It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dacruz - World Travels 2005!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes, whatever.

Here are some more photographs from Thailand and Laos during my trip:

A shot of playing boys in PAKBENG, a little town at the Mekong-River in Laos.

The amazing traditional Thai dance in CHIANG RAI (The very north of Thailand) at a night market.

A beautiful Buddha statue in AYUTTHAYA (Thailand) in a Temple, I forgot the name of the "Wat" (=Temple)

A young Thai boy.

It is a lot of fun to photograph the people at the different countrys, important is that you ask them before you take a photo. In my case, nobody denied

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Welcome back DC!

it looks awesome dude...totally awesome.....i can imagine how you felt arriving in a far away country with just you and your thoughts.....travel is the best form of adventure.

Your a Star mate and im glad your back but sad that we cant have some more of those cool photos...."live from the scene..its Da Cruz in Thailand"...lol..well done dude...well done.

laters pal.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
DACRUZ!!!!

So good to see you again. You take great pics, thanks for sharing them with us. Glad you came back, I have never met anyone who went there that wanted to.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay after listening to this awesome PODcasts from ATS, it's time to look for some pictures..And now absolutely uncensored
Well, just all pictures I made over there!

I moved them to my own webspace, and created a subdomain for it. You don't need to download anything, because it's all in a generated gallery! Here we go:

Travel Pictures Thailand & Laos 2005

Please enjoy!

dacruz

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You found it! The last missing piece of the Zelda Triforce!

....I crack myself up....

Honestly though - What a great collection of memories! I almost feel like I know some of those smiling faces...
Clearly in your short time there you made quite an impact on these people to see they so openly allowed you to take such candid shots...Would make a great photojournalism piece...

What kind of camera did you take along with you? The clarity of many of those shots are amazing, along with those strong and vibrant colors....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
LOL Enron...You play too much Nintendo...

For some photos I used a very bad camera (Sanyo XACTI VPC-S3) That's why I sold the camera to a guy...After that I bought the Fuji Finepix F420 which is much better...A lot of faces on the photos are new friends in one city in Thailand. Some other faces are people which I met during my journey. Just ask the person friendly, if you could make a photo of them. Some ask, if you could send a copy with post mail to them.

Well, after all, I miss the very kind and friendly behaviour of this amazing culture over there! It's really not the same like in Europe!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hey Dacruz nice photos,

Went to South East Asia this summer and it was a blast. Unless by some miracle I get world cup tickets ill be heading back to SE Asia this summer. Goodtimes

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wohoo, good for you!

Kiss the South-East Asian ground for me!!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey, I found the following text in my notes..I thought it's worth to add it.

Sawasdee Khrap

South-East-Asia is the pure way of life.
The people over there are the kindest human beings I have ever met in my life.
Some people told me before about the so called “Culture shock” which I feel on my arrival in Thailand. I experienced this “shock” after I came back to Europe. Wierd, isn’t it?

First day, Bangkok (Krung Thep, City of Angels) I took the Airport Bus No. 2 to the “Khao San Road” the (in)famous street of the Backpacker sub-culture…Well, I just walked through and took a Tuk-Tuk. He drove me to a Guesthouse apart from the extremly busy Khao San Road..Yes, hit or miss.
First night in the “White Orchid Hotel” in Chinatown, Bangkok. I payed 1000 Baht for a double bedroom and inside bathroom and AC. I never payed this “much” money after this in Thailand and Laos ever. Hey that was my first night!

I recommend to visit Bangkok after you had acclimate, the humidity is awesome! I like it. Another advantage: A little bit knowledge of the Thai language.

On the next day I abscond from Bangkok and took a bus to Ayutthaya. I first I stayed in the “Ayutthaya Guesthouse” for about 350 Baht with AC. On the first day I met “Ake”, you see a lot of pictures of him if you visit my travel pictures galerie: , he asked me if I want to go to “his” bar and drink something. Of course I agreed.
The first time I visited Ayutthaya, I saw just a few tourists. Thats why I had the ability to talk a lot with Ake. He also teached me a lot of the Thai language.
A good thing about Thailand is that: If you know one (Thai) person, he or she introduce you to his or her friends.

After a week or so I met Paul from England, he stayed a long time in Ayutthaya respectively in Thailand. Because he rent his house in England, so he earn a little bit money every month, just enough to finance a pleasent life in Thailand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join