It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine able to see his new baby via through internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
news.yah oo.com

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - A U.S. Marine in Iraq was able to view doctors displaying his newborn daughter via the Internet soon after her birth Friday at a suburban Detroit hospital.

Sgt. Peter Boucher's wife, Stacy, delivered the 20-inch, 7-pound, 7-ounce girl near a camera mounted on a tripod that was hooked up to a laptop.

In the hours before Lilian Grace's arrival, Peter Boucher called about every 30 minutes to speak with his wife. He was on the phone when doctors told him his daughter was about to be born and rushed to the Webcast just in time to see them hold up Lilian Grace for the first time.

"I love that technology is helping me share this moment with my husband," Stacy Boucher said before the birth, adding that she last saw her husband about six months ago. "It's hard being away. You try to stay as close as you can."

jeez technology moving so fast i be acting like senior citizens who cant figure out how to work this technology or that technology. but in anicase this use of the webcam help between the mother and father communicate even from thousands of yards away. so close but yet so far.

(edit to make link look pretty)

[edit on 7/2/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whats so special about that?
I've been in commucation with my sister in NZ since she moved to there trough 2 way digicam comms.

Its nice for the guy to be able to talk live with his wife and newborn, but the method is far from new and far from special.

How you think about 10000 people every second of the day "cyber" online?

join