It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things around us to notice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm really wanting to hear about some things that I can see and point out in daily life that are strange or different.

You know, stuff like drawing the triangle on a dollar and getting MASON. I get a kick out of those kind of things and showing someone.

(Please no more on currency like "fold it like this" or "it has 13 of these". )

What things have people learned or noticed, little tricks or whatever, sort of like this?

I can't think of too many examples but there have to be a lot of things that people have noticed that are clever or whatever. Like, does an auto symbol look like something? Does a common housefold product have something strange written on it? Or something silly? Does a product have a strange alternative use that suggests a "conspiracy"? Does a certain fast food chain have something strange about their names, or architecture that are interesting?

I guess I'm looking for some things that I can spend some recreational time looking at or into when I walk around or am doing the shopping.

OK. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The odd thing in the fast food chains is the 'Der Weinerschnitzel' chain. They do not have weinerschnitzel on the menu. Would you think it odd that a restaurant that called itself a pizzeria would not sell any pizzas, only tacos? Or a 'Burger Barn' that only sold fried chicken???

And the name should be Das Wienerschnitzel. Using the 'Der' form is incorrect grammar.

Another oddity is the 'Long John Silver' chain of fast seafood restaurants. If you read the original story and not the sanitized Disney version you know Long John Silver was a rather disgusting and totally evil villain with no redeeming values at all. Certainly not the 'lovable rogue' as Disney portrayed him. He lied to, betrayed, and manipulated everyone in the story, even his own crew and those that befriended and aided him earlier. He is an odd person to name a restaurant after. Would you eat at a restaurant called 'Charlie Manson's ' or 'Jeffrey Dahmer's'?

[edit on 30-6-2005 by dave_54]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey Dave_54,

Your post made me think of another example. I thought that would be a funny way to confuse a newbie worker by ordering the item and then insisting that you've been to other locations that have it.

I used to order at McDonald's and finish by saying, "And I'll also have one smile please" because they had some sort of ad campaign that had to do with smiles. [edit] It was "the smiles are free." I'd say I wanted my free smile. I'd always get one (from the ladies). I never said this to guys.

But these are little off of what I'm thinking of here.

But your post made me think of this: I know some places have sort of little known "code words". Not really code words exactly, but some businesses train people to offer certain things when you use a special phrase. Or they are supposed to react by saying a certain thing. Maybe someone used to be a wal-mart slave and they know of some strange feature in every store?

Keep your eyes open.

[edit in second para]

[edit on 30-6-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 1-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Would you eat at a restaurant called 'Charlie Manson's ' or 'Jeffrey Dahmer's'?
[edit on 30-6-2005 by dave_54]

Depends how the food is

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
No chilies at Chili's, either. Except for one appetizer the deep-fried jalapenos found about everywhere else, too.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just realized my last post my have been leaning a little too far into some sort of "amusing company-specific social engineering trickery."

I think conspiracy related stuff, like the dollar bill mason triangle, are fun. (While folding a bill a million ways to get Washington chopping down a cherry tree is not (well, that would be kind of cool actually.))

Or, I'm not looking for things too state specific (in US examples), but even something like: Iowa rest-stops have dishes with a company name that doesn't exist (I made this one up), or something.

But stuff that's universal for most people, like a dollar bill or coke can or airline logo, is kind of what I'm trying to get at.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
HMMMMMmmmmm...apparently no one on this site has ever noticed anything strange about anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
something strange and difficult to identify or classify - Anomaly

I doubt that this will meet your criteria, but strange to me is anomalous. I have sorta a hobby
of looking for anomalies on the internet. Here is an example:

Type anomaly: Geology (Maybe even Chemistry)

What caught my eye: Forrest fire in California started by LANDSLIDE

The area of the landslide was the source, no storms, campfires or electric power.
The ground was hot. After nine months it still is. Like over 500 degrees.
Geologists have found no source (Geothermal) to account for this. They
are calling in the chemists. Hope this dont turn out to be a hoax.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
my 2 favs are the braille on drive up atm's and seeing eye dog signs. are the signs there for the dog or the blind person???

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
How about the intientsey of the weather? I know here in S.W. Va. this spring and so far this summer, we have experienced some monster thunderstorms with more than usual lighting and strong winds. We had a thunderstorm last week and I have never seen such an intense show of this dangerous stuff. The flashes just kept getting closer and closer and before I knew it, it was right on top of us. I knew it was going to be rough when I noticed a very fast moving cloud wall formation. I have seen my share of thunderstorms in my life but I must say this one had them all beat hands down. The show lasted for almost 40 mins. and did quite a bit of damage locally. I cannot help but wonder if this was a result of the ever growing theory of global warming that is causing all of this weird weather. I know that also during this 40 mins. we got just a little bit over 2.1/2" and it was coming down so hard and fast, it was hard to see 10ft. in front of yourself. over the past several years I have been talking with some of our local Veteran's at a nearby Vet. Hospital where I donate some of my time to help with the wheelchair Vets. and out of them all (about 35 or so ) said that they have never seen weather this screwed up. It looks like from here on out that we are in for a very bumpy road.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I can think of some logos.

