It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian 5th Generation Fighter Mockup Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Greetings,

As it appears Seekerof locked the other thread, due to a TAC breach. I thought I should post another thread about this topic.

From all accounts, it looks like the Russians are really pushing to become a creditable airforce, once again, with plans to have at least 60% of its airforce being modern 4th and 5th generation aircraft by 2012. It appears they have also gone the way of the other nations with the hope of sharing the costs with other nations, with the JSF currently having most of the Western World involved, Russia may want to do the same for the rest.

As we all know the Russians can design aircraft that are simple, cheap to operate, formitable and cheap to buy, some thing which appeals to many nations, I suppose China, could become involved, but with their J-10 program it seems unlikely, although I could see India becoming involved.

At the minute the Design looks similar in some repects to the F-22 on the placement of the engines, but in my opinion that is where it ends, it appears that they have developed these designs off their Experience with the effective Su 30 and their Su 37. They are due to have stealth and super cruise ability, based on the design, they may employ the Su 37 bomb bay.

Hopefully we should see more information on these beasts, as they are due for their first flights by 2007.

- Phil

Large Line Diagram

The fifth generation fighter plane under development at Sukhoi Aircraft Corporation is to make its maiden flight in 2007. "The development of the fifth generation fighter is proceeding in strict compliance with the schedule and the plane will be flight-tested in 2007," the Russian Air Chief, General Vladimir Mikhailov, said while visiting Kubinka airbase near here. Russia has offered India a stake in its fifth generation fighter programme and the issue was discussed during President A P J Abdul Kalam's recent Russian tour, when the Indian President visited Sukhoi Aircraft Corporation. According to Sukhoi sources, the experience accumulated during the implementation of Su-30MKI fighter project for the Indian Air Force provides a 'solid ground'' for the Indo-Russian interaction in developing the fifth generation fighter, which would match the US JSF project. According to Kremlin Military Aide Alexander Burutin, by 2012 the Russian Air Force will have up to 60 per cent of new inventory. "A new armament programme has been developed and we shall achieve this parameter by 2010-2012," Burutin was quoted as saying by ITAR-TASS.

- India Daily
www.newsindia.com...

Russian has offered Indian partnership in the 5th generation combat aircraft project, but New Delhi has not made up its mind and wants a detailed report on the proposal, the Press Trust of India reported Monday.

"They have given a proposal but we have asked them to give more details. We will then examine, We have not made up anything in ourmind," Chairman and Managing Director of the public sector of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited N.R.Mohanty said in Bangalore.

Mohanty said such a project requires a lot of funds, adding thatRussians have proposed to jointly design, develop and eventually produce by sharing costs.

He said he has also spoken to Indian Defense Minister George Fernandes in this regard, but clarified that no decision has been taken regarding Indian participation in the project.

From the Russian side, project initiator is Aviation Military Industrial Complex Sukhoi, whose officials say the mid-sized aircraft is proposed to be built in single and two-seater versions.

The aircraft would have stealth and supersonic flight features, according to Mikhail Pogosyan, Director of Sukhoi Design Bureau, who was in Bangalore to attend the five-day Aero India 2003 aerospace exposition that concluded Sunday.

- People's Daily
english.people.com.cn...

[edit on 1-7-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I had started a thread on this just when the news broke out about its 2007 test, and included a compilation of all of its pics, details and artist impressions but the russian developments hating mods deleted it under the stupid excuse that the pics i posted were not resized...can you believe that !

here's the thread in the trash bin.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i bet i'll be warned/banned for this and this thread too will be trashed by the mods

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
BTW: China have not been offered participation in the PAK-FA programme.

And India are too busy working on their own stealthy MCA with the same role as the PAK-FA :

Also it wont be impossible to get the F-35 as well :
www.bharat-rakshak.com...
www.indianexpress.com...

and now they are threatening to ban me.

So much for deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What is an ugly "simple" aircraft like this which just scrabble Su-47 to a swept wing. I really think that only a rubbish or other useless mockup, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
What is an ugly "simple" aircraft like this which just scrabble Su-47 to a swept wing. I really think that only a rubbish or other useless mockup, nothing more.

And you miss the whole point........

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Lots of round and curved surfaces on that plane. Pointy things too. Id be curious to know what kind of radar return it has.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice thread on the the PAK-FA details

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

as posted by Stealth Spy
....and now they are threatening to ban me.

Hmmm, let me see here.
Between you leveling unfounded assertions on moderators, your acts of plagiarism, your continued topic disruption with chinawhite, your continued ignoring of staff requests to stop posting oversized image/photos, and the numerous red-flag warns you have already recieved, you should be and feel real fortunate that you have not been banned already!

How about bear that in mind the next time that you decided to run off at the mouth. As some moderators can atest to, I have stepped up to the plate for you on a number of occasions and what do you do in return? Obviously, your continued not heeding my requests on certain matters and the continued leveling of assertions and claims. Thank you mate, but my going to the plate for you has come to an end. You reap what you sow from here on out, Stealth Spy.

