It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove Outed CIA Agent Valerie Plame???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They're trying to spin this and get him off anyway. That much is clear from how the stories are worded. Not a peep about this on news shows that I've seen. It seems clear the White House has a dual standard for leaks. They went after Congress with all kinds of threats after 9/11, but when Rove does it, they think it's OK. Just a pat on the back and 'let 'er leak!'

The big risk for the WH here is that this story could potentially heat up the Iraq story, too, since Wilson's opinion was disregarded in the lead up to the war.

Considering the fact that Bush is already sitting at less than 50% over the handling of Iraq, a lot of news media talking about how they 'disregarded' credible sources urging caution to the point of criminally acting against them to shut them up - well, it wouldn't look too good going in to 2006.

If you look at the whole thing in total, it looks pretty clear that BushCo was determined to go into Iraq regardless. Even if the CIA had told them flat out there were no WMD, I think we would have still ended up there. They weren't willing to listen to anything except their own opinion on the issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Rove story has been pulled from the Newsweek web site. If BushCo is behind it, isn't that a violation of the first amendment?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It was Jeff Gannon who ratted
my 2 cents,

Lawyer Says Rove Did Nothing Wrong, O'Donnell Does Not Buy It

Snip~~

NEW YORK An attorney for Karl Rove, President Bush's chief political adviser, confirmed to the Washington Post and Los Angeles Times on Saturday that his client did speak with Time magazine's Matthew Cooper in July 2003. But the lawyer said Rove never identified Valerie Plame as a CIA operative to Cooper in those conversations.

The attorney, Robert Luskin said that Patrick Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the Plame case, assured him in October and again last week that Rove is not a target of his investigation.

"Karl did nothing wrong. Karl didn't disclose Valerie Plame's identity to Mr. Cooper or anybody else," Luskin told the Post's Carol D. Leonnig. Luskin said the question remains unanswered: "Who outed this woman? ... It wasn't Karl."
Rove answered questions under oath before a grand jury on Oct. 15. According to Luskin, the prosecutor said he believes Rove was candid about his contact with reporters. "I've been assured by the prosecutor they have no reason to doubt the honesty of anything he's said," Luskin said.
Link

[edit on 3/7/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
The Rove story has been pulled from the Newsweek web site. If BushCo is behind it, isn't that a violation of the first amendment?

It still works for me.
Try it again, maybe they were updating when you checked it.

msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 3-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John
What do you expect? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. While our grandads were fighting Nazi Germany, Rove's granddad was reaping in profits from exterminating Jews. Now we're fighting this war on terror, and Rove is blowing the cover of our agents.

Shhhh! The Republicans don't want to hear the turth about the puppet master behind Bush! Anyways, I love how things come down to being a democrat or a republican. While I can't see how any self respecting republican could stand up for Rove knowing his history of tactics, I can't see how any democrat could defend the Clinton administration(Waco, possible TWA 800 coverup, ruthless bombings against civilians in the Balkans, etc.)

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All you liberals don't seem to realize, IT'S NOT A CRIME IF A NEO-CON DOES IT.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent
While I can't see how any self respecting republican could stand up for Rove knowing his history of tactics, I can't see how any democrat could defend the Clinton administration(Waco, possible TWA 800 coverup, ruthless bombings against civilians in the Balkans, etc.)

That's why I'm independent.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
According to this, Rove has informed the White House that he will be indicted in the CIA leak case and will immediately resign. The White House would not comment...

Rove Informs White House He Will Be Indicted

12 May 2006

Within the last week, Karl Rove told President Bush and Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten, as well as a few other high level administration officials, that he will be indicted in the CIA leak case and will immediately resign his White House job when the special counsel publicly announces the charges against him, according to sources.

Details of Rove's discussions with the president and Bolten have spread through the corridors of the White House where low-level staffers and senior officials were trying to determine how the indictment would impact an administration that has been mired in a number of high-profile political scandals for nearly a year, said a half-dozen White House aides and two senior officials who work at the Republican National Committee.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, sources confirmed Rove's indictment is imminent. These individuals requested anonymity saying they were not authorized to speak publicly about Rove's situation. A spokesman in the White House press office said they would not comment on "wildly speculative rumors."

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There's a few posters (or should I say Brownshirts) in this thread who are going to have to eat their words.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join