It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Generously to the Cause of Epilepsy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

good one

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
wha....what.....
B....BEHALAH!!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
sicko, this thread personally offensive!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto

Why is that?
It is in the Jokes, Puns, and Pranks forum. As such it is a joke.
I happen to suffer Gran Mal epileptic seizures and even I laughed at the banner.
Why does it cause you to be to ofended?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
to find it funny is your perogative, to be offended is mine.

not trolling here before you ask, just found it a little distasteful.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto

You an epileptic then??
Me too
YAY
I thought it was rather amusing... personal preference i guess

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Epilepsy is not funny. It is a serious disorder that must be taken seriously. The joke, however, is funny because of its irony. I thought about offending those with epilepsy, but I thought that the joke was worth it.

So, I apologize to those offended, but I would also say, look beyond your own condition and try to see humor, which really has nothing to do with having epilepsy and very much to do with being human.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
B...be....beeeehh.......

BEHALAH
dont Be Engry And Laugh At Him

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Epilepsy is not funny. It is a serious disorder that must be taken seriously. The joke, however, is funny because of its irony. I thought about offending those with epilepsy, but I thought that the joke was worth it.

So, I apologize to those offended, but I would also say, look beyond your own condition and try to see humor, which really has nothing to do with having epilepsy and very much to do with being human.

Its blown out of order. Epilepsy isnt all that serious depending on your outlook. I've got it and really honestly aren't bothered by it

Whats blue and doesnt fit

A dead epileptic

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm glad you can laugh at your condition. It means that you neither define yourself by your condition or that you allow it to control you. I did however work in a homeless shelter for a time and it was a very common experience to witness grand mal and partial complex seizures.

I felt the most sorry for those with partial complex seizures because most folks don't know that the person is having a seizure and I knew one guy who had been banned from the shelter, as a result. Fortunately, I recognized the symptoms and was able to accommodate him and help him to get medication.

With proper medication, those with epilepsy can lead very productive lives. Unfortunately, many are unable to adequately care for themselves for a variety of reasons and they suffer as a result.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'm glad you can laugh at your condition. It means that you neither define yourself by your condition or that you allow it to control you. I did however work in a homeless shelter for a time and it was a very common experience to witness grand mal and partial complex seizures.

I felt the most sorry for those with partial complex seizures because most folks don't know that the person is having a seizure and I knew one guy who had been banned from the shelter, as a result. Fortunately, I recognized the symptoms and was able to accommodate him and help him to get medication.

With proper medication, those with epilepsy can lead very productive lives. Unfortunately, many are unable to adequately care for themselves for a variety of reasons and they suffer as a result.

Thats what i have, petit mal or absent seisures... i find it quite humorous sometimes

new topics

top topics

join