As for the topic, if tests are to be held in 2007, speculation on serial production is slated for how long thereafter? Numbers to be produced? Who will produce them?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Sorry .... but for my opinion it's a photoshop-fake !!!

You can clearly see the original forward-swept-wings and the canards ... the rest between wing and canard seems most obviously added by photoshop !

Anyway it's an interesting picture as it shows the early proposed design of the inward canted fins which were later abandoned !

Any comments !?!

Cheers, Deino

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Now that I take a second look, you are right, thats a doctored photo. Keen eye you have!

Look guys, you can still see the conards!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So they are going to go from a scaled down model to having operational prototypes ready in 2 years? I doubt it. I have no doubt the Russians will build some sort of 5th gen fighter, but when or how much they will build is still the question. My guess would be very few and first flight will defiantly not be in 07. And I have to say they look more like the F-23 then the Raptor.

jra

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I tried to see if I could find the original photo, but no luck. I do agree that they looked photoshoped. Which is too bad. It does look like a nice design. Unless they really are planning to take the SU-47 and change the wings. But some how I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yupe thats an SU37 (47 with the forward swept wings) allright, with some half A#@ed photochopping by coloring the floor a close lightened color to match the main wing and canards

[edit on 1-7-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Actually this photoshop hoax has been around for some time alredy. They have been made by modifying pictures of some small models of the SU-47.
You can see the SU-47 clearly in it if you observe closely.
Look for this in it :

I've seen it in some other forums. But that the prototype will be tested in 2007 is real news.

The one in the picture is of the older PAK-FA design and the newer one whose prototype will roll out in 2007 is a modified version of the older design which was essentially a SU-47 without forward swept wings.

All the designs-old&new are in the other thread in the trash bin and unfortunately i no longer have those pictures on my hard drive. However, a few can be found on the other thread whose address i have posted.

There is also a concept of the PAK-FA with switchblade like moveable wings that i have posted on another thread.

some designs/impressions

Russian switchblade equivalent PAK-FA concept

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Pak-Fa will be out by 2010. The Russians have tested RCS reduction on the MiG 1.44, and internal bays on the S-37/Su-47. Just by compiling all this together and adding RAM paint, they would be able to build some type of not-so-good stealth plane already.

I'm still waiting for some XXJ plans to come out. China has 3 times the funding for this project than India and Russia combined for the Pak-Fa, but China still hasn't tested any stealthy features on planes, while Russia has. I'll just have to keep guessing which one would be the first to come out. And, when it does, it will go all the way back to dogfights instead of BVR engagements.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And, when it does, it will go all the way back to dogfights instead of BVR engagements.

Maybe, maybe not you really think all of the countries that are in the Stealth club have not develop some type of system to track stealth airplanes? Think about it, if you know the rest of the world will catch up one day then you simply make that technology obsolete and roll out your new systems.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Maybe, maybe not you really think all of the countries that are in the Stealth club have not develop some type of system to track stealth airplanes? Think about it, if you know the rest of the world will catch up one day then you simply make that technology obsolete and roll out your new systems.

I guess you are right. The Americans have had stealth for at least 20 years now, it will be foolish to think that they will just be contempt with those. I think they might be testing stealth detectors and missles for use on future stealth aircraft that others might develope. Then again, Russians are working on plasma, and Chinese I don't know.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

PAK-FA Sukhoi T-50

Engines: AL-41F1 2*15500 kgs.
Weight:
VSTOL 21000 kg
max 32800 kg (runway 160m)/31600 kg
Fuel (int) 7000 /10800 kg
Dimensions 20.6 x 14.4 / 7.82 x 5.84 м
Sq 54.6 /77 sq.m

Max speed 2250 km/h
Alt.: 18800 m

Load balance: 0.95
Flight range: 4200-5500/7400 km

Armament: 2x30mm gun
Hardpoints: 8 (conf.), 2*4

Development of Russia's LFI (logkiy frontovoi istrebitel) lightweight tactical fighter has been dramatically accelerated after the Russian Air Force decided its priorities for the next 10 years. Revealed here exclusively as the I-2000 (Istrebitel [fighter] 2000) project, the aircraft is due to become operational in 2005 as Russia's basic front-line fighter. It is also likely to become the leading export product of the Russian aircraft industry. Available information on the I-2000 indicates that it will be closely comparable to the US Joint Strike Fighter, operating in both the air-to-air and air-to-surface roles.

Link to the rest of the article:
warfare.ru...

Mod edit of a copy-n-paste job. There is no need to copy-n-paste an ENTIRE article. 1-3 paragraphs and a working link will suffice.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Then again, Russians are working on plasma, and Chinese I don't know.

The US is working on this, as well, W4rl0rD.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Actually during the development of the F-117 a department of counter stealth technology was developed. That much is mentioned in the Ben Rich auto-bio 'Skunk Works".

One thing people forget is that the F-22 and JSF will be the first of a new generation of stealth a/c. One of the key points in thier favor is that thier stealth is much easier to maintain than the F-117 and the B-2.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join