It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this thing with Iran be the spark Bu$h is looking for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Many 'round here have been thinking that Iran is next. I wonder if this Hostage picture is just a look a like that Bu$h is looking to use as a bridge to start the heat for a cookout in Iran.

I have to admit, if that is true, 'tis a great plan - quite slick.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It didn't take him long to jump on it did it?

The neocons have been salivating over Iran since well before 9-11.
I just have my doubts how practical any military option is going to be with Iran. If we just launch airstrikes, Iran is likely to hit back some place, my bet would be against troops deployed in Iraq. Besides, airstrikes aren't going to nab us any oil fields, are they?

A full scale invasion is an iffy propsition at best, most of our combat forces are tied up elsewhere, & I'd expect the Iranians will resist with a lot more enthusiasm than the Iraqi's did. And this time I doubt we can count on any support at all from our allies, not that we have many left.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Considering how much trouble Bush is in over Iraq - a poll today says 42% would like him to be Impeached if proven he misled us on Iraq (and you KNOW the answer to that question) - he can't afford to eye Iran.

www.zogby.com...
www.pollingreport.com...

I'd have to say that problems in Iran are the LAST thing he wants. Which is why when the neocons talk about going into Iran to clean the place out, the administration is quick to say we're not going to do that.

If they wanted to be in there, they'd be encouraging that sentiment, not dampening it down.

We've got enough on our plate right now, and I think those fools in DC might actually realize it.

All I can say is that incumbents better look out in 2006. There's so much pent up anger that I can't see anything short of elective revolution ...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I dont think Bush wil attack Iran in any way. Fighting a war on two fronts would be too dangerous and politically it would be a disaster. He would look nothing more than a paranoid war monger while the fanatics in the Middle East would have a field day with their daily attacks on troops.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
yep Bush wont invade Iran...

thats why there are

-spy planes and drones flying over Iran and Special Forces inside the country

-Israel saying that we are reaching a point of no return with Iran

-two draft bills going around (including an agreement struck with Canada which states that Canada with return all draft dodgers to the states)

-not to mention the whole petrodollar vs petroeuro battle... if America doesn't invade Iran soon then the American economy will collapse and America will become a post cold war Russia... why? cuz Iran is gonna open up its own lil oil bourse. America is in a fight for its very economic survival and Bush and co. are desperate enough to do the insane.

-Bush's own rhetoric... in his last speech he said 'Iraq is only the latest front in the war on terror'... he didn't say LAST, he said LATEST... its quite obvious he plans to continue on into Iran...

-Geopolitics... if America doesn't claim Iran as its own now, then china/russia (America's biggest future problem) will take advantage of that - which has already happened... chinese and russian companies have been given many contracts to work iranian oil fields.

-Ideology... the neocons believe this century should be the American century, and also some of the neocons, for example, Cheney are christian zionists who believe there must be a huge war in the middle east before Jesus will return.

-the simple fact that the job is not done... America doesn't yet control all the oil in the Middle East, Iran has huge untapped reserves some say the biggest on Earth even equal to Saudi Arabia.

And all that is just off the top of my head, i'm sure people could add to it. Iran is without doubt the next stop in the War on Terror. In short, if Bush doesn't continue this imperialist cruisade, then America is doomed much sooner than you think...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
If the administration decides to go anywhere else, be it Iran or wherever, there will be huge call ups of reservists. Military towns will be ghost towns within weeks of any decision. They wont alarm the American people as a whole until we are poised to strike, or if a draft is implimented.

Bush is definatly over his head in Iraq. I think all the war planners on this one suspected that Iraq would conform to our ideals rather quickly. Instead, they sort of opened up the floodgates of hell to every terrorist in the region.

No one is saying it, but alot of these cultures are savage and about two hundred years behind on alot of things. They arent ready of democracy, and I think its rather ignorant of us to think its our God-given right to spread it througout the world.

That being said, if the Iranians want democracy or something, then I think it is up to them to rise up against thier government. The 13 colonies didnt have any outside interfearance until after the revolution began.

Order in Iraq was alot better with Saddam. The guy is the Hitler of our time, but he knew how to run a country, and keep the terrorists out. With him in power, Baghdad was lit at least 20 hours a day straight. Now, Baghdad is lucky to have half that at random intervals.

I think Bush would be smart to reinstall Saddam. Even though its unlikely, we could allow him to be our puppet. Hell, he still thinks of himself as the President of Iraq, why not let him be the President of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think it would be hard for Bush to pull off an attack on Iran at this time due to the fact that we are alrady spread thin in Afgan. and Iraq. It is not impossible though it would stir the ire of the E.U. and not last but not least the Muslam world. I feel Bush may have the idea on the back burner for now but we would need one hell of an increase in our troops and that is just not going to happen at this time.

top topics

join