It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Da Vinci painted two versions of "The Virgin of the Rocks" between 1483 and 1508. London's picture has long been regarded as an inferior copy of the original now in the Louvre in Paris.

National Gallery curators found the uncompleted drawing while researching how Da Vinci copied his original, using infrared scanning to see through layers of paint on the London picture.

I thought that this was something pretty cool. Does anyone know of any other pictures or painting or etc... that have hidden meanings/pictures?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There are so many paintings out there that have special meanings. My Favorite is The one thats in the Disney Movie "Little Mermaid" The magdalene`s Picture is in here. And of Course the "Et of Arcadia" These and many more have meanings. There are alot of site you can go to and look at all these old Painting, which i do alot. They are interesting. Remember they could not freely speak their mind back then so they had to hide alot of things in their paintings! I myself truely believe this.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Also i would like to note, That Davinci was a fan of John the Baptist. If anyone could tell me why he always painted John with The One finger upwards,what this means( or stands for) i would really like to know. This has puzzled me for sometime.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hey chasrac do you have any links to some sites? haha that reminds me of the picture of some disney movie where there was a ... lets say... inappropriate body part hidden in the background.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I do but forgive me i am new at this and i have not yet figuared out all this on here. how to put them in here. I will get it togather soon. I have a good page i will try and send u.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

top topics

join