It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS memo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been posted, but i thought it was relevant;

”Limited Specific Information to suggest terrorists may be planning to target 4th of July celebration activities”

1 July 2005: A "Law Enforcement Sensitive" memo released by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security stated that they have “limited specific information” that terrorists might be planning to attack celebrations during the July 4th holiday. Specific targets include those that could result in “mass causality events” and targets of a symbolic nature. Other potential targets specified:

# Nuclear power plants, dams, and other power generating facilities;
# Fuel farms, gas stations, refineries, pipelines;
# Subways, passenger trains and trains carrying toxic substances
# Financial institutions & government facilities
# Civil Aviation

The memo also detailed the increasing likelihood of suicide bombers conducting operations inside the U.S.

--Homelandsecurityus.com

Any change in the threat level you think?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
And this my friends, is why I lock me and my family indoors during any holiday or celebration...or any other time for that matter.

Keep an eye out, pay attention, and stay safe people. These savages are out to get us.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And this my friends, is why I lock me and my family indoors during any holiday or celebration...or any other time for that matter.

I see the terrorists have won.

This is nothing more than the latest chapter in a government psyops operation to keep the people in check.

How many people will be killed in car accidents this holiday weekend? More than terrorism even if there is a terrorist attack.

Go out and enjoy your holiday!

Maybe really think about what it stands for and then ask yourselves if those that made it possible were locked up in their houses cowered in fear by lies and manipulation.

I mean "limited specific information"?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree with you to the fullest extent. The main root of terrorism is fear. We can not let them win.
on the other hand, it does not hurt to stay informed, which is what i was trying to do

[edit on 1-7-2005 by tregan]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They havent won.

I do what I can to keep my family safe. I dont have faith that my government is doing what it can to keep my family from harm, so I need to do what I have within my power to do it. And thats keep them from unneccessary large gatherings of people.

I will continue to do this as long as my government cannot control its borders.

The slimebags havent won by a long shot, but the good guys havent convinced me that its safe yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is the fourth year of their empty terror alerts.
Do they have specific information?
Do they have suspects?
No, they have guesswork.
Great we pay them how many billions of dollars to geuss?

I can guess for a few grand a year.

How about the real threat, they want to dump 175,000 pounds of
inert VX nerve gas into the Deleware River.
Saying its safe, only to be found out they were lying again
The material can go on fire as it evaporates between 60 and 88 degrees.
Basically not only are they willing to possibly poison millions on the jersey shore
where the deleware river empties, but they also risk burning all those people alive.

Whose the terrorists then?
Who made the VX nerve gas (and sold it to Saddam)?

The army says (falsely) the VX is as safe as drain cleaner.
What do you thin would happen if you dumped 175,000 pounds of drain cleaner into the Deleware River? How many life sentences do you think you would get?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Don't they come out with this crap every holiday?

The chances of being caught in a terrorist attack are so small you might as well go out anyway, you're more likely to hurt yourself at home.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
This is the fourth year of their empty terror alerts.
Do they have specific information?
Do they have suspects?
No, they have guesswork.
Great we pay them how many billions of dollars to geuss?

Classified intelligence sources come from various chatters and tidbits from the National Security Agency and its sister facilities around the world, the largest intelligence agency in the US.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
havnt they said this for every single major event since 9/11?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lol, quite funny to see this thread.

Why you ask?

Well, early this afternoon(early morning for the US peeps), in ATS chat I asked:

"Its strikes me odd that with the 4th of July comming so close there hasn't been any terror alerts issue'd or information about Terrorist attacks posted yet. Last year we had all sorts of alerts and information refering to terrorist attacks all over the place."

Seems they read my statement in chat and found they needed to do something about it :p

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There will be more people killed by car accidents and murders this weekend than by any terrorists. Identify the real problems and deal with them. Ummm.....can you say out of control crime rate in the US. Maybe that should be the focus of your attention. Not that someday terrorists may strike us.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yeah they always say this when a major event or holiday is coming up, I’m still going out to have fun, I live in Philly and I’m going to see the Live 8 concert and going to be there for the 4th of July celebrations.

join