It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's pretty sad what this Country is coming to.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If this artical doesn't scare you, it should! It's definatly messed up. I mean, has it really come to the point where reading in public can bring the F.B.I down on your heels??

it seems like a dark day when an American citizen regards reading as a threat, and downright pitch-black when the federal government agrees.

www.atlanta.creativeloafing.com...
Tell me what you think!

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I heard about that in the move Se7en. A very good movie.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

figure out the article was Hal Crowther's "Weapons of Mass Stupidity" from the Weekly Planet, a free independent out of Tampa.

I read the same article (I live near Tampa),

Damn, now who's that at the door?

Big deal....

They were just following up. Hell, if they had done that for some of the 9/11 tips, it would have never happened. Now, if he had been arrested or something.... He cooperated, and he'll never see them again, and he has a good story to tell his friends....

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I read the same article (I live near Tampa), Damn now who's that at the door.

Yeah I read it. *grins* But I agree. If they had done that before 9-11 it wouldn't have happened. They already had some tip offs. They should have acted.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Unless they wanted it to happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All I can add to this is: Get in line.....a whole lot more people saying and feeling as you do......
Tissues will be handed out as required......
Please stay in line for your own safety and convenience...

Thank you for your cooperation.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Which is seeming more and more appearant. I mean, there is way to much going toward the fact that they DID want it to happen that DIDNOT want it to happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho

Originally posted by Satyr

Which is seeming more and more appearant. I mean, there is way to much going toward the fact that they DID want it to happen that DIDNOT want it to happen.

I suppose it's possible that they did. But how can people want so many people to die! Maybe they didn't care, as long as they could start a war...

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Oh, gosh, after the first insinuation, I am afraid I'd would've been put on the FBI's "jackass citizen" list. The morons can't even arrest you in their own office if the building isn't properly seated federal territory. Right wrong or indifferent in their reason for inverstigation, there's something about authority that has started to chap my skinny-white arse.
No, I know what it is. It is the lack of understanding of the constitution, both on the part of the law enforcement as well as the citizenry.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ascachamion
I suppose it's possible that they did. But how can people want so many people to die! Maybe they didn't care, as long as they could start a war...

Why should it bother them? They're killing Iraqis, and they weren't even involved. Murder is murder. I don't see how nationality would matter much to a murderer. Americans, Iraqis, they're all just casualties.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No, I know what it is. It is the lack of understanding of the constitution, both on the part of the law enforcement as well as the citizenry.

Selling freedom for something as trivial as a false sense of security, is what bothers me. Americans are being fooled into relinquishing their freedom with threats of insecurity and danger. Remind me again...who are the terrorists?

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Remind me again...who are the terrorists?

That's something I'd like to know, we go in there we kill them, restlessly, all because they decide to kick out the weapon inspectors, hell if I ran a country I wouldn't want other countries sticking there noses in my country's buisness! And we didn't evan find wmd! so what was the point......

join