It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whack Jobs now run the country ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The far-right in the Republican party now control the White House, both houses of Congress, and now have their eye on the Supreme Court. Here's some examples of their philosophy:

www.all.org...
www.prolifepac.com...
www.prolifewisconsin.org...
stobie.home.sprynet.com...
www.rtl.org...

Some notable quotes from the Texas Republican Party Platform:

We support a character education curriculum and a program based upon biblical principles

We support individual teachers' right to teach creation science in Texas public schools.

Social Security: The Party supports an orderly transition to a system of private pensions based on the concept of individual retirement accounts, and gradually phasing out the Social Security tax.

The Party believes the Minimum Wage Law should be repealed

Our Party pledges to do everything within its power to..dispel the myth of the separation of Church and State.

The Republican Party of Texas reaffirms the United States of America is a Christian nation.

The original link to the .pdf at the Republican Party of Texas gave me an error that the file was corrupt, so here's another link:

www.republicanspeak.com...

They also want to eliminate the ability of the judiciary to prevent legislation of religion:

www.theocracywatch.org...

And here's a quote from the far right guys at the Family Research Council:

The Family Research Council's scurrilous attack on a Hindu priest's prayer in the U.S. House of Representatives "reeks of religious bigotry," said Americans United for Separation of Church and State, a watchdog group that monitors the Religious Right.

Venkatachalapathi Samuldrala, a Hindu priest with the Shiva Vishnu Temple in Parma, Ohio, made history on Sept. 14 by becoming the first Hindu religious leader to offer an invocation before a session of Congress.

In response to the prayer, the Family Research Council, the most prominent Religious Right lobbying group in Washington, D.C., disparaged religious pluralism and said only Christianity deserves government support in this week's edition of the group's CultureFacts newsletter.

"(W)hile it is true that the United States of America was founded on the sacred principle of religious freedom for all," the FRC wrote, "that liberty was never intended to exalt other religions to the level that Christianity holds in our country's heritage."

The group added, "Our Founders expected that Christianity -- and no other religion -- would receive support from the government as long as that support did not violate peoples' consciences and their right to worship. They would have found utterly incredible the idea that all religions, including paganism, be treated with equal deference."

The Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United, said an attack such as this is telling about the Religious Right's regard for non-Christian religious minorities.

Link

Brace yourself for an establishment of a religion, and even if you're a Christian, I doubt the values of these guys reflect yours.

If this isn't a political conspiracy, then I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanx for the links.

Those guys from the Family Research Council ain't right in the head, er umm.. heart.

I'm a Christian who has studied scriptures since I could read the Bible. I'm also a lifelong Republican. I can assure anyone reading this, the Bush administration and this looney religious Republican Right do not reflect the Christian faith, whatsoever. (And I'm a southern Baptis!) They may talk a good game; but they are deeply corrupt.

[edit on 7/1/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Occurs they are the most prominent Religious Right lobbying group in Washington, D.C., They are backed up by Freak I mean Frist and Delay.

This people may push religion but the majority of the American people are "religious" as long as you don't push the issue to much.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I agree.

I think the problem is with the media, though. The media has ascribed way too much power to the religious right. I'd say they only hold about 30-40% of real power. The rest is way overblown.

top topics

join