It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Aruba Charges Jailed Suspects with Murder in Holloway Case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The chief prosecutor in Aruba announced today that the three suspects jailed in connection to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, Joran van der Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe, have been officially charged with murder. Natalee was a student from Alabama who disappeared on her last day visiting Aruba on a senior trip. The official charges come as somewhat of a surprise, since it had seemed the investigation stalled when no body or other hard evidence had been found.

www.foxnews.com
ORANJESTAD, Aruba — The three young men detained in the Natalee Holloway case have reportedly been charged with murder.

Aruba's chief prosecutor told The Associated Press Friday that the murder charges were filed soon after the suspects were arrested more than three weeks ago. Those charged include Joran van der Sloot, 17, and his friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, Aruban Attorney General Karin Janssen said.

Janssen explained that the charges weren't announced until now to protect the family of the missing honors student from Alabama.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It appears some progress must have been made in the investigations since I doubt these people could be prosecuted under Aruban law without any hard evidence of a crime. i feel sorry for the parents who were still holding out hope that Natalee might still be alive.

Related ATS Threads:
NEWS: State Department Assists Family of Missing Girl
Alabama radio show wants to boycott Aruba.
Well, they killed her....
Dutch/Aruban Law

[edit on 7/1/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That is so wierd that they handled it this way- Not divulging to the media or public that the suspects had been charged soon after they were first arrested. They do things differently, for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've got a pretty good assumption of these kids, and I know they know more than what they have said. I just can't wait until one of them cracks and they get nailed, and have to serve their life in prison. One of them will cave in and admit everything....it always happens. Her family deserves some answers......

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My theory on what happened:

The three suspects were with her, and dropped off Natalee and Yuran at the beach.

Something went wrong, terribly wrong. Anything from alcohol poisoning to a foul misdeed.

Yuran panicked, called his dad,who helped make the girl disappear.

They are all trying to keep their stories together.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We will see how this goes. Btw, life sentences on Aruba are very rare. If he's convicted of mruder, he's likely to get 15 to 20 years.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
My theory on what happened:

The three suspects were with her, and dropped off Natalee and Yuran at the beach.

Something went wrong, terribly wrong. Anything from alcohol poisoning to a foul misdeed.

Yuran panicked, called his dad,who helped make the girl disappear.

They are all trying to keep their stories together.

My theory of what happened.

The three suspects went with her to the beach, Joran was probably making out with her when Natalee decided she didn't want to go any further...Joran being drunk probably couldn't take no for an answer and decided they were having sex no matter if she wanted to or not,she struggled and fought with Joran at which point the 2 brothers came in and either helped Joran rape her or actually took part in the rape them selves.As they were raping her she was probably yelling for help when one of the suspects either choked her or suffocated her to death.Fearing they would get caught they got a boat from a friend or someone they knew,tied her body to an anchor and disposed of the body miles away from shore.

It's just my theory of what happened...let hear your guys theory.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by thecry]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That sounds very logical to me...Or else..what about a drug reaction/overdose and they tried to cover it up???

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
OR while they were at the beach she decided to go for a swim and either drowned or was lost and was swept out to sea and the boys were afraid that exactly what has happened would happen.

Boy, some of you are really getting into these detailed rape scenarios. I'm not saying it isn't what happened I am just amazed at the detail you all put into it.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Now the Holloway family is pressuring the Arubian government (via the American and Dutch government) to give them $200000 for the Texas equusearch team.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just read today in my local newspaper, The Chattanooga Times News Free Press, about a local group who owns nationally certified search and rescue dogs to go today to help search for Natalee in Aruba. The FBI was asked to request their help.

It is outstanding how many resources the Holloway and Twitty family have accessed. I am thinking that the governor of Alabama has some part in it.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Now the Aruban gov't has released the Kalpoe brothers, so they couldn't have been charged with murder in the way we think of it in the U.S.

This case has so many twists and turns, I'm getting dizzy....

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah. It was said that they have been charged with murder all along. Then, it was that they could be formally charged with murder on July 4th. Now, it is obvious that there has not been anyone formally charged, yet Joran has enough evidence stacked against him for detainment.

I doubt Joran will ever cave. I seriously doubt that Natalee will be found. Joran and the brothers probably fed her to the sharks.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Actually, everyone has so far been held on what is more like probable cause, here in the States, as I understand it. There is no evidence and I can see Juran van der Sloot walking, unless a body is found. Many experts have said that if her body was dumped on a particular side of the island the prevailing winds would take the body out to sea and the likelihood of it being found would be slim to none.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mm77
I doubt Joran will ever cave. I seriously doubt that Natalee will be found. Joran and the brothers probably fed her to the sharks.

It looks more to me like something totally different, and that Joran didn't do it. He's a scared 17 year old spoiled brat who would've talked a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Two of the suspects have been released, though i do not understand why this case is such a big deal. She is one girl. These guys are suspects. This took place in an independent nation. However you have the mother of this girl on TV commanding the US to basically act like the world police and lock these men down because she has already convicted them. What i want to know is, if this is such a big deal to her now why did she let her daughter go in the first place?

I believe that there is another part of this story. At this point the case is riddled with rumors of the men dragging her off and so much hype that even FOX News is having a hard time keeping up. This girl, for all we know could have gotten drunk and fell into the water. We do not know and this nation has its own justice system. It is not up to the US to pursue every case, and all because a white girl goes missing, the nation doesn't have to be raised a terrorism threat color. People go missing all the time, a lot of the time for simple reasons that do not require a hijacking of another nations sovereignty.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted byTheBandit795
He's a scared 17 year old spoiled brat who would've talked a long time ago.

Who says he's a spoiled brat? Why is it when a white girl goes missing and she was in a shady situation from the start, we convict before we even hear both sides. The American Justice system, thankfully, has no jurisdiction over this trial. This is turning into another Elizabeth Smart. All suspects innocent until proven guilty? That was for the days before the modern 24 hr. News Network. They have to pay for their kids mercedes you know!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Calling him a spoiled brat doesn't mean I'm convicting him. He's innocent of course untill proven guilty. The mom (Twitty) is the one convicting them now by calling the Kalpoe brothers "criminals".

And btw... The reason the Holloway family now wants the $200000 from the Arubian government is because they said that they've amassed a $100000 t0 $200000 debt in the five weeks that they've been here, which is ridiculous, since they've gotten everything free (Hotel room, transportation, restaurants food & beverage) from Aruba. Now how could they get such a huge debt? This stinks bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm sure there is some big time lawyer behind what the family is saying and asking for. I don't think they should be asking for any money from the Aruban government -- if everything (hotel, food etc) has been paid for. If they are saying it is the cost of the investigators that they brought in then it is their responsibility -- especially since they haven't found anything either.

I am actually beginning to lean more and more towards what I was saying as speculation-- that she went for a swim at that beach and drown or was pulled out in an undertow and that the kids were afraid that what is happening to them would happen and they tried to lie to prevent it from happening.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Murder without a body, pure speculation and a huge tab? Something smells fishy to me. All because these boys are well to do doesn't make them murderers

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The three judge appeals panel announced that Joran will remain in jail while the Kalpoe brothers will remain free, changing nothing in the case for now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join