It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal air vehicle???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
some1 mentioned a pesonal air vehicle... and i just wanna find out more about it and if its real

picture:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-7-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've seen video of something like that in action and it wasn't that impressive.
I'll see if I can locate it.

EDIT: Here's a site on that PAV that you posted.
Trek_VTOL_Springtail_EFV4B_Specifications.htm

[edit on 1-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There's a video on that site above but it's 17MB for a 1 minute clip.

I've reencoded it and uploaded it here:
Trek-PAV-Flight

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
wow... when i heard ov this i really thought that its going to be something but i guess that i was wrong... this PAV really sucks...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This tech is not quite there yet, but in the meantime, you could build a hovercraft. A VW powered gyro copter would be pretty cool too.

Unversal hovercraft

Super cheap DIY hovercraft

Jet powered hovercraft

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
this tech is not there yet??? u do know that this was made at 2000 right??? they just
havent tested it back then... the wanted to work on it a lil more... and this PAV sucks
i mean i would want to have one but it could be much better even though it has a 118-horsepower rotary engine and it can go 113 MPH for 184 miles on a 12.3-gallon tank of gas it could be more impresive... like instead ov 2 ducted fans it could have... lets say 2 jets to give it more speed and stuff maybe make the thing look better cuz who ever is flying the thing right now looks like some guy with bad scoliosis and needs one ov thos old metal things that hold the person in the same position but with 2 big fans on top

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
there is a man who built a 1 man combat flying, hovering vehicle. I 've seen it last year on the net,and tried to download the video but somehow it never stored in my computer.

It goes up to 3,000 feet at 60 mph,and looks like a chariot.IT is called the flying hornet,it has a WASP radial engine with ducted fan .The video was great.The army had orderd 200,000 units from this man.But i could never find the video again. Any help finding this video would be GREAT.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I have a very poor quality video of a very cool aircraft that I think is the one you're talking about.

I've just uploaded it here for you:
Wasp-aircraft

Is that the one you were thinking of?

It's much more impressive than the Trek PAV.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
THANK YOU .....

I've been searching for this for a long time. I believe this to take the place of the automobile in the near future.
:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Anyone got any blueprint or detailed pics of this "chariot"? Like to see how it works! It will be cool if these replace cars and bikes.

EDIT: Embarassing Spelling Mistake

[edit on 2-7-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
wow i would like to get my hands on 1 ov thoes... well anyway i found some stuff go to avst.larc.nasa.gov... and look at the second video i dont like the other 2 PAV cuz they are basicly airplanes

join