It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad ATS, bad.....

page: 1

join
share:
SMR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You know, 2 threads were closed while discussion were going on and I think that sucks.

One ( about the WTC/bombs issue )
People were still providing content.And even though a few posts got nasty, it was still being debated.This is not the first time, nor the last.We have seen it many times in many threads.

The other one that really pisses me off is the one titled A 757 did NOT hit the Pentagon.
Why was this closed?
Why was CatHeader allowed to create his thread when we had already been talking the same issue in 5 ( FIVE! ) different threads?
What really looks bad is the fact that we have a topic that is started by ATS on the matter, all neat and praised.Still the fact is that same CONTENT made by CH was ALREADY in another 757/Pentagon thread.

Now someone comes along and has information for a rebuttal to that thread called 'A Boing 757 did NOT hit the Pentagon'
It was said to search, read the other thread which was to SUPPORT the opposite of what this later post stater wanted to say, then closed.
WTF!!!

I think it's crap and it is unfair.Those that closed the said 2 threads just made ATS look bad in many eyes.

Why is PRO allowed to be, and CON is not?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Another consiracy, why didn't you use the "suggestions" button rather than this drama bomb?

I was involved with the first and it had become a total mess. I hope all involved read SkepticOverlords last post there.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yes I read "SO's" post and he was right, sad though, there was some good info going back and forth.

[edit on 1/7/2005 by Sauron]

SMR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have done that before many times and nothing was solved.It's a waste of time IMO.And it's not another consiracy.Why do people always start off saying that crap.

I made this post not to cause drama, but to let it be known that some threads here get closed because of biased feelings.
I can understand why the first was closed.Fine, it started turning into a slam fest.But the second had no reason to be closed.None what so ever.

If CatHeader was allowed to make a thread called 'A Boeing 757 did hit the Pentagon', then I feel someone can make a thread titled 'A Boeing 757 did NOT hit the Pentagon'

Why was CH not told to search or continue in the other threads discussing the same thing.

I feel members should see some moderation is based on personal feelings rather than board motto.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by SMR]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I feel members should see some moderation is based on personal feelings rather than board motto.

That is the last thing we need. Personally, I'd trash this thread.

We are discourage from modding by personal feelings and I believe this is correct.

SMR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well personally I feel thats how it is and Im sure many others do as well.They just dont speak up.
I'd like to note that this IS Board Questions & Business and seems to be the place to discuss this, is it not?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I'd like to note that this IS Board Questions & Business and seems to be the place to discuss this, is it not?

Yes it is Board Questions & Business, not the Whine and Cheese Forum.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
SMR,

I know we won’t always agree on everything but I hope we can come to an understanding when it comes to issues like this. Sometimes we make mistakes or bad judgment calls because we are in fact human just like most of our members.

If you think a thread has been closed in error the best thing for a member to do is file a complaint through the “Gripe/Help” function. This way ALL moderators and staff members will be able to review the suggestion/recommendation in the privacy of a private forum avoiding unnecessary board drama. This is what I suggest in this case.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
This way ALL moderators and staff members will be able to review the suggestion/recommendation in the privacy of a private forum avoiding unnecessary board drama. This is what I suggest in this case.

Don't forget the Councilors!

Now Councilors and their assistants can also see complaints and advocate for the membership where applicable.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I registered a complaint, and within 2 minutes, I recieved a reply, and a solution. So the complaint button is functional.! I can attest to what djohnsto77 says..

SMR

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nice post Gazrok
Im sure it got plenty of giggles

As I said, I have used that butten a few times and NEVER recieved a reply.It was as if whoever answered it didnt care.Perhaps it didnt work? Whatever the case, even a PM to a mod with the same issues never got resolved.So I dont see the use in it for me if it just goes ignored.

My point is, I if your going to close the said thread because you want them to discuss it in another, then you may as well close 90% of the UFO/ALIEN threads as they are the same redundant topics and talk.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OK, let's put this to bed. I'm here every day, usually after 4pm EST, and through the day on occasion, if you have a concern, u2u me and I'll get back to you. Does that satisfy?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
SMR, all I can say (and being the highest of powers on ATS I can) is you are the boy who cried wolf.

There is such a thing as a Complaint/Comments button, use the damn thing! All you seem to do is moan about this website in every post of yours I come across.

Why don't you go off to website that is dedicated to being mocked and has no other purpose than to take flack from unhappy netizens.

new topics

top topics

join