It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Fastmoving Silent Light Filmed by Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Last night me and a friend were out fishing at about 9:00 PM. It was a very clear night. We were watching the stars and saw four satellites. We also saw an iridium flare from a satellite which lasted about five seconds. There was also alot of air traffic.

At about 10:30 we noticed a very bright light on the western horizon. It was moving fast right towards us. It was twice as big and bright as any other star or planet in the sky. It was also completly silent. We could hear all the other planes which were further away.

I got my camcorder out; and was able to start filming when it was almost right above us. It was still totally silent. There were no red or white strobes on it. We could clearly see the other planes marker lights. It was also moving alot faster than the other planes. It made from horizon to horizon in under two minutes.

I videoed it for about a minute. Sorry to say it did'nt turn out as good as I hoped; but there is about a ten second part where it was in good focus showing the backround stars for a good speed and altitude comparison.
I used a 8MM digital camcorder. I would like to upload the video; but I have no idea how to

Could what I've videoed be the ISS??

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My brother and I saw the ISS back in May. I was visiting him at home in Charlotte NC and we'd seen a news item saying it pass over. So, we grabbed a beer each and went outside at just the right time.
What you describe might have been the ISS. Where are you geographically located?

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Britguy]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am in central Wisconsin.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I thought I saw it too whilst working a night shift wednesday this week. I'll have to see if I can find any orbital data and check it's path for the last few days.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
someone tell our new member how to upload a video *i personally dont know how*

i would love to see your video and welcome to ATS

be prepared because we will ask you alot of questions about your incident

my first question is

What makes you think it was the ISS? was it that high up? from the description of your story it sounds like it was bigger and brighter than the ISS or any satilite

whats your location by the way? *it will help us triangulate the ISS position in relation to your position on earth
thanks

edit:: i notice this is one of your early posts even tho u have been a member since a few months ago
but anyways welcome

[edit on 1-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
First off, your camera has a USB port, you'll need to buy a USB cord if you dont have one.

Next, you need software that can read the data the camera sends and compress it into video. Or you could pull the file directly off the camera, but it will probably be HUGE.

I don't recall the type of software you need, but I'm sure you could easily google something that has a free limited time demo..

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If you already have the video on your computer, you can upload it to the internet here:
rapidshare.de...
Once it's done uploading, they'll give you a download link and a kill download link.
You can post the download link here for the users to download the file.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You will need a video capture card in your computer if your camcorder is not digital, If it is digital just plug your camcorder in through the firewire, if the files are too large to upload compress them by encoding them in wmv.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know your exact location, Dano, but according to heavens-above.com the ISS was visible from Plover, WI from 10:37 to 10:43 last night. The link has all the info.

The speed from horizon-to-horizon seems too fast, but the time is so close I would tend to believe that you saw the ISS. And the magnitude of that pass is -0.3, which seems to match the brightness you observed.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the info!

I'll do my best with uploading the video ASAP!

Dano

top topics

join