It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush urges US grid upgrade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

US President Bush has called for the US power grid to be upgraded as electricity gradually returned to eastern North America after the worst blackouts in history.

After yesterdays events the president has called for an upgrade. America is a country which needs alot of power. No one was ready for a black out. Especially New York. One of the biggest cities in the world was thrown into darkness. Everything was at a stand still. So what happened yesterday?

The first thoughts on this was it was a terrorist attack. People paniced and ran out to the streets and tried to rush home. But sadly most people thought this and traffic was at a stand still. The people of the cities, which were effected, were told to go home, but with traffic lights down, it was choas. Most of the people sleeped on the streets over night and the police done a good job to keep order.

The national guard was on stand by all night, but never were called out. The theory on a terrorist attacked disappeared after the mayor of New York claimed it wasn't a terrorist attacked. Reports suggested that this was a lightening attack, but seemed very hard to believe.

People were glad to see the daylight when the sun raised at 5am. It was claimed that the power would be back on in a matter on hours and slowly came back on throughtout the day. But people were warned to turn everything off incase of a power surge, which would cause a alot of damage.

It took 9 seconds to bring cities throughout America at a stand still and .if the plant is upgraded, it is highly unlucky that it would happen again. But you never know.

-Infinite-

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I suggest you read my latest blog on this to know the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I suggest you read my latest blog on this to know the truth.

I suggest you read the comments on his blog to laugh your azz off.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ok Colonel i will check your blog out

[Edited on 15-8-2003 by infinite]

new topics

top topics

join