It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The American Independence Day from Great Britain will be celebrated in the US on July 4th.

Unlike most Americans, we Cherokee have mixed feelings about this holiday.

You see, we fought for the British Empire during the Revolution and we maintain a Treaty with Her Majesty's Government to this day.

Our Cherokee Emperor, The Oukah, is the living lineage holder of Royal Titles granted by the British throne in recognition of our National Sovereignty.

On the occasion of this holiday, I would like to say thank you to all our British brothers for maintaining the special relationship of friendship with the United States. We hold you all in high esteem as Human Beings, we respect your wisdom and honor you with our promise of eternal brotherhood.

To our American brothers, we implore you to hold fast to the Ideals of Liberty for which you risked war with your own Sovereign. We watch with sadness as each new day brings news of yet another liberty lost, yet another right violated, yet another coil cast on the noose of freedom.

Let it never be forgotten: to attack one's father is to invite disaster. To attack one's own sons- is to ensure it.

May our three Nations long endure in peace and prosperity.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Your response is most noble and well spoken.

I hope, beyond doubt, that you feel the same towards India, South Africa and all of the other British Colonies in your regards towards peaceful relations.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Absolutely, DC.

We can accomplish so much for the future, if we work together.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Inspiring words Chakotay. A true example of humility and respect
You get my first WATS award for this month

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Huh? Not surprising that you had to throw in the "loss of liberties" and "each day passes with another right lost" and such.

What are you? Some kind diplomat? Why are you posting this? What's the point?

-wD

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Huh? Not surprising that you had to throw in the "loss of liberties" and "each day passes with another right lost" and such.
Cant handle the truth?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Cant handle the truth?

What truth? I hardly call peoples views and opinions the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Cant handle the truth?

What truth? I hardly call peoples views and opinions the truth.

Its not an opinion, the settlers did everything they could to take the land and kill Native americans.

What about sharing polo covered blankets? pretty nice huh, native american's just got some rights back in the last 50 to 100 years.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is there still any serious questioning as to the likes of smallpox-covered blankets, etc?!

We're encouraged to deny ignorance, correct?

Let's not deny the mounds of physical evidence - facts - relating to the various atrocities committed against NA peoples.

Chakotay also gets a WATS vote.

Beautifully expressed.

(And...fwiw, Happy Day from a British expat)

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Is there still any serious questioning as to the likes of smallpox-covered blankets, etc?!

YES, It did happen, as much as I would like it to be not true, it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

On the occasion of this holiday, I would like to say thank you to all our British brothers for maintaining the special relationship of friendship with the United States. We hold you all in high esteem as Human Beings, we respect your wisdom and honor you with our promise of eternal brotherhood.

To our American brothers, we implore you to hold fast to the Ideals of Liberty for which you risked war with your own Sovereign. We watch with sadness as each new day brings news of yet another liberty lost, yet another right violated, yet another coil cast on the noose of freedom.

Both statements apply to both Britian and the US...in fact it applies to MOST countries.

Swap the Bold words and it still holds true.

BTW, I didnt know that about the Cherokee...learn something new everyday

[edit on 3/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Your so thoughtful Chakotay! As you Cherokee sister (no folks, not familial, but still of one blood) I applaud your words!

Blessings

new topics

top topics

join