It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 9000 Dead U.S. Soldiers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
this will shed on some light where the men and women in uniform have died from Iraq and Afghanistan as well as where they were based at.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wow, Uk_United...
Not trying to slam you, but you really don't know what you're talking about. I suggest reading through all of this thread, take 10 deep breathes, and try again.

1. The government isn't the one releasing the casualty figures.
2. There's no way you can cover up that many deaths. Period.
3. There's no reason for the army to cover up that many deaths.
4. Why do you believe those numbers? Simply because you hate the US government? That's not a very good reason. There is 0 evidence the numbers are that high. 0.
5. How did the names of the 1800 get released and not the get released?
6. How? How did thousands of soldiers die unnoticed? Every battle, every IED that goes off is documented with the casualties. For that many people to die that would mean be there would have to have been dozens if not hundreds of intense battles that somehow went unnoticed. In this day and age, that is impossible. How how did those thousands die? If that many really did die, it wasn't because they were fighting in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AjiieiTxckecnQEZxRBeIPdsbEwB;_ylu=X3o'___'BiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

here is an example, the DoD reports the date and the number of dead kill on specific dates, after notifying the soldier's or soldiers' families they will release their names and wat branch they are from, these reports are posted daily to inform the public.

As of Monday, July 4, 2005, at least 1,744 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count. At least 1,343 died as a result of hostile action. The figures include five military civilians.

The AP count is four higher than the Defense Department's tally, last updated at 10 a.m. EDT Friday.

The latest identification reported by the military:

• Army Spc. Ryan J. Montgomery, 22, Greensburg, Ky.; died Sunday when an explosive detonated near his vehicle in Baghdad, Iraq; assigned to the Army National Guard's 1st Battalion, 623rd Field Artillery Regiment, Campbellsville, Ky.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Tapeworm
The Admin lied to start the war so why should I believe anything else, such as an "official" count of dead US military. It is obvious they would tend to keep this number low as possible. Support for the war is dwindling, evident by Bush's speech the other night reminding us all why we are in Iraq. I just can't believe anything that comes from the gov't plain and simple. While it may not be 9,000 dead, I know that the official count is far from true also. Support the troops! Bring them home!

If it was up to the government we wouldn't know any death count at all. The death count is not from the gov. It's from numerous sources, namely the military who HAS to keep a death count. They have NO reason to cover up any deaths as military leaders didn't want to go to war the way we did either.

Besides your hatred of Bush is there any reason why you don't believe the 1800 number?

Well I'm not sure how you deduced that I have hatred for Bush in the few sentences that I typed, but who am I to judge. My feelings and reactions to the admin would be better summed up as these: distrust, disbelief, WTF? no way!, holy crap!, and an overall feeling of "some folks are buying this?" not hatred really, as they are just human. I think that kind of sums up why I don't believe ANYTHING at face value that the gov't, DOD, CIA, whomever provides, born skeptic I guess

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I did not read all of this thread... when I read the title a thought popped into my head...

If there really were 9000 dead U.S. soldiers where are the families ?
Wouldn't we be hearing more from the families of the fallen?

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join