It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pace of Troop Deaths up in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
According to president, I mean Vice President Cheney, the insurgency is in its last throes. According to this story in USA today, the pace of troop deaths is rising.

It's time for Rummy and his pals to come up with a better way to go about this action. I submit one simple solution, get our troops out of Iraqi population centers and start training Iraqi forces in base encampments in the desert.

Maybe then a coalition force of regional allies could step in to police the population centers. That would restore some security.

Pace of Troop Deaths up in Iraq
By Rick Jervis
USA TODAY

Friday 01 July 2005

More lost since hand-over than in the year before it.
Baghdad - US military deaths in Iraq increased by about one-third in the past year, even as Iraq established its own government and assumed more responsibility for battling the insurgency.

At least 882 US troops died in the 12 months through Thursday, up from 657 in the preceding year, according to a USA TODAY analysis of Defense Department numbers. Iraqis assumed sovereignty a year ago this week, part of a US strategy to lessen the visibility of US troops and shift more responsibility for security to Iraq forces.
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Even my husband feels that the military better start doing something about it because the quotas are low and without fresh troops how they troops in Iraq are going to rotate?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Even my husband feels that the military better start doing something about it because the quotas are low and without fresh troops how they troops in Iraq are going to rotate?

They'll be sent back. Again and again, which I find to be a detestable practice.

What does your husband think should be done?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have no link, but I heard of an Army Recruiter who kept track of all his people who he recruited.

He actually had more committed recruits die before their transport date, than has died in combat. He sited auto accidents as the highest factor.

Just another perspective...

I'm trying to track a link down, as soon as I find it, I'll try to post it.

I think he was recruiting from the Dallas area.

top topics

join