It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 9000 Dead U.S. Soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
cough.....cough...

nevermind, because I saw it on Rense.com, so it must be true...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Umm 1800 deaths is nothing....9000 is nothing....1,000,000 is kind of a lot...........whats the big deal?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'd have an easier time believing these pages, if one didn't give me a 404 Page Not Found error, they didn't put the pictures over the text they expect you to read, and they didn't put an "eyewitness" report of Donald Rumsfeld curling up in the fetal position and sucking his thumb.

The military unit is a family. When one suffers hardship, they all come together to support them. If there were 9000 dead in Iraq there would be evidence of it. You wouldn't be able to get that many people to keep quiet. There are only so many units over there, so the odds are that one or another would be taking major casualties to make up the 9000 "dead". And as far as them not reporting soldiers that die in the hospital, I've heard many reports of how a soldier was wounded, and died later in the hospital with his family around him. Or how his family made the decision to take them off life support, etc.

MBF

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was told by someone there that if someone was wounded badly that they would be taken out of Iraq very fast so that if they died they would not be counted as being killed IN Iraq.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Or maybe they were taken out quickly to SAVE THEIR LIFE by getting them to one of the best hospitals in the world. The hospital in Germany is second to none when it comes to combat injuries. Why in gods name would you NOT rush someone who was badly wounded to a hospital???

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
I was told by someone there that if someone was wounded badly that they would be taken out of Iraq very fast so that if they died they would not be counted as being killed IN Iraq.

Right! I hope the DARPA is working very hard and fast on developing a teleportation device!

"Captain America, I've got a badly wounded soldier here that need to be transported to Germany right away!"

"No problem, Corporal... I have you two locked in and ready to beam out of Iraq."

But seriously, the US military have few very competent medical corps operating in Iraq who can quickly determine which seriously wounded soldiers should go to Landstuhl, Germany and which can be quickly operated on in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That's why they send a large portion of the wounded there. If they can't treat them quickly in country, they get sent to Germany.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

VA Faces $2.6 Billion Shortfall in Medical Care
Agency Undercounted Size of Returning Force
By Thomas B. Edsall
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 29, 2005; Page A19

Veterans Affairs budget documents projected that 23,553 veterans would return this year from Iraq and Afghanistan and seek medical treatment. However, Veterans Affairs Secretary Jim Nicholson told a Senate committee that the number has been revised upward to 103,000 for the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30. He said the original estimates were based on outdated assumptions from 2002.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Well, they were only 70,000 'wrong' with the injured list....

[edit on 1-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I knew it!! It's all Israels fault!! They're the REAL terrorists blowing up the car bombs and brain washing the children in Iraq! It even says so in the article so it HAS to be true. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Veterans does not men injured, it means the number people returning from their tour in Iraq and Afghanistan, some of them may be injured or not. The mismatch of numbers is due to the fact that no one is certain how many will come home at the end of the year or how many will say there due to their tour extending.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Not to mention that "medical treatment" can mean many things. Not necessarily that they were injured. It could mean counselling, it could mean injury, it could mean that they got sick before coming home......

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The fact is that the Bush Administration, the CIA, Department of Defense, and who ever else the conspiracy theorists want to include cannot hide 9000 deaths. Its impossible. Next these people are going to say we actually lost 100,000 troops in Vietnam.

And trying to tie Isreal into the mix is a real gem. Yeah, them dirty Jews must be in on it too! Please, Isreal has better things to do than include us in thier Zionist conspiracy.

Oh, Im I have Jewish heritage, and am not anti-semetic, before anyone gets pissed about me calling Jews dirty.

[edit on 05/7/2 by WissNX01]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
You really think with all the media attention on casualties it would be so simple to keep an additional 7,000 deaths completely invisible from their hometowns?

What media attention to casualties? I don't see epic stories covering any of the 13,000+ injured soldiers. Nothing from the vet hospitals, no interviews of the brain traumas, amputees, life time cripples.

Maybe you magically imagine "media attention".

Americans are being killed at an average of 2.3 a day, IN IRAQ, on the ground.
The Injury rate is even higher, and all those that are injured don't always survive a day, two days, three days, a week, a month later.

How many suicides have occured among our troops? You don't see figures for that either.

What an asinine thing to ask: "Where are all the famiies"
Where are any of the families of the report 1,800 dead, and 13,000 wounded?
Do we see them anywhere, do we hear any of them grieving?

No instead we hear Bush say "its worth it", when he has not a single child who has lost life or limb to his war.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Yeah and I was told by someone that they have been to 10 alien planets and speak an alien language.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Veterans does not men injured, it means the number people returning from their tour in Iraq and Afghanistan, some of them may be injured or not. The mismatch of numbers is due to the fact that no one is certain how many will come home at the end of the year or how many will say there due to their tour extending.

They were still out by 70,000 thou, pretty big difference to what they had accounted for.
When a re-count was done they realised they are $2 billion in the hole to fund them.

Just more weight to a possability that delaying or supressing the numbers of injured and dead from this war could very well be due to a lack of money to compensate, treat etc.

Asking for billions more to medicate a hundred thousand soldiers this year is a pretty obvious sign that the war isn't going as well as they suggest and doesn't look like it's getting better which only equals more money.

When money is involved, it doesn't take much for a human life to become worthless.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Actually, I've watched a bunch of interviews with amputees, and brain injured soldiers, and other wounded soldiers. Just as I've seen a lot of families talking about their sons and daughters after they were killed. But if there were 9000+ dead there would be no way they could keep it quiet. The families of different units would get together, and start putting 2 and 2 together, and coming up with 5 and start to ask questions. SOMEONE would have come forward by now. Like the saying goes, "The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead."

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think you forget the VA treats all veterans, not just ones from Iraq. There are still about 20 million veterans alive that have fought since WWII. YOu dont think all those heros should be turned away from the VA because it doesnt have money, do you? No, they shouldnt. They are every bit as valuable as an Iraq War veteran.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
But if there were 9000+ dead there would be no way they could keep it quiet. The families of different units would get together, and start putting 2 and 2 together, and coming up with 5 and start to ask questions. SOMEONE would have come forward by now. Like the saying goes, "The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead."

So when will people come forward? At 9,000 or 8,000 or 7,000 or 6,000 or 5,000 or 4,000 or 3,000.
We are at close to 2,000 and I don't see any big hooha going on.

Tens of thousands marched against this war, they barely got news coverage.
10 Million world wide marched against the war, who listened, how quickly were they forgotten?

More than 13,000 soldiers have been injured. Where is this great mob of families speaking out?
The ones that are sure the hell aren't getting any news coverage.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
Next these people are going to say we actually lost 100,000 troops in Vietnam.

Actually the official number is 58,226 killed or missing in action.

But I guess that number isn't big enough to make a dent in the think skulls around here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join