It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 9000 Dead U.S. Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Forget what ya heard this IS the REAL truth. baltimore.indymedia.org...

[edit on 2-7-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 4-7-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
As of June 25, 2005, 1,814 US soldiers have died. Mostly from improvised explosive devices.

cryptome.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If you can hide any death count nowadays then, well, you should be ruling the earth.
.....Because you have supernatural powers.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
read the article

it says that 1800 men died IN iraq
and that over 7000 more died on route to hospitals or base in Germany and were NOT counted because they were NOT in iraq any longer

if this is true , it makes sense

i understand why they are playing down the death toll figures

they know americans will freak the F out when they learn 9000 have died

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Right...

And the families of these mysterious people who "died on the way to medical facilities" have all amazingly been sworn to secrecy.

Friends of families of the 1,800 who died in Iraq have been quite vocal and noticable.

Friends and families of the other 7,000 who died in the precise same time period have all vanished to some other planet I guess?

Let's say each of them has 5 loved ones (i'm being very easy here because most people have more) we're talking 35,000 people who have somehow just shut up.

You really think with all the media attention on casualties it would be so simple to keep an additional 7,000 deaths completely invisible from their hometowns?

I think a little dose of journalistic integrity is necessary for whoever wrote that.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Really now, please check out the source of this
This is typical piece from DisinformationTiger. For those of you new here. it usualy follows this approach:

1) Find the least credible source
2) Start a thread with ALL CAPS somewhere in the title or a sensational headline
3) One sentance blurb comprises the body of the post
4) Place the link to the aformentioned crappy source
5) Repeat Often
6) Complain about removal of posts

:shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Right...

And the families of these mysterious people who "died on the way to medical facilities" have all amazingly been sworn to secrecy.

Friends of families of the 1,800 who died in Iraq have been quite vocal and noticable.

Friends and families of the other 7,000 who died in the precise same time period have all vanished to some other planet I guess?

Let's say each of them has 5 loved ones (i'm being very easy here because most people have more) we're talking 35,000 people who have somehow just shut up.

You really think with all the media attention on casualties it would be so simple to keep an additional 7,000 deaths completely invisible from their hometowns?

I think a little dose of journalistic integrity is necessary for whoever wrote that.

What if the families of the 9000 dead soldiers think that there sons and daughters were part of the 1,800 dead.

I don’t know if there is a list or something naming all the 1,800 dead but if they do then the family members can check to see if there children are on that list.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This might not be so hard to believe.
I don't ever remember hearing about an attack against troops being revised with an upward death toll. The media always reports who died there and then, at the scene of an attack.

I have no doubt that death/casualty figures are being massaged to keep the real human costs hidden from the American public.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Please review facts first. The 1800 is a total of all who have died as a RESULT of the war. This includes ones who have died in the hosiptal or en route to the hostpital.

What if the families of the 9000 dead soldiers think that there sons and daughters were part of the 1,800 dead.

I don’t know if there is a list or something naming all the 1,800 dead but if they do then the family members can check to see if there children are on that list.

lol, highly unlikely. (Family is told first before any public release btw)

Bottom line, you can't hide that many people dead.
You also aren't going to get that many dead from these terrorists. We're not fighting an organized army here. You're not going to kill 9000 trained soldiers from IEDs and suicide bombings alone. To do that you would need 7-10 years, but........you'd run out of terrorist before that happens.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

None of them knew the real numbers parsay , but from what they had seen and heard they guessed between 3000 dead (all colation members including private security) to over 8000 dead. all agreed how ever that the total wounded was over 40,000

posted in January of this year.

This has been mentioned way back it seems, maybe theres alot more too it than one would imagine.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

lol, highly unlikely. (Family is told first before any public release btw)

Bottom line, you can't hide that many people dead.
You also aren't going to get that many dead from these terrorists. We're not fighting an organized army here. You're not going to kill 9000 trained soldiers from IEDs and suicide bombings alone. To do that you would need 7-10 years, but........you'd run out of terrorist before that happens.

I know that family is told first but that does not mean that all of the families will be told together. Plus allot of the deaths that occur does not make it to the news. I know this because my brother is over there and he tells me stories of how dumb the marines are and how stupid they die because of the dumb sh!t they do.

Actually yes you can as long as you control the media.
These terrorist are also highly trained and guess who trained them?
They will never run out of terrorist reasons being that when you bomb a stronghold and kill 1 terrorist and family member you get an entire family turning towards terrorism. And when you have people who think they are superior to you and don’t know how to work with people in a civilized way and police them and take advantage of them you will never win there hearts over you would just fuel the fire.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I dispute the accuracy, source and motives of this posting.

I am content to rely on the published total of roughly KIA.

What is of critical concern to me however is that portion of the casualty figure generated by roadside bombs, IEDs, suicide bombers, snipers.... etc.

Never to my mind has a conflict been fought wherein such elements have taken such a drastic toll. It is a weapon being employed, against which we have yet to mount a successful defense. This failure to compensate, after so long IS INEXCUSEABLE.