Look at the word Disney for instance...666

Reversed 6 in the (D) 6 in the dot of the (i) and 3rd 6 in the (y) The (S) looks very much like a snake as well.

Use of the OWL or Bohemian Grove Moloch?

National Reconaissance Office 2000 "We Own the Night"

www.elfis.net...

National Press Club Logo

town.hall.org...

Owl formed by the streets that surround the US Capitol Washington DC

Saul Real Estate Investments

www.saul.com

Who was Saul
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me this - probably old, but thought i might aswell post it anyways. Its the logo of a British telecommunications network - BT (convinient name eh?)

That is their old logo. Notice anything?

This is it again, but i used my amazing MSPaint skillzzzzz to edit it

Yes, could be a silly coincidence, but, you never know....

Regards,
Vishnu

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ahhhhh
You see the fnords...

good for you all... now you can start seeing things more truly...

fnords fnords everywhere...
but not one to smoke, so just breath in air...

*read RAW illuminati trilogy... and schroendingers cat...
you will never look at a "public information sign" the same way again...

all hail discordia...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fnord
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
A fnord is disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy.

en.wikipedia.org... Help the others out a bit

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Road signs. As a ex military person i know this to be true and remember a thread on this subject a while ago were everyone was making up all sorts of conspiracies to explain this. The military both US and UK use normal civvilian road signs to direct unlocal military groups to certain rendezvous or camps, exercise areas. They put small circular illuminous/Dayglow stickers on road signs. In the middle at the top is "Straight ahead" and obviously to the left or right of the sign means "Next Left" or "Next Right". I still see them to this day but i remember a big discussion on here with people saying things like it was a big secret goverment project and stuff which gave me a right good laugh. Honestly keep an eye out for them especially if your near any military installations. Infact why not just go out and move them about and direct the buggers to drive past your house

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff I was asking about!
Many thanks for rescuing this thread from the garbage bin!

thesaint

I looked into the road sign "double meaning" stickers as well. This will be a fun one to look into.

Here's the ATS thread: secret military codes in our road signs?

And here's the link the off-site pages that started it all (fun, they'll give you a headache):
tackamarks.freeservers.com...

Washington Monument Prophecy?!?!

In researching the history of the Washington monument, I found some interesting things:

1. Original plans for the Washington Monument included a PYRAMID.

2. The WASHINGTON MONUMENT is the highest building in Washington D.C. by law!

3. The top of the obelisk is capped with a PYRAMEDIAN with the words LAUS DEO or "Praise be to God."

4. On a dollar bill, above the PYRAMID, the floating PYRAMEDIAN has an All-Seeing-Eye with the words above ANNUIT COEPTIS. "He (God) has favored our undertakings." (U.S. State Department Translation)

THERE'S MORE:

So to recap,

The MONUMENT was almost a PYRAMID and is capped with a PYRAMEDIAN with the words "Praise be to God."

The dollar bill has a PYRAMEDIAN w/EYE floating above the unfinished PYRAMID with the words "He (God) has favored our undertakings." AND...

With 2003 security updates including the four cameras now looking at citizens with an unobstructed view from the MONUMENT's observatory, The WASHINGTON MONUMENT now has 4 ALL-SEEING UNBLINKING EYES that watch out for us as depicted on the dollar bill.

Prophecy completed?

[Edited for stupid errors]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Can you beleive how long that discussion went on for on that link you just posted. It was a hell of a discussion about road signs hehe

Ill think of some others then come back to you asap

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
thesaint or anyone else contemplating looking into the road sign theory: It will drive you mad as you see the backs of signs on the left of the road (U.S.) and try to remember if you passed anything that would correspond.

It will also give you a neckache when you crane around to see the backs of signs already passed (preferably done as a passenger).

And as I mentioned, the off-site pages will give you a headache due to poor design.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
well, there is the Arrow in the Fed Ex sign, a while ago there was a picture of an old man with the # 666 on his beard on many procter & gamble products. Also, apperetnly if you rearange the $20 (US) you can apperently make the twin towers on fire appere.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This one's kind of light-weight, but...

Most apple cultists know this one, but not always. It could potentially freak out some ipod owners. The first apple computer, APPLE I was sold for $666 dollars. I posted this because it's so easy to prove and show someone.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

<<   2  3 >>

join