It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela: U.S. a threat to world peace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 08:45 AM
link   
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- In a rare interview released Tuesday, former South African president Nelson Mandela took the opportunity to criticize the Bush administration and U.S. foreign policy, and he called the United States a "threat to world peace."

Mandela told Newsweek magazine that President George W. Bush's decision to seek regime change in Iraq was motivated by the desire to please the U.S. arms and oil industries.

Here is the rest of the story:
www.upi.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 09:57 AM
link   
way to go mandela. perhaps the most famous, most politically active person to really stick their neck out against the war on iraq.

- qo.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Mandela, who stepped down in 1999 after a single 5-year term, also criticized Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair for not producing evidence that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's government has produced weapons of mass destruction."

can't we just show them the reciepts?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe
can't we just show them the reciepts?

LMAO !!

***Psst, you can look up the travel log on some current administration folks who used to work for, well, you know, pass it on****

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Another " neutral " point of view from Porto Rico.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Another " neutral " point of view from Porto Rico.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

[Edited on 12-9-2002 by Ocelot]

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If I post an article that doesn't mean its my opinion. I just post whatever is interesting so you guys can read it and discuss it.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Nelson Mandella is on of the greatest men to walk the Earth and a very accurate moral compass. If u do not agree with him Ultra, that's your opinion. Whether it's because he's black or whatever I don't care. I don't care because I don't like you.

All Ocelot did was to post what Nelson Mandela said, he did not comment, nor did he pass judgement. You should take a leaf out of his book, and take it back to your Klan.

[Edited on 12-9-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
If I post an article that doesn't mean its my opinion. I just post whatever is interesting so you guys can read it and discuss it.

Don't mind about it, I was kidding with you, that's all. Friend ?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
Nelson Mandella is on of the greatest men to walk the Earth and a very accurate moral compass. If u do not agree with him Ultra, that's your opinion. Whether it's because he's black or whatever I don't care. I don't care because I don't like you.

All Ocelot did was to post what Nelson Mandela said, he did not comment, nor did he pass judgement. You should take a leaf out of his book, and take it back to your Klan.

[Edited on 12-9-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

Well, it's not his wife who have been charged on a trial for corruption, beating, unhuman treatments and others " good " things ?

Sure she's a "great woman " too for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was shocked to hear Mandela's statments. But, considering the fact that the US for the most part was a no-show at the conference...i think he may have spoke out of turn, his puppet master will soon snatch his strings no doubt.

as for him (Mandela) being a great man, i know a few South Africans who may beg to differ on that point having lost family members on his command. He was what we now refer to as a "terrorist", ordering the murder of civilians-bombing dance halls and resturants was not benethe his-moral highness. now, let's all do the twist...one day he's a terrorist, the next he's a "great man of peace"...makes you wonder don't it? but i, Saphronia, love it when there's a sudden switch, doctrine changes along with the histroy lessons and the sheeple sing ba..ba..ba as they follow.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Better you Saph, than I , to bring up Mandelas past.

moral compass, huh?

[Edited on 12-9-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing.
South Africa one of the most violent places in the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey guys, you don't understand or what ?

Now, when you're a terrorist, you're a "great man ", you receive the Nobel Price, you're invited to some UN party and so on...

Huum...Peace Nobel Price...Nobel is the guy who found the dynamite, and they give you a price with his name, in the name of the peace.

Whats' the next step ? The " War Gandhi Price may be " ?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Fantastic_Damage,

You don't have to insult me with the U2U.
If you want to do it, you can do it on the forum, I've nothing to hide.

It's not my fault if you and your little friends don't dare to do your coming out. " Just do it ", you'll feel better after and you'll be less aggressive sweetheart.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i'll also add all murder/war is wrong. it is not only men like Mr. Mandela that we can charge as insane hypocrites, but also our own governments and in some cases ourselves for accepting any and all types of violence as a viable solution. wonder how many of you will still agree.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Saphronia,

Put my name in your " agrees list "

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:32 AM
link   
what UP? you've been screaming for a war in iraq for the past couple of days, and now you turn around and put yourself on saphronia's 'agree' list?
did you actually read what she posted?

- qo.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Do u guys remember aparthied or is that wiped from history too?

as for him (Mandela) being a great man, i know a few South Africans who may beg to differ on that point having lost family members on his command. He was what we now refer to as a "terrorist", ordering the murder of civilians-bombing dance halls and resturants was not benethe his-moral highness. now, let's all do the twist...one day he's a terrorist, the next he's a "great man of peace"...makes you wonder don't it? but i, Saphronia, love it when there's a sudden switch, doctrine changes along with the histroy lessons and the sheeple sing ba..ba..ba as they follow.

U saying that definatley separates you from the sheep, but you are be contrary for the sake of attention. Mandella gave up the best years of his life for what he believed in, and played a major role in the abolition of apartheid. And doesnt the fact that Phoenix agrees with you tell you something?

[Edited on 13-9-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
of course we all remember aparthied. i'm assuming no one here supported it or the oppressive regime in SA that upheld it. but, with that said violence on any level for any reason is insanity. i don't think violence solved SA's problem-if anything it was international pressure and a lot of folk putting their life on the line to protest non-violently in a over charged violent atmosphere. Read Mandela's book. his thoughts are insane at times but in the end he doesn't even credit violence for solving the problem. which still exist on a very covert level, cause during aparthied one family controlled all of the wealth/resources of that area. after aparthied one family controls all of the wealth/resources in that area. if you are looking for someone to blame...why don't you blame that family not the whites and the blacks...it was their policy to keep them at odds with one another so that they stay poor/working poor. and they continue this with new policies that are oppressive to white people-they continue to grow and feed the hate and that's why SA is still a violent mess.

i don't believe killing innocent people-whether they be police, military, or citizens having lunch in a cafe is right way to fight back against oppressive govermental policies. while Mandela's cause was just his means were insane and his fight shouldn't be over, but of course he's been bought and paid for ole puppet. yes, i said it the great Mandela is nothing more than a puppet.

sorry, but i guess this means i'm back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join