It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel expects full scale mid-east war in 2006

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
www.jnewswire.com...

Do you think this is a real scenario?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

JERUSALEM - Israel has reportedly expressed its belief to Washington that Iran and several of its Arab allies are preparing for a full-scale war against the Jewish state, possibly following the expected US withdrawal from Iraq in 2006.

It sounds like they just want to keep the US forces in the Middle East.
Misery loves company I guess, or they feel it's just beneficial to their security.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yet another example of Israel trying to use faulty intelligence so the US will do their dirty work. Israel selling arms to China was the icing on the cake for me. I can't believe we even call this "nation" an ally of our's.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No, this is Israel saying dont leave us alone!

A terrifying group of third world armies are going to attack us with our miniscule nuclear reserve and pitifully inadequate first rate, battle seasoned army.

Its nonsense, trying to gain more support from Washington at a time when the administration is less than impressed.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes this to me is just Israel trying to trick us into staying longer then new need to, or doing something for them. They have backstabbed us to many time and cannot be trusted we should just treat them like any other nation and not a close ally.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I agree that this is Israel's way of getting the US to stay or to create a sympathetic movement in the media to keep the Coalition in Iraq there.I also believe that if there is to peace in that region-real absolute peace in that region, there has to be a real winner and a real loser in this conflict.It is my opinion that the US should pullout,and let the chips fall where they may.If Isreal and it's people and god's chosen ones,then god will protect them-right?????

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Reason to Stay? What would make you people think we are going to be out of there by the middle of 2006?

[edit on 2-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Could this a ploy by Israel to increase US troop numbers in the Middle-East, ahead of the planned 'Gaza pullout'. Granted, the troops would not be in Israel, but they would be "right next door".

Israeli papers see Wednesday's protests against the withdrawal from Gaza as the opening shots of the disengagement proper, which begins in six weeks' time .

Commentators in Israel's three main Hebrew dailies all strongly criticise the nationwide unrest.

Palestinian papers examine their own government's role in the run-up to Israel's planned withdrawal, and urge the authorities and militant factions to join a national unity government.

BBC
Lateline interview transcript

Sanc'.
edit:grammar

[edit on 2-7-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Israel has good reason to be afraid. If you were Israeli would you not want the U.S. military there to back you up if needed?

The Palestinians have been denied their own place.

Israel in a way spawned the creation of the suicide bomber which is a part of the genesis of islamic radical terrorism.

There may come a day when the numbers of Islamic enemies against Israel will overwhelm her. What then?

The U.S.A. to the rescue?

We will never escape the conflict in the middle east, The war on terrorism is only the begining.

Like it or not the U.S.A. will defend Israel if needed, and in time that could mean a widespread war. One that will make what you've seen so far in Iraq look like child's play.

ESP

[edit on 2-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Read The Bible Code II. It suggests just exactly that. Of course, as with any Prophetic Forcasting, this is open to interpretation.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I guess it is the misery like company thing. I dont think Israel has anything to be afraid of. Any middle east coutry that attacks them would just be commiting suicide.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We wont be out of Iraq by the end of 2006 but our numbers should start to gradually decrease. The numbers of Iraqi troops are increasing each day we can proved the same amount of protection with less troops as their numbers increase.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
well if you are christian you would believe that God would protect Israel as the rest of the middle east attacks. Interesting indeed...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IIRC the latest polls (despite some mainstream outlets' efforts to bury the details) show a clear majority of Americans now don't support the war.

That can only grow.

I expect all sorts of scare stories (maybe even a big 'event') to try to manipulate opinion 'back on board'.

......and I wouldn't put anything past the Israelis and the tricks they'd happily pull to do it.
Including killing Americans/Europeans.
Fake Al Queda etc etc.

USS Liberty springs to mind.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If Israel has any intelligence at all , it would know that the nieghboring countries are really having thier own crap to deal with , and they're too chicken anyway . who are the allies of iran ? I say that the US actually put up Israel to saying this , so that they can hang around and " look into the matter " . full scale they didn't do it back when they could've , when Egypt wasn't Israel's puppy , when Syria wasn't headed by the snotty Bashar.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
IIRC the latest polls (despite some mainstream outlets' efforts to bury the details) show a clear majority of Americans now don't support the war.

That can only grow.

IIRC, despite those polls, the majority of Americans believe that a pullout from Iraq would be harmful to the US.

The most widespread consensus among Americans is that a precipitous pullout of American troops would be harmful, a point repeatedly stressed by the president. Sixty-four percent of Americans say if troops were withdrawn before the situation stabilized in Iraq, it would do "more harm than good" to the United States. Just 28% say it would do "more good than harm."

And no, the USS Liberty should not spring to mind, because quite frankly, there is no reason for it to "spring to mind," unless of course, some have other motives not mentioned yet...

The claim and assertion that there will be a "full-scale Mid-East War in 2006" is nothing but that. There is no conclusive proof nor indication that such will occur. Fear-mongering and speculation, nothing more, nothing less.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I believe in Bible prophecy.

The world will unite against Isreal to try to wipe the Jews out, man will always try to persecute God's people its predicted and not suprising millennium after millennium century after century and in our times too that history repeats its self. Isreal will never be solved its beyond our control, not even America can sort it out.

There is a book that shows that every opposing American political decision not to support Isreal has resulted in bad things happening like 9/11 and economy problems. Its quite interesting from what I have heared.

Battles will happen but no full scale wars as such and if it did the Jews will remain, everybody wants Isreal in their trophy cabinate its Holy.

If America abbandoned Isreal would that be right? It would allow the middle east to vertually destroy the Jews getting their way would not be enough. We said never again after WW2 yet the Jews have an enemy that will do what the Germans did and I stand against people saying its the Jews fault. Palistine who are they? There is the whole middle east to go into but everybody wants Isreal and for the Jews its their history and religion its just that after 2000 years no one supported them and it has been our duty to even religious duty to send them back where they belong.
The only muslim connection was a dream and that is all.

Here is the lastest develepments:
PROJECT DANIEL (named after the prophet)

us.altermedia.info...
www.prophecyinthenews.com...
worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
since the US is like the puppet and Israel are the puppetiars
the US will just do as Israel commands even so they always stab the US in the back alot (selling weapons and so on to rivals)

so i can just imagine this happening

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Israel does nothing but lie, have they even admited to having nuclear arms yet ? they could so easily destroy iran, but rather have the US do all they dirty work. Be careful of any nation that plays by they own rules

www.rense.com...

Here's a good read on who really is pulling the US's strings

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Sand_man]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A bit too ambigious for my tastes; though, it should also be noted that tensions are rising in the Middle East, and of this there is nary a soul which can deny this. Israel as a totality may be suffering from trauma felt generations ago, however, this is no reason to straw man thier way through the worlds affairs, if anything, it's just ignorant.

Luxifero.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join