It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Sandra O'Connor "Pushed Out" After Dissenting Vote on Govt. Seizures ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why would Sandra Day O'Connor, a woman that is a considered a Hero to many Americans, call it Quits when she is only 75 years old. Why would she give up on the people that need her in office. She has been the swing vote in a lot of important decisions, until recently.

Her "Dissenting Vote" against the new judgement that The U.S Govt. can Seize your Home... will be her final legacy, and the last time "The People" had a voice in the Supreme Court.

So... why did she retire? Was she tired of the Bully-ing from the Bush Administration? Was she scorned after her recent decision? Did a Higher Power like King George, tell her to step down? or was she just done with being a Supreme Court Judge?

I honestly do not understand how she can step down, and betray the american people. At least she could have waited until 2008 when the Democrats have a chance to take back the White House.

From here, it looks bleak for The American People. Bush will undoubtably try to push for a Right Wing Conservative Judge, to appease his power base the Christians. The Democrats will try to fillibuster any Conservative Nomination, and then would we see the "Nuclear Option" used by the Republicans?

Thank You, Sandra Day O Connor for your years of Service to the American People. May you live the rest of your days in peace knowing that you served you nation well. History will no doubt remember you as a True American Hero, and not just to women. Thank You.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Why would Sandra Day O'Connor, a woman that is a considered a Hero to many Americans, call it Quits when she is only 75 years old. Why would she give up on the people that need her in office. She has been the swing vote in a lot of important decisions, until recently.

maybe u can read why she is "retiring". no President can "push" somebody from the Judicial system. its possible they may have some dirt on her. its possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sandra Day O'Connor is a Republican, why would she want to wait until a Democrat took the White House? In fact she was quoted as swearing to high heaven when it appeared Gore was going to win in 2000, since she wanted to retire and she didn't want a Democrat to name her successor.

If she was "pushed out" for her dissenting vote, why weren't the other dissenters?

She stepped down because I think her husband has medical issues and wants to spend time with him, sorry but this is not a conspiracy, at least not along the lines you are thinking with this post.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
For what's it's worth (as I cited in another thread), the Heritage Foundation (read "Moral Majority") realeased an internal e-mail yesterday that Sandra O'Connor was retiring.

After the small tornado it created, they clarified it was a different Sandra O'Connor (a state attorney).

Then Sandra Day O'Connor followed suit.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Pushed out? Sandra Day O'Connor? Not a chance.

She was the swing vote in 2000 presidential election (bringing a hault to the counting of votes).

Dubya loves Judge O'Connor.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No, I believe that since she is 75, and has a brain in her head. She wants to relax and live out her days with her family. Just have a life, without all the controversy that she has lived through for twenty years. Oh, what a twenty years it has been. She will be sorely missed.

On another note I think that Reinquist should have retired, considering his age 80 yrs old and health issues. I really thought that it would have been him to retire. He looks terrible.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhiannon1968
On another note I think that Reinquist should have retired, considering his age 80 yrs old and health issues. I really thought that it would have been him to retire. He looks terrible.

Maybe, like Pope John Paul was for so long, he isn't ready to relinquish control just yet.

[edit on 7/1/05 by EastCoastKid]

top topics

join