It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Prove to me that it is false.....you can research more in depth of the religion, and read that scientists are baffled, because they are finding that these past civilizations regarded in the Book of Mormon did exist....what does that tell you.......

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4thefuture
Prove to me that it is false.....you can research more in depth of the religion, and read that scientists are baffled, because they are finding that these past civilizations regarded in the Book of Mormon did exist....what does that tell you.......

the guy that wrote the Book of Morom did some thorough research on his history.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4thefuture

Well, as a Mormon myself, I've read a lot of stuff about mormons. There isn't any hard proof for or against the religion, and isn't likely to ever be.

The Book of Mormon does mention some interesting things that people in the 1830s did not know, but later was discovered to be true.

Some examples:
-using cement is mentioned in Helaman. This was laughed at until ancient cement structures were found in north america dating to the approximate time period.
-gold plates. No gold plates with writing on them had been found at the time, but there have been since.
-chiasmus. This is a style of writing that is everywhere in the bible. It also occurs in the book of mormon. Chiasmus had not been recognized or defined in Joseph Smith's time.

There are some counter-examples too, however; the book of mormon also mentions things like elephants (never found in north america), horses (never found in north america either, but horse-like animals have been found), and certain plants and grains are mentioned in that time period, which have no evidence to support.

As a Mormon, I'd love to be able to tell you that all these civilizations did exist. While I believe they did, there is nothing yet to prove that they did, although there are evidences that point to the possibility. There are many professional mormon archaeologists that are devoting their careers to trying to find hard proof for their religion; hopefully some will find something for us.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
since we're multi-threading the same topic on 3 different threads, I'll quote from the other as well. Here's me:

My questions.

I have some unanswered questions about Mormonism in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it more comprehensive of a discussion.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

top topics

join