The cavalry charges of history were rendered useless by the machine gun. The resulting reliance on plodding infantry advances, led to the vast entrenchments of WWI. The trench-busting abilities of the Armored Tank was offset by the developement of the bazooka. The use of the aircraft in WWI brought about the AA gun. Unrestricted Submarine warfare preceded the advances in sonar detection and depth charges.
We continue to engage in a conflict without equivalent weaponry. The never to be questioned bravery of our fine sons/daughters is being wasted by a military that seems to have no plan to adequately arm them.

More damning however is the possibility that we have all along possessed precisely the armament for the task, but refuse to use it on the premise of 'political correctness' by pandering politicians.

Our youth is sent to the desert to serve as bulls-eyes for an endless stream of Muslim fanatics.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Right...

Bing, bing, bing! Pretty much says it all, no?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
Plus allot of the deaths that occur does not make it to the news.

It may not make it to the news, but it is still counted and families are still told.

Actually yes you can as long as you control the media.

There are dozens of media in Iraq, alot of whom could care less about the US and are certainly NOT controlled by the US. This day and age it is nearly impossible to pull something like that off and get away with it. They couldn't even do it during Vietnam, so what makes you think they could pull it off now?

These terrorist are also highly trained and guess who trained them?

Oh God I hope you're not suggesting we trained these morons. I'd really like to see how you came to that conclusion.

They will never run out of terrorist reasons being that when you bomb a stronghold and kill 1 terrorist and family member you get an entire family turning towards terrorism.

This is a unproven myth.
That's like saying if one person in my or your family turns into a criminal, then is shot and killed by police, then the whole family turns into criminals. It just doesn't work that way.

And when you have people who think they are superior to you and don’t know how to work with people in a civilized way and police them and take advantage of them you will never win there hearts over you would just fuel the fire.

You know people in Iraq right? Well good, then you know that is far from the case with our troops and their relationships with the Iraqi people.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
While I do believe that many, many soldiers died AFTER being evacuated and are not being reported, I concur with this site's assessment:

Believe the Military?
Numerous reports have surfaced on the web claiming that the US government is covering up thousands of US deaths from the war in Iraq:

There is excellent reason to believe that the Department of Defense is deliberately not reporting a significant number of the dead in Iraq. We have received copies of manifests from the MATS that show far more bodies shipped into Dover AFP than are reported officially. The educated rumor is that the actual death toll is in excess of 7,000. [emphasis mine]

How can anyone think the above credible? Why not post these "copies of manifests" on the web? Go to your local Kinko's, scan them, convert to pdf and find an anonymous ftp server.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That "educated rumor" asserted and sourced by antiwar.com needs to be confirmed as more than what it simply is: a guess. The "educated" aspect is BS.

Freakin' media and its 'no name' or 'unnamed source(s)' is and has been a major "crime" in many applied cases. If you got the proof, then spill it, name of sources and all. Don't give me the "educated guess" crap, cause quite frankly, it IS crap. Nothing but "educated" conjecture and assertions to me.

I'm growing increasing pissed at all this conjecture and assertions based on some half crackpot source which got his information from another fully crackpot source, etc. :shk:

My take: Put up or shut up. Simple as that.

seekerof

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are you all serious? C'mon now people, use your damn god-given brains!

There are NOT 9,000 dead U.S. soldiers. I repeat, there are NOT 9,000 dead U.S. soldiers.

A) Media would be all over it.
B) 9,000 soldiers dead would not be covered up by the literally thousands of media sources covering on-going events in the middle east.

Jesus Christ, do you all really want to see the U.S. fail? First thing I'm doing when I get over there is prove all you nutcases wrong. Secondly, I'm going to protect all your rights to say bullsh*t like this. Sorry for the hostility, but as a soldier myself, hearing crap like this hurts. Why? Because as a soldier, the worst thing you can possibly hear is that your buddy died. That's 9,000 buddies dead.

-wD

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You obviously didn't even read the source I posted. You really should before you come to such conclusions.

It DEBUNKS the rumour.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It may not make it to the news, but it is still counted and families are still told.

Agree

There are dozens of media in Iraq, alot of whom could care less about the US and are certainly NOT controlled by the US. This day and age it is nearly impossible to pull something like that off and get away with it. They couldn't even do it during Vietnam, so what makes you think they could pull it off now?

Do you watch/read/listen to those media sources? And if you do you would right it off as propaganda.

Oh God I hope you're not suggesting we trained these morons. I'd really like to see how you came to that conclusion.
The U.S. trained Taliban and the Taliban trained them. The U.S. also trained Iraqi police/military that turned on the U.S. and are fighting them now (Got that Information from a soldier in the U.S. Army who is in Iraq right now.)

This is a unproven myth.
That's like saying if one person in my or your family turns into a criminal, then is shot and killed by police, then the whole family turns into criminals.
No it's not. The terrorist in Iraq are not criminals they are fighting for something they strongly believe in and the culture and people are very very different from yours.

You know people in Iraq right? Well good, then you know that is far from the case with our troops and their relationships with the Iraqi people.
Your right I know people figthing in Iraq and they say it's not all of them it's just the Marines.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Killak420]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You obviously didn't even read the source I posted. You really should before you come to such conclusions.

It DEBUNKS the rumour.

the ABCnews and CBS and other media reports the casualties and they didnt say 9000 dead. unless u think they are lying or are stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join