? What sacrifice are you personally willing to make?

Anybody who joins the military in any country you have to be prepared to die for your governments actions.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Xpert, you should study the last 100 yrs worth of Iraqi history, read Gerald Posner's book "Secrets of the Kingdom" and quit paying attention to NeoCons.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Do you believe that we are safer now since we've invaded and occupied Iraq?

[edit on 7/28/05 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 7/28/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Xpert, you should study the last 100 yrs worth of Iraqi history, read Gerald Posner's book "Secrets of the Kingdom" and quit paying attention to NeoCons.

Im no fan of neo cons after all the Bush admin botched the occupation.

EastCoastKid I dont think the western world is any safer since the invasion of Iraq. Bear in mind if Iraq falls over it is most likely that Afghanistan will follow the same path.

If Iraq or Afghanistan falls to corrupt regimes the westen world will be a more dangerous place then before gulf war 2.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Afghanistan is defintely not the utopia BushCo. would have us believe. Karzai rules in his city and nowhere else.

The Neo Con "vision" is sheer folly. Iraq is going Shia. How stoopid could we have gotten in our foreign policy?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Eastcoastkid for the most part I agree with you much as been aid as been promised for Afghanistan but little has happend. What little progress has been made has been marred by political medling. I dont think the Bush admin realized how much nation building costs. The expenses involved are huge to say the least .
Iv heard comprisons made to post war Japan well those people overlook the fact that that Macarthur understood the Ortinal mind and that he acted as a head of state.

I do think Afghanistan should have been rebuild and a stable government in place before America and its allies turned its eyes towards Iraq. Still at least gulf war 2 wasnt another police action.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by xpert11]

top topics

join